Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok Ford, please don't screw us on the painted hard top price.
Sponsored

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a hunch D. Hill will be getting paged all day over the plant speaker system advising him of yet another phone call. BTW, what did the tape over the letters FORD supposedly accomplish? LOL
You beat me to it! In 5 mins of scrolling through this thread, i've satisfied myself with multiple items of interest, namely: how can i call Mr/Mrs Hill of product testing and do i want squared fenders.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Both the 4-dr and 2-dr pictured show no 360 cameras with only the MID packaged equipped side mirrors. I referenced the photos that I've been privy to from 1/21 before camo had been applied and that version had the 360 cameras and spotlight mirrors. Not sure what to make of it. These spied HE(s) might just be a spare parts bin Bronco or this is an indication that the HE won't be a top trim with everything but the kitchen sink like the FE was and that it will have the MID, HIGH, LUX as package options.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Several reasons why-

Biggest is cost-The 2.7L with a manual transmission would need to be certified with the EPA for emissions and fuel economy. Its hard to justify something like that with a small take rate that it would most likely have.

If they could share it with another product it could make more sense (like what Ford did years ago with the Mustang Mach 1 and the Mercury Maunder sharing the same 4.6L DOHC V8), but I don't see that happening.

Other impact is that it could affect CAFE ratings also.

Adding another engine to say the Raptor is justified because it has such a large margin on it and IIRC its shared with the Lincoln Aviator, but I think that might only have a PHEV option on it?!

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think I will want this if only for the squared fenders and removable windows - if the roof comes in black I will paint it wimbledon white. and sell off the tires for some slot mags in chrome. and paint the grill silver and stick on some true old Ford Letters (assuming Delfab does not produce theirs) as I am aiming for the retro mid 70s aftermarket look!

Sponsored

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I will want this if only for the squared fenders and removable windows - if the roof comes in black I will paint it wimbledon white. and sell off the tires for some slot mags in chrome. and paint the grill silver and stick on some true old Ford Letters (assuming Delfab does not produce theirs) as I am aiming for the retro mid 70s aftermarket look!
As much as I agree with these mods, needing to do a bunch of custom work in order to get a TRUE Heritage look defeats the purpose of this model entirely. Even though I already have a Bronco, if the Heritage was a real throwback I would have considered selling and grabbing one but based on what I see here, I'm sticking with my BL SAS MT and add some retro detail on my own.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

they wont work on my non sas and will poke out

I also dont want a fugly as hell 52 in the hub
Two things: #1 I have these on a non-satch with an aftermarket 2" lift and they look great. #2 The caps are removable. They are not required.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Both the 4-dr and 2-dr pictured show no 360 cameras with only the MID packaged equipped side mirrors. I referenced the photos that I've been privy to from 1/21 before camo had been applied and that version had the 360 cameras and spotlight mirrors. Not sure what to make of it. These spied HE(s) might just be a spare parts bin Bronco or this is an indication that the HE won't be a top trim with everything but the kitchen sink like the FE was and that it will have the MID, HIGH, LUX as package options.
I'm good with it not being the top tier out the gate and instead letting us decide the package. I too noticed the non high package mirrors along with the non signature lights so If they're basing this more in-line as a Black Diamond with an HE appearance package then I'm sold. Only real wishes I have are manual with the mid package, maybe even the mid plus from the Everglades and of course a white top.

Sponsored

Deleted member 32220

I have a hunch D. Hill will be getting paged all day over the plant speaker system advising him of yet another phone call. BTW, what did the tape over the letters FORD supposedly accomplish? LOL
So you can’t see if the letters are red, white, or black. So basically nothing.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here is my take on this:

1.) This Heritage Edition is only shown in the black top because they are trying to hide/camo it and had one laying around from the early prototypes. The actual Heritage Edition will come in the white painted Mod top.
2.) The painted Mod top will only be available in the Heritage Edition for MY '23. Not available on other models. And technically then Ford didn't lie about the Mod top.......it will be available in '23 just like they said. They never said to what extent/models it would be available on.
3.) Squared fenders only available on Heritage Edition & Everglades. Doubt it will be rolled out on all models in '23.

Just my two cents. I have zero proof for any of this.

Deleted member 32220

You beat me to it! In 5 mins of scrolling through this thread, i've satisfied myself with multiple items of interest, namely: how can i call Mr/Mrs Hill of product testing and do i want squared fenders.
5 minutes and you have satisfied yourself multiple times. Someone is definitely getting a heritage🤣