Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We just finished up our HOSS 3.0 specific rear shock skid kit. We have a batch out of production now and out at powder coat. These were designed to specifically clear the larger HOSS Fox shock and reservoir. Cheap insurance for sure. Hit me up if you want to get some of the first production run.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...d-kit-for-hoss-3-0-shock-by-foutz-motorsports
Just wanted to chime in that I have your non-HOSS rear shock skids and, IMHO, they are the best skids in terms of robustness, coverage, materials used and design.

Where others have the vertical plates take the load against the weld, you have a stout plate take all the abuse without angled or formed side plates wanting to slide off of obstacles.

The down side is that in a few hundred years they will have rusted through. Hopefully the rest of the Bronco lasts that long!

Ford Bronco Bronco HOSS 3.0 specific shock skids by Foutz Motorsports 20230215_120132

Ford Bronco Bronco HOSS 3.0 specific shock skids by Foutz Motorsports 20230215_115422

Note for anyone on the fence:

I was able to install these by myself about 3 weeks prior to spinal disc replacement surgery. As long as you're using an adequately robust impact gun, you can remove/reinstall the shock mounting bolt no problem.

• The impact gun I used is a Milwaukee 1/2" drive mid-torque M18 fuel with 5.0 MaH battery (2962-20) for reference. Had no problems with the bolt.

Last edited:

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

We just finished up our HOSS 3.0 specific rear shock skid kit. We have a batch out of production now and out at powder coat. These were designed to specifically clear the larger HOSS Fox shock and reservoir. Cheap insurance for sure. Hit me up if you want to get some of the first production run.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...d-kit-for-hoss-3-0-shock-by-foutz-motorsports
@GregFoutz I am installing the fox 3in race series coilovers. Which shock skid would you reccommend, standard or the HOSS 3.0 version? Can I stop by the shopt to purchase these to avoid lead time in shipping?

OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco, 21 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@GregFoutz I am installing the fox 3in race series coilovers. Which shock skid would you reccommend, standard or the HOSS 3.0 version? Can I stop by the shopt to purchase these to avoid lead time in shipping?
Either one should work with the Fox aftermarket shock. Both have room for the reservoir toward the bottom and the upgraded Fox shock is a remote resi so it doesnt take up that space on the lower side. The HOSS guard is a little bigger and the safe bet to make sure you have clearance for the lower coil spring retainer. I have never test fit that combo at our shop so I would love to hear how it looks when you get it on.

Sponsored

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should these work with other aftermarket coilovers? King, Icon etc? These 3.0 give more space under the bottom of the shock compared to the standard Shock skids correct? Thanks for all your help… Love all your products 😎🇺🇸

OP
OP
GregFoutz

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco, 21 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Should these work with other aftermarket coilovers? King, Icon etc? These 3.0 give more space under the bottom of the shock compared to the standard Shock skids correct? Thanks for all your help… Love all your products 😎🇺🇸
I would think so. here are a few screen shots to help That is the HOSS version which is bigger and allows more room toward the front.

Ford Bronco Bronco HOSS 3.0 specific shock skids by Foutz Motorsports 1699632529843

From the bottom of the shock mount to the top of the bottom guard plate there is over 5/8" room so I think they should all fit with no problem.
Ford Bronco Bronco HOSS 3.0 specific shock skids by Foutz Motorsports 1699632741000

Does that help?

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would think so. here are a few screen shots to help That is the HOSS version which is bigger and allows more room toward the front.

Ford Bronco Bronco HOSS 3.0 specific shock skids by Foutz Motorsports 1699632741000

From the bottom of the shock mount to the top of the bottom guard plate there is over 5/8" room so I think they should all fit with no problem.

Does that help?
EXCELLENT!! Thanks for the information.. Time to switch out my Barnes and buy these 😎
Sponsored