First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope, not a damn thing, and forget trying to get answers from anyone. Mike Levine purposely ignores any and all tough questions posed on social media too. So much for being a VP of “communications”. I’d be embarrassed to claim that title if I were him with Ford’s horrible handling of all things Bronco, including the utter lack of communication on airbags. Remember when letters were supposed to be 11/19 and finish 11/22? Has anyone seen one of these magical letters for the recall where it outlines how and when this is supposed to happen?
I can't even get a part number for an airbag. Ford claims they don't exist!

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nope, not a damn thing, and forget trying to get answers from anyone. Mike Levine purposely ignores any and all tough questions posed on social media too. So much for being a VP of “communications”. I’d be embarrassed to claim that title if I were him with Ford’s horrible handling of all things Bronco, including the utter lack of communication on airbags. Remember when letters were supposed to be 11/19 and finish 11/22? Has anyone seen one of these magical letters for the recall where it outlines how and when this is supposed to happen?
How do I get ahold of this Levine fella?

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can't even get a part number for an airbag. Ford claims they don't exist!
But we know the part exists, otherwise thousands of Broncos wouldn’t have been produced after ours. They’re purposely choosing not to make a part number available, although I found the part # in the NHTSA paperwork. You can see the part # for the “remedy part” listed here:
Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag 1638196435527

As for getting ahold of Levine, it’s Twitter. I literally had to resort to creating a Twitter account for the express purpose of trying to get info from him out of desperation. Crazy that this is the length ive had to go to in an attempt to get any sort of honest answer, but I’ve gotten nothing. He actually responded to me twice, both times with nothing worth noting, and now just ignores anyone asking tough questions.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But we know the part exists, otherwise thousands of Broncos wouldn’t have been produced after ours. They’re purposely choosing not to make a part number available, although I found the part # in the NHTSA paperwork. You can see the part # for the “remedy part” listed here:

As for getting ahold of Levine, it’s Twitter. I literally had to resort to creating a Twitter account for the express purpose of trying to get info from him out of desperation. Crazy that this is the length ive had to go to in an attempt to get any sort of honest answer, but I’ve gotten nothing. He actually responded to me twice, both times with nothing worth noting, and now just ignores anyone asking tough questions.
I can now give ford a part number now! I swear they claim one don't exist

Sponsored

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Thanks to you I just called my dealer and ordered my airbag and it is on it's way

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So they used that exact part # and confirmed it was found and ordered?
So I texted my dealer and they said they would check, but I would also touch base with your dealer before moving forward, just to make sure, because my salesman texted this to me:

“Let me check with service. I hope that person didn’t void their recall. We have a bulletin that states if we order the part before the recall is moved passed the advanced notice it will void the recall and warranty. I’ll see what they say though.”

So make sure that they aren’t jumping the gun and potentially voiding anything. That being said, it proves the part is available and Ford is purposely not making it available by delaying on posting this “bulletin”. It should also be past “advanced notice” because that was supposed to occur between 11/15-11/19.

EDIT: Salesman tells me that’s just for notification, but that date doesn’t indicate when Ford is “ready to move forward”. So we just have to sit here with an unknown, undetermined date for when this will happen, despite parts being available.

Last edited:

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm soooo pissed off about this. It may not be Ford's fault the airbags were faulty, but the way they're handling this is a clusterf**k! Very heartbreaking to see Bronco's continue to be produced and delivered, meanwhile mine and others have been sitting at the dealership for 2 months now with no word out of Ford other than, sorry that part can't be ordered right now! Come on @Ford Motor Company!!!! What the hell is going on?

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I'm here to b*tch... got a gleeful text from my dealer this morning with pics of my beautiful new Badlands sitting on their lot. Set up a time to pick her up, got my financials in order. Got a call from a very upset salesman a few minutes ago because as he was prepping the Bronco, they told him they couldn't release it, AS THEY HAD NOT REPLACED THE AIRBAG YET!!! Why TF did they release it from MAP with a bad airbag after it had already sat on Dirt Mountain for 3 months?!?!? On the dealer's side of things, it's not even repairable at this point. I told him I knew about the recall, the number of Broncos affected, how it was every 6th one, blah blah blah... but I had figured that replacing the airbag was part of the holdup as it waited for a top, but I figured wrong. I also told him that I did not want it sitting out front as a lure for people, nor did I want customers sitting in it. He assured me it would stay locked in the back, and "nobody would fart in it". So, I guess the other shoe has dropped, unfortunately. So close, and yet so far...

Sponsored
OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, I'm here to b*tch... got a gleeful text from my dealer this morning with pics of my beautiful new Badlands sitting on their lot. Set up a time to pick her up, got my financials in order. Got a call from a very upset salesman a few minutes ago because as he was prepping the Bronco, they told him they couldn't release it, AS THEY HAD NOT REPLACED THE AIRBAG YET!!! Why TF did they release it from MAP with a bad airbag after it had already sat on Dirt Mountain for 3 months?!?!? On the dealer's side of things, it's not even repairable at this point. I told him I knew about the recall, the number of Broncos affected, how it was every 6th one, blah blah blah... but I had figured that replacing the airbag was part of the holdup as it waited for a top, but I figured wrong. I also told him that I did not want it sitting out front as a lure for people, nor did I want customers sitting in it. He assured me it would stay locked in the back, and "nobody would fart in it". So, I guess the other shoe has dropped, unfortunately. So close, and yet so far...

Welcome to the club

KareBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mazda CX-5, 2020 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the club
I feel so special 😒. Anybody's dealer hook them up with some swag or points or something? My salesman feels bad, but I still get more info from this group than what he gets from Ford.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, we all saw that, but in similar notice it states we would be notified the 15th-19th and it's way past those dates.
Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag Recall Schedule
And what qualifies as “late Q4” exactly? I mean, today is 12/1, so that’s pretty damn late in Q4 if you ask me. These ridiculous generalities need to stop at this point. Give a specific date, simple as that Ford. Parts exist because they’re being used in new builds, so this late Q4 seems to confirm what I’ve suspected all along, which is that Ford is fucking us all over while finishing the MY21 run first, then the part and bulletin will suddenly become available I bet. They should have prioritized correcting their mistake first and foremost.
Sponsored