First Name
LeeAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995, 2021, and 2022 Ford Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Escaped from Dirt Mountain only to be held for the airbag recall. But it's finally free!

Ford Bronco Bronco held at dealership for airbag Bronco.JPG
Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They fixed the airbag??
Congrats. Iā€™ve lost all hope that Iā€™ll be getting mine in 2021. šŸ˜¢

Escaped from Dirt Mountain only to be held for the airbag recall. But it's finally free!

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also , anecdotally, it seems thereā€™s a disproportionately large group of 2-doors caught up in this airbag fiasco. šŸ¤”

Bronco1995

Outer Banks
First Name
LeeAnn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995, 2021, and 2022 Ford Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They fixed the airbag??
Congrats. Iā€™ve lost all hope that Iā€™ll be getting mine in 2021. šŸ˜¢
Yes, the dealer ordered the part Tuesday and had it installed yesterday. We honestly did not expect to take delivery in 2021.

Sponsored

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those with FEā€™s, the center trim piece that is to be ordered with the airbag is by model and it didnā€™t list FE. Dealer confirmed and ordered but he didnā€™t confirm what resolution was . If anyone needs more info I can go back and ask again.

I was really hoping for a Christmas miracle and get my Bronco today since the parts have bben there since Tuesday. THERE IS NO SANTA!!!!!

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Itā€™s been an agonizing holiday weekend waiting for tomorrow when I can check on airbag progress. It better be at the dealership or I might have to drive to MAP to get it myself!

OldSchoolHood

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Itā€™s been an agonizing holiday weekend waiting for tomorrow when I can check on airbag progress. It better be at the dealership or I might have to drive to MAP to get it myself!
Any more Info on the airbag? I'm in the same boat! Did you dealer order the part?

GoWebster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
**Allegedly** 2Dr Badsquatch Hardtop 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Echo this - Dealer just called to tell me they were notified they could order the part.

Mine has been sitting on the lot for since 12/7 waiting for this to be resolved to take it home. Fingers crossed this is the last in the growing list of delays. 524 days and counting.....

Quick update - curious if y'all are hearing anything different...

There are 3 units (all two door hard tops) on my dealer's lot impacted by the recall. They say they ordered the airbag / trim "as soon as they were able" and received the parts for the first unit on the 12/22 and the second one (mine) was in transit to the dealer as of 12/23.

Before I had talked to the sales manager I called the parts department and they had told me that the impacted airbag was on backorder with no release date for any orders placed now (12/23).

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but what colossal F' U from @Ford Motor Company here to early order holders. Volumes of units rolling off the line with unimpacted airbags but 553 can't be pulled aside and proactively / immediately shipped to rectify this?

Oh well, at least they sent us a neato calendar right?

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Quick update - curious if y'all are hearing anything different...

There are 3 units (all two door hard tops) on my dealer's lot impacted by the recall. They say they ordered the airbag / trim "as soon as they were able" and received the parts for the first unit on the 12/22 and the second one (mine) was in transit to the dealer as of 12/23.

Before I had talked to the sales manager I called the parts department and they had told me that the impacted airbag was on backorder with no release date for any orders placed now (12/23).

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but what colossal F' U from @Ford Motor Company here to early order holders. Volumes of units rolling off the line with unimpacted airbags but 553 can't be pulled aside and proactively / immediately shipped to rectify this?

Oh well, at least they sent us a neato calendar right?
No info from dealer on my end. The trim piece was delivered but no airbag. I called Ford parts to try to order myself and they said the part was obsolete. Canā€™t make this shit up.

Sponsored

GoWebster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
**Allegedly** 2Dr Badsquatch Hardtop 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No info from dealer on my end. The trim piece was delivered but no airbag. I called Ford parts to try to order myself and they said the part was obsolete. Canā€™t make this shit up.
Seriously - the handling of this has been magical. I called @Ford Motor Company and got bounced around and ended up talking to a rep in the recall department after an hour on the phone.

After giving her my VIN and the recall number multiple times she was adamant that there was not a stop sale recall on my unit (as I was staring at the ford.com/support/recalls page that said otherwise). She seriously said, "Oh this will be no problem, let me call your dealer and let them know there is no recall..." Shockingly somehow that didn't resolve the situation.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got word from my salesman that my Airbag is in and being installed this afternoon!

Archangel

First Edition
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just received a message that our Bronco airbag has been replaced and is ready for pickup.

Will pick up tomorrow!

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whelpā€¦called my dealer today to see what the update wasā€¦. Fucker told me they still werenā€™t authorized to order and replace the partsā€¦. So I had to correct him and sent him a direct link proving replacement has been authorized. Youā€™d think being a large scale dealer just 30 miles from MAP would have accurate informationā€¦.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What link?
Iā€™ve been talking to my dealer. Theyā€™ve had no word yet. I chalk it up to being a 2no class american (ie.Canadian) šŸ˜‰

Whelpā€¦called my dealer today to see what the update wasā€¦. Fucker told me they still werenā€™t authorized to order and replace the partsā€¦. So I had to correct him and sent him a direct link proving replacement has been authorized. Youā€™d think being a large scale dealer just 30 miles from MAP would have accurate informationā€¦.
Sponsored