First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Some friends of mine had ordered one of the electric BMW vehicles it was like the 4 one they had leased. Well on it's way to the states a recall notice came through something with brakes. Well when that happens they can't even release cars from the port. And the dealer didn't know what to do after the car sat in a NYC harbor for a month. So he canceled the order ordered a new one and they had it 3 weeks later. I had a stop sale on my Polaris slingshot when I went to get it something with the break sensor. The bad part about that was I bought it far away and had to get a ride. The stop sale order showed up the morning I was going to get it. So when I got there gave them the check signed all the paper work and had to go back home and wait a week till they fixed it. Them had to arrange a different ride back out there to pick it up. Recalls are always a pain in the ass.
Sponsored

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Some friends of mine had ordered one of the electric BMW vehicles it was like the 4 one they had leased. Well on it's way to the states a recall notice came through something with brakes. Well when that happens they can't even release cars from the port. And the dealer didn't know what to do after the car sat in a NYC harbor for a month. So he canceled the order ordered a new one and they had it 3 weeks later. I had a stop sale on my Polaris slingshot when I went to get it something with the break sensor. The bad part about that was I bought it far away and had to get a ride. The stop sale order showed up the morning I was going to get it. So when I got there gave them the check signed all the paper work and had to go back home and wait a week till they fixed it. Them had to arrange a different ride back out there to pick it up. Recalls are always a pain in the ass.
Great thanks for theā€¦?

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update....Just happened to check the Ford app and noticed I now show 0 recalls. Hoping this means they actually got an airbag and fixed it, but wanted to wait to tell me to make sure there were no issues. I guess I'll find out today. I hope this means that they have finally stocked enough airbags for everyone!
Just check my Ford pass app and my recall is gone also! I donā€™t wanna get my hopes up, but there may be light at the end of this ridiculously long tunnel! šŸ¤ž

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to rain on anyoneā€™s parade,.. because anything can happen, but my recall was gone in the app weeks ago,..
dealer got word of the part just last week. Ordered the part. Still waiting. It seems he has not heard of any stock issues (which doesnā€™t mean there arenā€™t any stock issues šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø). Just spoke to them an hour ago. šŸ˜¢

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now Iā€™m starting to get angry againā€¦
This will be my 2nd sweep of the full 7 steps of grievingā€¦ šŸ˜”

Farrell22

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I messaged my dealer today when I saw that my bronco was no longer flagged for the airbag recall on ford.com. Without the part ever coming in, the recall just disappeared and they let me take it home. Itā€™s finally over šŸ„²

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I messaged my dealer today when I saw that my bronco was no longer flagged for the airbag recall on ford.com. Without the part ever coming in, the recall just disappeared and they let me take it home. Itā€™s finally over šŸ„²
Wait, so your dealer didnā€™t install the new airbag, but you got to take it home? As in Ford cancelled the recall? I just got the call today that I can pick my bronco up, I didnā€™t ask if they installed a new airbag or not tho. I definitely will tomorrow when I pick it up

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make a note here after you find out. šŸ‘
Just emailed my dealer about this.

Wait, so your dealer didnā€™t install the new airbag, but you got to take it home? As in Ford cancelled the recall? I just got the call today that I can pick my bronco up, I didnā€™t ask if they installed a new airbag or not tho. I definitely will tomorrow when I pick it up

Farrell22

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes correct, I contacted them to let them know and they looked into further. If it wasnā€™t for me doing my own research I prob wouldnā€™t have gotten it for weeks.

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer got back to me. They said my vin still has a recall. So I looked online on the ford public site, and it changed to say I still have a recall. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜¢

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer got back to me. They said my vin still has a recall. So I looked online on the ford public site, and it changed to say I still have a recall. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ˜¢
Hopefully your airbag arrives soon! I talked to my dealer and they said thereā€™s no way ford wouldā€™ve removed the recall without replacing the airbag, so idk how @Farrell22 got his without a new airbag. Unless they either 1. misidentified his saying it was faulty when it was actually down, or 2. it was simple miscommunication.

Farrell22

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully your airbag arrives soon! I talked to my dealer and they said thereā€™s no way ford wouldā€™ve removed the recall without replacing the airbag, so idk how @Farrell22 got his without a new airbag. Unless they either 1. misidentified his saying it was faulty when it was actually down, or 2. it was simple miscommunication.
This is the dialogue between my dealer and I

544FFA6B-9CE2-46B7-8022-84A5842CD08A.png

7spdbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' MT Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the dialogue between my dealer and I

544FFA6B-9CE2-46B7-8022-84A5842CD08A.png
Interesting! Thatā€™s so strange, but hell, if you were able to buy it no point in questioning it šŸ˜‚ I gotta say, itā€™s bittersweet finally being able to park mine in a garage after itā€™s spent the last 5 1/2 months parked outside lol
Sponsored