First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I can’t say for sure regarding the accuracy of this info, but I had a reply on Twitter to one of my tweets badgering Mike Levine about this airbag recall with what they claim is the email address to the guy who signed off on this recall and the proposed procedure for it. It does match his name on the document I had found previously. I’m about to send him an email and I suggest everyone of us who is stuck waiting on this damn airbag recall to get fix just blow his inbox up. I plan on spamming him at least once per day personally. Here’s the email address for his Ford email: [email protected]
Sponsored

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I can’t say for sure regarding the accuracy of this info, but I had a reply on Twitter to one of my tweets badgering Mike Levine about this airbag recall with what they claim is the email address to the guy who signed off on this recall and the proposed procedure for it. It does match his name on the document I had found previously. I’m about to send him an email and I suggest everyone of us who is stuck waiting on this damn airbag recall to get fix just blow his inbox up. I plan on spamming him at least once per day personally. Here’s the email address for his Ford email: [email protected]
Thanks for this

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I decided to go ahead and email Mr. David Johnson. We’ll see if I hear anything back. I sincerely doubt it since he isn’t in a customer-facing position, and I would bet that my email gets sent to spam, but who knows, maybe I’ll get a reply. Here’s what I said:

Good Evening Mr. Johnson,

I apologize for this email, but desperation and frustration have led me to this. I am one of 553 Broncos affected by this airbag recall that was first noticed in August and I am still awaiting that fix. Your name is listed on the documents posted to the NHTSA website as the author of the memo about this recall. Ford has been completely unwilling to assist or provide any real information to us.

A bit of background on my Bronco first though. It was blended on 8/4 after several scheduling shifts and was promptly sent to what is referred to as “Dirt Mountain” amongst enthusiasts, where it spent more than 2 months waiting the revised MIC 2.0 top. It was finally released at the beginning of October and I thought the wait was finally over, only to have Ford issue a recall on airbags in 553 units. Once you issued the recall a stop-sale was put into place and it has been sitting there for 2 months now, all while Ford continues to build newer units and deliver them to people while I, and others, still wait. According to various articles this was to be a “quick” fix and was to be completed in Q4. Well, we are in Q4 and only have 2 weeks left for Ford to make this right, and I have no faith that it will happen. In fact, letters about the recall process were supposed to be sent out between 11/15-11/19 and I have yet to even see that. The issue cannot be commodity constraints because Ford has built thousands more, all needing airbags, after mine. It can’t be government agencies because I contacted the NHTSA directly, and emailed the name of the contact they assigned to Ford to handle this, and she specifically said that the issue is purely on Ford to fix at this time. This is a straightforward airbag swap, and dealers handle these all the time, so what exactly is the holdup and why has Ford chosen to completely ignore us and provide zero information?

This vehicle is not a luxury, it’s a necessity for my family. We need 2 cars and I sold mine when the Bronco was in transit. Because I’ve chosen this vehicle and kept waiting and believing each promise Ford made, I’ve now lost out on the ability to purchase a different vehicle at a more reasonable price as inflation and supply issues have driven up prices. Every day I am forced to wait also risks interest going higher as well and costing me more money via financing. I would like an answer here, and more importantly, a quick solution that is very much owed to me, and all the others impacted, by Ford for dragging their feet on this. I realize there’s a good chance that you will not even see this since it will probably be sent to your spam box, but on the slim chance it does get to you, then I am begging you for some real answers here. If anyone can provide them it seems it would be you. We understand that the airbag issue wasn’t Ford’s fault directly, but the handling of it is, and it’s a bad look to build thousands of Broncos after ours and still have no fix for ours. I look forward to hopefully hearing back from you on this issue.

Sincerely,
David
Long-Suffering Bronco Owner-To-Be

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I decided to go ahead and email Mr. David Johnson. We’ll see if I hear anything back. I sincerely doubt it since he isn’t in a customer-facing position, and I would bet that my email gets sent to spam, but who knows, maybe I’ll get a reply. Here’s what I said:

Good Evening Mr. Johnson,

I apologize for this email, but desperation and frustration have led me to this. I am one of 553 Broncos affected by this airbag recall that was first noticed in August and I am still awaiting that fix. Your name is listed on the documents posted to the NHTSA website as the author of the memo about this recall. Ford has been completely unwilling to assist or provide any real information to us.

A bit of background on my Bronco first though. It was blended on 8/4 after several scheduling shifts and was promptly sent to what is referred to as “Dirt Mountain” amongst enthusiasts, where it spent more than 2 months waiting the revised MIC 2.0 top. It was finally released at the beginning of October and I thought the wait was finally over, only to have Ford issue a recall on airbags in 553 units. Once you issued the recall a stop-sale was put into place and it has been sitting there for 2 months now, all while Ford continues to build newer units and deliver them to people while I, and others, still wait. According to various articles this was to be a “quick” fix and was to be completed in Q4. Well, we are in Q4 and only have 2 weeks left for Ford to make this right, and I have no faith that it will happen. In fact, letters about the recall process were supposed to be sent out between 11/15-11/19 and I have yet to even see that. The issue cannot be commodity constraints because Ford has built thousands more, all needing airbags, after mine. It can’t be government agencies because I contacted the NHTSA directly, and emailed the name of the contact they assigned to Ford to handle this, and she specifically said that the issue is purely on Ford to fix at this time. This is a straightforward airbag swap, and dealers handle these all the time, so what exactly is the holdup and why has Ford chosen to completely ignore us and provide zero information?

This vehicle is not a luxury, it’s a necessity for my family. We need 2 cars and I sold mine when the Bronco was in transit. Because I’ve chosen this vehicle and kept waiting and believing each promise Ford made, I’ve now lost out on the ability to purchase a different vehicle at a more reasonable price as inflation and supply issues have driven up prices. Every day I am forced to wait also risks interest going higher as well and costing me more money via financing. I would like an answer here, and more importantly, a quick solution that is very much owed to me, and all the others impacted, by Ford for dragging their feet on this. I realize there’s a good chance that you will not even see this since it will probably be sent to your spam box, but on the slim chance it does get to you, then I am begging you for some real answers here. If anyone can provide them it seems it would be you. We understand that the airbag issue wasn’t Ford’s fault directly, but the handling of it is, and it’s a bad look to build thousands of Broncos after ours and still have no fix for ours. I look forward to hopefully hearing back from you on this issue.

Sincerely,
David
Long-Suffering Bronco Owner-To-Be
This is worded absolutely perfectly, it shows the frustration/irritation, yet doesn’t push it into his face and isn’t overwhelming at all. I’ll be sending a similarly worded email tomorrow and probably every day for the foreseeable future until we finally hear at least something as to why ford has been dragging their feet on such a simple issue. Hopefully he responds soon!

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My email was very similar to yours for the first half. I didn’t elaborate on a need , but stayed very cordial. Will report with any response

Sponsored

gjackson

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I emailed him also. Also kind of hoping the delay was waiting for results of the crash test that just came out.

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I emailed him also. Also kind of hoping the delay was waiting for results of the crash test that just came out.
I was thinking the same.

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was thinking the same.
That’s an interesting theory I hadn’t thought of, but if that was the fear then why build thousands more after ours were hit with the recall? Wouldn’t they want to make sure they all worked right before building/shipping out more with airbags they might have concerns with? I still think they plan all along was to prioritize the end of the MY21 run, and now that they’ve done that and the MY22s begin soon that we’ll suddenly see the instructions get sent out, which if that’s the case I’m still kissed and it’s total bullshit. If that was their intention then they should have stated it rather than all playing stupid and keeping us completely in the dark.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice @Texas_Dave ! I’ll email to and report back if anything happens. Did mike Levine give you this email?

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice @Texas_Dave ! I’ll email to and report back if anything happens. Did mike Levine give you this email?
No, it was another Twitter user who also trolls Levine for answers. They’ve taken to liking my posts and i theirs, and I had mentioned the NHTSA doc in one of my tweets at Levine. I’m guessing the other user either has access to ford, or simply used a company directory to look their email up, but either way, it sounds like he’s going to be getting quite a messages to ready from all of us.

Sponsored
OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The problem is the extra fold in the airbag. It may or may not deploy correctly. Now that they have crashed it and have crash test dummies in the seats with sensors they can most likely calculate what will happen with the extra fold. My guess is that since the bronco passed very well. That they might just swap it out with the regular airbag or just remove the recall. If it had not have passed well. Maybe they would have had to put in a different one on all broncos. Therefore why do 553 if you will have to do them all again with a bigger recall. Again these are just my rambling thoughts. Just hope I can finally get my Bronco released

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm in!

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The problem is the extra fold in the airbag. It may or may not deploy correctly. Now that they have crashed it and have crash test dummies in the seats with sensors they can most likely calculate what will happen with the extra fold. My guess is that since the bronco passed very well. That they might just swap it out with the regular airbag or just remove the recall. If it had not have passed well. Maybe they would have had to put in a different one on all broncos. Therefore why do 553 if you will have to do them all again with a bigger recall. Again these are just my rambling thoughts. Just hope I can finally get my Bronco released
I would love nothing more than for you to be right about this.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where are you getting the info that there was a crash test done?

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Where are you getting the info that there was a crash test done?
Just google “ IIHS bronco” many articles on it. Happened earlier this week
Sponsored