Sponsored

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Big Bend 7MT (on the way)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Ford Bronco Bronco hit by red light runner 5 days after buying it! 🚨😫 Bronco Accident Pic 1

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
Sponsored

Kfonte

Base
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn that sucks. So sorry. If it’s totaled, which by what you’ve written it may very well be, good luck having their insurance pay anything over msrp. I guess you could take them to court though, but I highly doubt that’ll yield the result you want, the courts usually never do. It’s one of those horrible tragedies that happen sometimes. The glimmer of hope is that there’s people on here that say their city’s dealers have tons on the lots at msrp, so you may be able to grab one of those. I’m so sorry, this is awful. Good luck with everything.

Last edited:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneakers
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you have a picture of the Chevy Traverse?

Sponsored
OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Big Bend 7MT (on the way)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Do you have a picture of the Chevy Traverse?
No - I didn't think to get any at the time. The front end on it was smashed and it had damage across the driver side due to sliding across my front end.

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry this happened. Some ass-hat about a month ago ran a red light and almost nailed me. If he did, I would have verbally abused that shithead until the cops showed up. Perfectly unavoidable crashes.

Grift3r

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Ford Bronco Bronco hit by red light runner 5 days after buying it! 🚨😫 Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1)

Ford Bronco Bronco hit by red light runner 5 days after buying it! 🚨😫 Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1)
Is this the new high airflow hood?

stln8iv

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dear USSHELENA725,
Any dealer won't let you take delivery of a vehicle, new or used, without Insurance coverage. Right now, it's the least of your worries. Since the police are already involved, They'll probably going to issue him a summons for speed, running a traffic light and damaging your vehicle. Your first order of business is to find out if this guy has insurance. You still need to contact your insurance company and let them carry the ball from here. Get a copy of the police report, copy it and send it to your insurance co. IMPORTANT: take numerous pictures of your vehicle. Lots of pictures, from every conceivable angle. Do Not accept an insurance offer of compensation. Get a lawyer and fill him in with as much info (including the police report) as you have. Anyone approaching you about the accident, refer them to your lawyer.
I really feel bad for you. You just get this new Bronco, and some clown, going nowhere smashed your car. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. Keep a cool head and stick to your guns. Don't take any settlement unless your lawyer OK's it.
Good luck, I'll remember you in my prayers.
I forgot to mention, KEEP YOUR COOL, nothing makes a bad situation worse than a lot of foul language. Let the other guy cuss and scream all he wants. If you keep calm and stick to the problem at hand, you'll be ahead in the long run. If you show constraint, he might also calm down and talk more civilly, and the situation will be clearer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Cmptn845

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 pilot, 16 frontier, 10 maxima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I hate to say it. But lawyer up. And fight for what it cost to replace + fees for lawyer.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that's just sad! Sorry you have to deal with this mess.

I guess at least it's not a hit and run so you have someone to go after. If they gave him a ticket all the better.

TSB0491

Heritage
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Since you were clearly not at fault, I would think the other guys insurance would be the one you would settle with. You should be able to come out whole but ---

"We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts."

it never helps your negotiating position to make to make statements like this. Keep all of your options open.
Sponsored