Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From your article

“Sway bars are designed to ensure your vehicle’s wheels don’t move too far up or down independently of the opposite wheel.”

It’s the independently of the opposite wheel that changes. If you have both wheels going up and down and the same time like going through whoops there is no extra travel with the sway bar connected or disconnected.

Edit: Also articulation is not more travel. Articulation is the ability for the wheels to flex independent from each other. Travel is governed by how long the shocks are.
In theory you would have max up and down travel in the same direction but a sway bar can limit the amount of droop.

Since the only thing Ford lists different right now is the sway bar disconnect I assume it limits full down travel.

Edit: It could also be that the Badlands gets shocks which allow for more travel that are separate from what you get on the Sasquatch package

Edit2: The infograph from Ford says
Ford Bronco Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 6.04.22 PM

So while it still has the Bilstein shocks maybe they allow more travel?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably should change the title of this thread to:

Base Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In theory you would have max up and down travel in the same direction but a sway bar can limit the amount of droop.

Since the only thing Ford lists different right now is the sway bar disconnect I assume it limits full down travel.

Edit: It could also be that the Badlands gets shocks which allow for more travel that are separate from what you get on the Sasquatch package

Ford Bronco Bronco has less ground clearance than a Jeep Renegade Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 6.04.22 PM

The Badlands has more travel than the Badsquatch because the tires are smaller

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

It is confirmed that they are limiting the amount of travel on the 35’s. It’s much more likely that the Badlands and Sasquatch have the same shocks and lift but the badlands is unlimited while the Sasquatch is limited.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Badlands has more travel than the Badsquatch because the tires are smaller
It is confirmed that they are limiting the amount of travel on the 35’s. It’s much more likely that the Badlands and Sasquatch have the same shocks and lift but the badlands is unlimited while the Sasquatch is limited.
Ah I did not see this anywhere. That explains it then.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My guess would be that the stock suspension can fit up to 32s. The badlands suspension looks to be the same suspension as the Sasquatch and it is needed to fit 33-35’s.

I'm along similar lines .....maybe a level kit on the base to get 32-33's over base's 30's. Upper control arms and longer coil overs w/res to get the needed "clearance" and control for 35's.

Reactions: MVP

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now I think I got it.

35's (Badsquatch) limited due to disconnect allowing more articulation and rubbing fenders.

33's (Badsquatch) not limited because no rub.

35's Base Squatch not limited because no disconnect and not enough articulation to rub fender.

(y)

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just had this convo with someone else in another thread. A sway bar disconnect can not give you more travel. It allows the wheels to articulate more by not being connected.

The travel comes from the suspension being lifted and longer travel than base.

Yeah I noticed this happens a lot around here now, same conversation on multiple threads. This old man gets lost easy.

Can't wait till August.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now I think I got it.

35's (Badsquatch) limited due to disconnect allowing more articulation and rubbing fenders.

33's (Badsquatch) not limited because no rub.

35's Base Squatch not limited because no disconnect and not enough articulation to rub fender.

(y)
No.

All squatchs will have limited uptravel, to prevent rubbing, like if you hit a jump. Nothing to do with articulation or a disconnectable sway bar.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No.

All squatchs will have limited uptravel, to prevent rubbing, like if you hit a jump. Nothing to do with articulation or a disconnectable sway bar.

Ok got it (y) Keep me straight guys.

Reactions: MVP

Sponsored

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So with 32" tires, we'll have 9.4" of ground clearance, and with 33's only 9.9"!
Even with 35's it only goes up to 10.8 inches on the 4 door, because the high clearance suspension on the Sasquatch adds an inch of lift

and the Outlander Sport

and the Subaru Crosstrek

even a freaking Rav4 has more ground clearance than the 4 door!
Base Bronco also has true 4x4 and doesn't have a CVT.

If you buy a Base Bronco and build it out, you'll have a hell of an off road machine.

If you buy a Jeep Renegade and build it out, you still have a Jeep Renegade.

JT1

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had this convo with someone else in another thread. A sway bar disconnect can not give you more travel. It allows the wheels to articulate more by not being connected.

The travel comes from the suspension being lifted and longer travel than base.
That’s not correct, a disconnected sway bar absolutely gives you more wheel travel. Otherwise why do we unhook them when we are playing in the rocks?
Sponsored