Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco 16 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lawyer up. And do it now. Fight for everything youā€™re entitled to.
I second the motionā€¦ Got rear ended by a crack head with no insurance.. his step daddy was a sheriff (on the scene no less) gave his number as contact. Created a nightmare and yes, it cost me $
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not a lawyer - but have been in a couple of lawsuits similar to this. From the pics - I agree with others, it will be totaled. Whatā€™s that mean for money? Theyā€™ll Kelly Blue Book it (or similar). Which could be good/bad news for you because the value for your rig will probably be more than you paid for itā€¦.but less than a new one. And, of course, nobody can do anything about the long wait.

You can lawyer up and try for more - but personallyā€¦Iā€™d wait and hear what the insurance has to say. They may make you an acceptable offer. If so - youā€™ll save a lot of time and money and ulcers by taking it..

But if the offer doesnā€™t come (or doesnā€™t agree with you) then yeahā€¦youā€™re stuck lawyering up and waiting 7 years for it to drag through the system (Google ā€œrule of 7ā€ to see why I say it will take 7 years - it almost always takes 7 years)

But my prediction is youā€™ll get an offer relatively quick that is acceptable. It wonā€™t ā€make you wholeā€ā€¦..but letā€™s face itā€¦.thereā€™s no way to be made whole after waiting 2 years for a vehicle only to have it taken from you 5 days later.

Thatā€™s a pain nobody can put a value on

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Bronco Accident Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
My brother in-law who has been and adjuster for 20+ yrs told me that insurance companies are required to pay market value. You should be ok if true.

RobBob22

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250 SuperDuty
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm so sorry this happened, that is some significant damage. Upper frame skirt and just about every body panel up front, but no airbags and the bumper "looks straight", if the frame itself is somehow straight this may not get totaled. I do agree, it will likely be totaled.

Terrible headaches, canā€™t sleep. Snuck up on you the next day. Canā€™t work, canā€™t sleep, you should let his insurance company know how bad you are hurting.
TBH if you have any pain at all, and even if you don't you should probably see a doctor. My wife got in a reasonably minor accident and hurt her neck slightly. At the time I thought it wasn't worth going to the doctor but what I know now, you should. She dealt with neck pain for a while, and having her deal with that vs. having it handled by someone else when it was there fault should have been a no brainer.

Whatever happens DONā€™T file the claim through your insurance especially if it was his fault. I
This is the motto I generally go with, but with the caveat that if the other drivers insurance is giving you any issues - like at all, you feel like you are not getting compensated well enough you should talk to your insurance. In your case, it's cut and dry what happened, and you have a police report, your insurance rates should not be impacted from this. The other reason for your insurance is if you have a "replace with new" policy. TBH, anyone will be hard pressed to find a 2 door like yours with 100 miles. So no matter what, if replaced, you're getting new.

Shop around for prices on prices of replacement Broncos of similar miles and value and delivered to you. Since this bronco is brand new, you should look brand new. If your bronco is repaired 1) Claim diminished value of which you are owed a ton, and remember you can legally have the right to have your vehicle repaired at the location of your choice. A well rated Ford certified repair center would be my only choice.

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There are questions, what state?, What is your insurance company? What is his insurance company, what does the police report say? The approach changes depending on those answers.

70 on a surface street is a felony, no?

No fault states screw the victim every time. If you're in one of them hire a real asshole bulldog lawyer and get remedy in civil action.

Was he impaired? Was he on his phone. Have the police get a warrant and view his phone records. Aggravating factors work in your favor.

Most fault states require the at fault party to pay current replacement value.

Don't go for a ridiculous amount of money, that's unethical and harms the rest of us. Outside of that, do what you need to, to be made whole.

AM1217

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Bronco Accident Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
If the motor is not damaged the front core can be replaced. Get a good steel aftermarket Bumper. Fiberglass front fenders and hood. new radiator and misc stuff. The front end looks straight. Just a possibility

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

May not need to lawyer up. I would wait for the valuation from the insurance company, at least that is what my lawyer told me to do. I had 500ish miles on mine when I was rear ended. Insurance offered $20k over msrp without me saying a word. Go to your dealer, see what is out there as far as replacements go and for what $$. You may not need $20k over. Could be replacements out there for less. >shrugs<.

Tonsterboy

Badlands
First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everyone is like get a lawyer, letā€™s say your bronco cost $50kmsrp and the insurance company offers you $50k. A lawyer *might* get you $75k but he will take 33%++++ of it leaving you with with under 50k.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Theyā€™ll total it, no question. Even if it would be worth the cost for them to repair it, theyā€™d have to give you a rental for the duration that itā€™s in the shop. It would probably take 2 months to repair it because the parts are so hard to come by. Factor in the cost of the rental, and theyā€™ll just cut you a check.

I would imagine youā€™ll get more than msrp for it. I believe they determine the value of used cars mostly off of what they go for at auction among other factors. Between looking at what theyā€™re going for at dealers and at auction right now, the market value is going to be over msrp.

I wouldnā€™t bother getting a lawyer unless they try to screw you over. I doubt they will. In an accident like that, theyā€™ll be happy to cut a generous check for property damage since thereā€™s no medical bills involved or long drawn out pain and suffering lawsuits.

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Damn!!! I feel your pain...

Hate to see this happen to anyone but, to have a 2dr go down is sad. šŸ˜¢

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Badass

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I Ditto what Figmo said. Mine took 8.5 yrs and the fool tried to turn the tables on me for $250k with his speeding and a 18" crease on my door. Very minor. Attorneys usually go for 50% of the settlement. He got nothing, I fixed the car 8 years ago and just got the pocket change.
I'd go to the Doctor and find a really good masseuse just so theirs a record Plus, 10 yrs from now it will come back to remind you.

Jruta

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A51 Bronco 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Base
So sorry! No shortage of A-holes on the road šŸ‘æ

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uggg, that is friggin horrrrrribleeee!!!

I'd like to share this bit of information about insurance because apparently I drove my Bronco off the lot, then drove on a 2000 mile road trip before learning I had no insurance!!!

A year ago I bought a used truck as I continued to wait for my Bronco. The dealer transfered my insurance over and I didnt have to deal with anything. When my Bronco finally arrived I went throught the purchase process, with my trade I financed like 20k... I asked about insurance and was told it would be taken care of. Well holy crap, after my trip down the coast I get a call from my insurance broker, he says hey man can you solve a mystery for me, one of my clients just bought a used truck and it has your VIN number! Any idea why?? Im like yeah, I traded it in! Did you change insurance he asked? Heck no, yall have been wonderful to me why would I do that?? Well shit dude, you dont have insurance on your Bronco! WHAT???? Yeah, dealer didnt do the work.

While this story is tragic, make sure its not worse and double check with your agent. Stupid on my part I know. Lesson learned!!

mark1031

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1966 VW Bus, 1999 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Damn!!! I feel your pain...

Hate to see this happen to anyone but, to have a 2dr go down is sad. šŸ˜¢

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Badass
Glad you said it. That was my instant thought, f&@$kkkkk a 2 door! Not many of them out there.
You know what I love so much about my 2DR is that little bit at the end of the door that raises up on a 45'. Feels so natural to use that to close the door. I just noticed yesterday the 4DR has that for the rear seat. Love that little fairing or whatever you'd call it.

2021-Ford-Bronco-Badlands-3-2048x1229.jpg
Sponsored