First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would say it’s totaled, but you really look like your back and neck hurt really bad!!! Terrible headaches, can’t sleep. Snuck up on you the next day. Can’t work, can’t sleep, you should let his insurance company know how bad you are hurting.
He didn't even notice that he was walking with a limp, must have been all that adrenaline.
Sponsored

OP
OP

usshelena725

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr Big Bend 7MT (on the way)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
May not need to lawyer up. I would wait for the valuation from the insurance company, at least that is what my lawyer told me to do. I had 500ish miles on mine when I was rear ended. Insurance offered $20k over msrp without me saying a word. Go to your dealer, see what is out there as far as replacements go and for what $$. You may not need $20k over. Could be replacements out there for less. >shrugs<.
agreed. They seem to be available around my area for $12-15k over.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Uggg, that is friggin horrrrrribleeee!!!

I'd like to share this bit of information about insurance because apparently I drove my Bronco off the lot, then drove on a 2000 mile road trip before learning I had no insurance!!!

A year ago I bought a used truck as I continued to wait for my Bronco. The dealer transfered my insurance over and I didnt have to deal with anything. When my Bronco finally arrived I went throught the purchase process, with my trade I financed like 20k... I asked about insurance and was told it would be taken care of. Well holy crap, after my trip down the coast I get a call from my insurance broker, he says hey man can you solve a mystery for me, one of my clients just bought a used truck and it has your VIN number! Any idea why?? Im like yeah, I traded it in! Did you change insurance he asked? Heck no, yall have been wonderful to me why would I do that?? Well shit dude, you dont have insurance on your Bronco! WHAT???? Yeah, dealer didnt do the work.

While this story is tragic, make sure its not worse and double check with your agent. Stupid on my part I know. Lesson learned!!

Ya, I had essentially the same thing happen with a Miata, the wife never added it to the insurance, rolled it. You absolutely can end up in this situation, unfortunately.

Walk away from the 30k vehicle with 15k in damage or repair the 15k in damage?

I repaired it, but the frame was not bent.

Edsasso

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for your loss. Looks like you took a big hit and it looks like all fords hard work in the safety arena paid off.

Osky305

Wildtrak
First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Bronco Accident Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
The insurance company will give you equivalent to value of car. So if the car is worth $50k they will give you something equivalent. They will try to low ball you so take them to "court" but odds are it won't be it to court. Insurance companies will negotiate with your lawyer. So do it anyway. Meanwhile , you can look into buying another one off the lot or right now go to Ford bronco website and customize another one. Sorry to hear brother. I barely had my bronco for 4 months and crusty jealous small peen jeep owner shot at the hood. The side close to the driver's shot so he missed me by a mile. Already got it patched up and looks like nothing ever happened. Sorry for your loss. Just know she's in a better place now running free with all the other broncos of the past. No longer in pain or suffering. No longer limited by gasoline. No longer afraid of being taken away by the boogeyman aka OJ . She's running free 🥹

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever happens DON’T file the claim through your insurance especially if it was his fault. I’m sure the police report will reflect that he ran a red light so call his insurance and file the claim through them. That ensures his insurance covers everything from the jump, especially if for whatever reason they don’t total it. In the chance they don’t total it and it has to be repaired 99% of the time you pay your deductible out of pocket and your insurance goes after his for reimbursement and has to fight them. If you go through his then his insurance pays everything and you can still take it wherever you want. Obviously you can let your insurance know about it, but tell them you’re gonna file the claim through his and if the company is any good they will encourage you to do so. Good luck and hope it works out for you.
What do you do when
1) the other insurance policy limits aren’t high enough?
2) the other insurance carrier drags its feet?

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I feel this pain. My Wildtrak was 4days old when rear ended by a drunk driver. Took 6 months to get it repaired. Sickening. Now fighting to get some kind of diminished value out of insurance.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everyone is like get a lawyer, let’s say your bronco cost $50kmsrp and the insurance company offers you $50k. A lawyer *might* get you $75k but he will take 33%++++ of it leaving you with with under 50k.
In Louisiana no lawyer will take in the property damage side they can’t take a percentage of that. Only injury

no lawyer would touch my 1942 dodge that I resto modded and insurance offered $400.00
Yes four hundred

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Title says it all. Had 182 miles on her. Light turned green and I saw the other guy coming at a high rate of speed (police estimated over 70mph based on how far his car traveled afterwards), I was going about 15mph or so, tried to stop in time and didn't make it. He slammed into the front passenger side of our Bronco. Radiator pushed into the dash, engine and transmission pushed into the ground. Surprisingly, none of the airbags went off - all of the other guys' car did (he was driving a newer Chevy Traverse). We are all okay, other than some minor bumps and cuts.

So what happens next? I was still on a temp tag, don't even have the title yet. No loan on the vehicle. Travelers Insurance.

Will they try and repair it? I don't want them to, not sure if I get a say in the matter.

If it is totaled - how do I get made whole? I mean, I paid MSRP - but waited 2yrs to get her. Do they give me the $$$ to buy one off a lot over sticker? Do they give me 'actual cash value', which is obviously more than MSRP. Do they only give me what I paid and I wait another 2 years? No idea how this all works.

Anyone have any insight on what the chances are this thing is totaled? So bummed out, man.

Bronco Accident Pic 1.jpg

Bronco Accident Pic 2 (1).jpg
I died inside, just a little bit, for you.... Sorry to hear this happened. I hope all works out well in the end for you.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

no lawyer would touch my 1942 dodge that I resto modded and insurance offered $400.00
Yes four hundred
For stuff like that, you should get a Hagerty agreed value policy, you tell the insurance company what you want to insure it for, and they reimburse you if it's totalled, then they go after the other guys insurance company to get their money.

You do need to justify what the value you come up with is, but Hagerty is pretty easy going about that, and the rate is actually pretty cheap.

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For stuff like that, you should get a Hagerty agreed value policy, you tell the insurance company what you want to insure it for, and they reimburse you if it's totalled, then they go after the other guys insurance company to get their money.

You do need to justify what the value you come up with is, but Hagerty is pretty easy going about that, and the rate is actually pretty cheap.
Lesson learned
Hagarty won’t insure a 4x4 if you ever put it in 4x4

I mistakenly was bound by usaa for full coverage and that’s the only thing that saved me

I got 10,000 on a vehicle I had 10 times as much in

Ford Bronco Bronco hit by red light runner 5 days after buying it! 🚨😫 24D12E4B-ACCD-43D5-B062-F5816D7D8557

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Bronco Bronco hit by red light runner 5 days after buying it! 🚨😫 24D12E4B-ACCD-43D5-B062-F5816D7D8557

Wow. I just got my SAS WT (Cactus Grey) and that made me cringe. To answer your question about insurance coverage is if the other person does not have enough coverage to replace the vehical you can go back (with a lawyer) to your insurance company to make up the difference under your "uninsured driver" (In this case an under insured driver). Always carry uninsured motorist on your policy. Too many under insured on the road. Also how does your neck feel ? Just kidding. No I'm not. Ok I'm kidding.......maybe.....

MikeWz

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Woof, sorry to hear!! Glad all are safe at least, and hopefully the other driver has their fair share of repercussions from it. Crazy to hear all these stories of broncos getting banged up so quickly after waiting so long. I can't even imagine how I would handle that

gracebal

Wildtrak
First Name
Grace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco with Sasquatch Package
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to see this and hear about it. Definitely sucks but hope you're okay! Everything is replaceable but hoping you and anybody that was with you is okay. Hoping for the best in your search for your next Bronco, and hoping you get exactly what you want!

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am so glad you are all ok. That was a BAD accident and you are so blessed to be ok. The Bronco can be replaced....you and yours can not. Anyways get a good lawyer and know God was obviously not done with you yet!
Sponsored