John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I sat in a $56,000 Jeep Mojave today while getting my Son's 2011 Subaru fixed. I cannot fit in the car with seat all the way down, my head is pressed hard against the crossbar. Bronco crossbar is 3' further back. I'm 6'5". No electric seat option, and the cab feels more cramped than the OBX I have on order. I have plenty of headroom in the OBX. I also tried a $65,400 4dr Jeep Rubicon 4xe, and the seating squash was exactly the same. Reminds me why I'm a Ford guy.

Incidently, the Jeep roof panels are fiberglass, smells like a boat hull that just came out of the mold.

20210830_145736.jpg
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is a boat hull that came out of a mold.. Jeep partners with a boat manufacturing company for their hard tops.

Man, what a warm and friendly face you have! Good to see some cheer.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
You must have an extremely tall torso or sit with the seat damn near vertical. I'm the same height as you with a very tall torso and I have a few inches above my head in my JK and the same in my friends former JL.

Side note: your picture freaked me out at first. You look shockingly like a former co-worker of mine.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is a boat hull that came out of a mold.. Jeep partners with a boat manufacturing company for their hard tops.

Man, what a warm and friendly face you have! Good to see some cheer.
May as well be happy in retirement! And neither Jeep nor Subaru has many vehicles for sale, so getting mad about Bronco delays seems a waste of energy.

OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You must have an extremely tall torso or sit with the seat damn near vertical. I'm the same height as you with a very tall torso and I have a few inches above my head in my JK and the same in my friends former JL.

Side note: your picture freaked me out at first. You look shockingly like a former co-worker of mine.
I thought I'd give Jeep a chance to wow me. laid the seat way back, no help, and it was all the way down with saleswoman help. These are new cars, and I'm not familiar with the various Jeep models and if yours were designed differently. I do, however, carry alot of my height from my waist up. But, I just don't fit in the Jeep. I can make the Subaru work!

Sponsored
OP
OP
lakesinai

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have you sat in a new (2019-2021) Jeep? I've done a little research on the Jeep JK (2006-2018) and its "Sport Bar", and it was replaced and redesigned with the end of JK model in 2018. It may be that your JK roof crossbar had more headroom than the current Jeep models, which are part of a complete 2019 redesign, which, despite all of its newfound strength, are not as roomy as the Bronco for headroom according to my field testing this past week.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the same issue with my head hitting the crossbar in the Gladiator and Wrangler. The only other vehicle other than the Bronco that excites me is the '22 Tundra.
Sponsored