Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wrong thread/conversation?
Nah, just some good ole fashioned Ford v. Ferrari. Maybe we can get Lego to make a 1/8th scale Heritage Bronco?

...two-door of course as the four-door has no heritage prior to 2021.
Sponsored

Wild Horses 4x4

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildhorses4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With development of the Bronco Raptor and Bronco Everglades now in the rearview, Ford has now turned its attention toward the Bronco Heritage Edition, as evidenced by two new prototypes we spied on the streets of Dearborn.

It was about 18 months ago when what appeared to be an early Heritage Edition prototype was spotted under heavy camouflage, but after that singular sighting, any signs of the program had gone completely AWOL. Well, it’s back, and we’ve spotted the retro-themed Bronco Heritage Edition prototypes in both four-door, and two-door body styles.

The camouflage wrap and flat black paint likely to hide some of the key Bronco Heritage cues, but some important details have shown through, despite Ford’s best efforts. Let’s start right up front, with the grille.

FORD-Badged Grille, But Not In A Raptor Kinda Way
We can finally confirm that this Bronco Heritage will ditch the BRONCO grille lettering in favor of a retro-themed FORD treatment—like the original ’66 Bronco. The overall look of the Heritage Edition will keep things simple, with what looks to be a version of the grille from the Base, or Black Diamond trims.

The prototype also shows a new tail-light design, different from the full LED-equipped Broncos, but also different from the Base tail-light design.

Sasquatch and HOSS-Equipped
The prototype is wearing the tires from the 35-inch Sasquatch package, and the orange Bilstein long-travel position-sensitive dampers appear to be visible at the corners.

Some Retro Blue Paint (Robins Egg Blue) Peeks Through
Ford almost completely covered this Bronco prototype in graphic wrap, but the key word is ALMOST. We zoomed in on the gas door and we can see what appears to be Robins Egg Blue, last previewed in these recent photos of the Bronco Heritage Edition.

Likely White Details
The gloss black grille on this prototype may be the real deal, but it may very well be painted white (or at least as an option) when production rolls around. We saw a white grille with RED grille lettering peeking through the heavy camo on the initial prototype photographed in early February 2021. The wheels also show signs of white peeking through the flat black paint, suggesting that the simple four-slot wheels will be finished in white, just like the ’66 Bronco. We have included these details for comparison. Whether Ford can finally get its roof situation in order, maybe even a white roof system will be available to fully capture the 1966 Bronco’s look.

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-1.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-2.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-3.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-4.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-5.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-6.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-7.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-8.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-9.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-10.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-11.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-12.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-13.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-14.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-15.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-16.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-17.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-18.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-19.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-20.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-21.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-22.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-23.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-24.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-25.jpg

2023-bronco-heritage-edition-prototypes-26.jpg
Very interesting

mpmcgaughey

Wildtrak
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't wait for the new LET'S STOP MILKING THE SAME BODY BY ADDING A FEW ACCESSORIES AND CALLING IT A NEW EDITION AND GET ON BUILDING TRUCKS THAT CUSTOMERS RESERVED ON DAY ONE AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER TWO YEARS THEN MAYBE BUILD AN ENGINE THAT LASTS OVER 7K MILES, A FUEL PUMP THAT CAN TAKE OVER 20 DEGREES OF ANGLE AND TIE RODS THAT DON'T SNAP LIKE A TWIG AT THE SIGHT OF A ROCK edition...

Would definitively be in for one of those!

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man, that Heritage 4 Door just takes me back in time.​
It's like it's 2021 all over again and I'm seeing the Bronco 4 Door for the first time​

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I'm going to stick with my Base until the Bronco Wagon Queen Family Truckster Edition shows up. Definitely want the 4 Door for the kids and Aunt Edna.

Ford Bronco Bronco Heritage Edition Spied Wearing MOD Top, Squared Flares, Retro Grille, Robins Egg Blue! this-2021-ford-bronc-2-2_400x266

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Broncitis

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66,67, (3)76, (2)77 Broncos, 00 7.3 CC F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
With nearly 100 cool retro colors, you'd think Ford could actually pick one of the original colors offered on the Early Bronco. There was never a color called Robins egg blue used on them.

Here's a list of all the original colors that I've complied over the years of researching and restoring the Early Broncos.

Several of us who have worked with FoMoCo leading up to the launch of the new Bronco have discussed retro colors multiple times with the design and marketing team, and I even had a discussion at Woodward last summer with the woman in charge of paint colors and interiors.

I actually took a comprehensive survey of the two dozen of us who were invited up there right after we met to compile a weighted list of the top 10 retro colors that we, dieHard Bronco enthusiasts, thought would get the best reactions and interest from other current and new Bronco enthusiasts and sent those results back to the marketing and design teams.

It seems as if the feedback from lifelong Bronco enthusiasts who have been active in the community for decades (including the two dozen of us who they invited up to Dearborn a few years ago to preview these and the design center) is usually ignored. 🤷🏻‍♂️

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's incorrect. Look again.
It took me a while to notice it, I almost thought it was just weird reflections. It looks like the Heritage grille is basically using the same style as the Wildtrak grille with different vent patterns, where it's rounder/more angular, and the lights are inset instead of flush against the surface of the grille like they are on the Base grille.

bronco grilles.png

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were never ANY 4D Broncos (from Ford) before 2021MY. So a "True Heritage" can Only be a 2D.

With the logic that Ford is using.... then.... if they can build a 4D Heritage, they can build a 2D (using the 4D frame) Raptor!

Just saying........

Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

With nearly 100 cool retro colors, you'd think Ford could actually pick one of the original colors offered on the Early Bronco. There was never a color called Robins egg blue used on them.

Here's a list of all the original colors that I've complied over the years of researching and restoring the Early Broncos.

Several of us who have worked with FoMoCo leading up to the launch of the new Bronco have discussed retro colors multiple times with the design and marketing team, and I even had a discussion at Woodward last summer with the woman in charge of paint colors and interiors.

I actually took a comprehensive survey of the two dozen of us who were invited up there right after we met to compile a weighted list of the top 10 retro colors that we, dieHard Bronco enthusiasts, thought would get the best reactions and interest from other current and new Bronco enthusiasts and sent those results back to the marketing and design teams.

It seems as if the feedback from lifelong Bronco enthusiasts who have been active in the community for decades (including the two dozen of us who they invited up to Dearborn a few years ago to preview these and the design center) is usually ignored. 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is cool information to have and right off the bat I know that at some point i will be repainting a grill in argent silver so thanks for that. I am curious what the final "top 10 retro colors" were that you shared with Ford if you are willing to share it here. I would have thought Mallard green would have been in it, but if you are telling me Ford ignored your suggestions than maybe not? Anyway, always interested in hearing people's top 10 especially die hards.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Heritage Edition or did Wildtrak and Everglades have a baby? :LOL:

Ford Bronco Bronco Heritage Edition Spied Wearing MOD Top, Squared Flares, Retro Grille, Robins Egg Blue! 2023-Ford-Bronco-Prototype-Spy-Shots-Heritage-Edition-Hot-Pepper-July-2022-Exterior-001-1024x683
Sponsored