Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sitting at my BMW dealership for break-in service, and service guy tells me there are 2 recalls and they'll take care of both while I'm here. Crazy how that works!
Sponsored

Ocean21

Badlands
First Name
Ocean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had my Badlands delivered Friday to Dealership. It was built on July 19th. Went to dealership today and they canā€™t deliver due to airbag recall. I hope it doesnā€™t get sent back for the repair. Waiting on more info here.

Big Sky Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am in this boat as well. Long time lurker, first morning reservation, Aug 9 blend, then relegated to dirt mountain.
Finally got the shipping email, and arrived at the dealer on Dec 11
But, same boat, held at dealer for airbag recall šŸ¤Æ

I guess we did a little different though, signed all the papers and traded in my old vehicle, now just waiting for the Bronco. But I got a loaner from the dealer, I have been leaving my daily driver (4Runner) at home and putting some serious miles on a loaner Escape.
Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag 13FDEF67-3A58-4584-8847-4D03F7F8C7EB

BCE096A0-FEEA-47D5-945D-82A170D3AF16.jpeg

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am in this boat as well. Long time lurker, first morning reservation, Aug 9 blend, then relegated to dirt mountain.
Finally got the shipping email, and arrived at the dealer on Dec 11
But, same boat, held at dealer for airbag recall šŸ¤Æ

I guess we did a little different though, signed all the papers and traded in my old vehicle, now just waiting for the Bronco. But I got a loaner from the dealer, I have been leaving my daily driver (4Runner) at home and putting some serious miles on a loaner Escape.
Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag BCE096A0-FEEA-47D5-945D-82A170D3AF16

Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag BCE096A0-FEEA-47D5-945D-82A170D3AF16
You got one hell of a dealer if theyā€™re willing to give you a loaner.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just FYI to those waiting, the dealer bulletin containing the part numbers and technical instructions became available today. Check in with your dealer.

Sponsored

Archangel

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just FYI to those waiting, the dealer bulletin containing the part numbers and technical instructions became available today. Check in with your dealer.
Massbronco,

Do you have a link or a copy of the document?
Looked online and everything still states " 21C23/awaiting# "

GoWebster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
**Allegedly** 2Dr Badsquatch Hardtop 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Echo this - Dealer just called to tell me they were notified they could order the part.

Mine has been sitting on the lot for since 12/7 waiting for this to be resolved to take it home. Fingers crossed this is the last in the growing list of delays. 524 days and counting.....

OP
OP

UtahBroncoGuy

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford Bronco / 2021 FE bronco / 2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally!!! Glad it passed the crash test

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Massbronco,

Do you have a link or a copy of the document?
Looked online and everything still states " 21C23/awaiting# "
It's a dealer bulletin, so i'm not sure if its something I can post (i'm sure someone will). I can tell you that I ordered parts for one of my customers and the parts consisted of an airbag as well as a center cluster instrument trim panel. I can't speak for all regions, but for me parts were about 2 days out. The labor allowance to install them is 1.7 hours, so once your dealer gets the parts it should be quick. Ask your dealer to review the dealer bulletin associated with 21C23, which was updated on 12/20.

Sponsored

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve been holding out on getting tires for my focus for months now thinking my bronco would be ready, and of course the day I cave in is the day the recall gets addressed šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­ maybe I shouldā€™ve bought tires sooner!

gjackson

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m gonna need Tricky Dick to confirm this before I believe it.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My for account was updated today and I got a text from my salesman, airbag has been ordered and they are authorized to replace and sell. Still no email from Ford though!
Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 9.19.56 PM 1

Texas_Dave

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can also confirm this to be true. I received a random message from another Twitter user who had been going through the same issue telling me their dealer said the fix was in and the part was ordered. I confirmed with the salesman at my dealer that the fix has indeed been approved and the parts ordered. This was all followed up with a tweet to me from Mike Levine himself telling me that the recall has been addressed and to check with dealer for details. It was nice to finally get some sort of reply from him after all this time, but I still want to know why exactly it too so long and why there was no communication on it whatsoever. Itā€™s piss-poor treatment of customers on their part and the timing seems to confirm my suspicion all along that the only delay was Fordā€™s intention to complete all the other MY21ā€™s first before swinging back around to ours. I still find that to be inexcusable as ours should have been addressed with priority and Iā€™m definitely getting some of that Ford customer satisfaction money, and hopefully some other concessions as well because itā€™s definitely owed.
Sponsored