First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been tossing around the idea of doing a Humvee themed build once I get my Base bronco. I reserved a 4 door base bronco which I plan to spec out in Carbonized Grey soft top w/ Sasquatch package. How cool would it be to throw on some Black Rhino wheels, wrap it Matte OD Green and put on a Maxlider Brothers custom bumper with the brush guard that goes up over the grille. Id love to see a photoshopped rendering of this if anybody has the ability to do it! Just dreaming here of course and fully understand I won't be seeing this bronco for a long time.
Ford Bronco Bronco "Humvee" themed build Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.04.31 PM
Ford Bronco Bronco "Humvee" themed build Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.04.53 PM
Ford Bronco Bronco "Humvee" themed build Screen Shot 2021-08-30 at 7.17.27 PM
Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Tyler388

Tyler388

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey Rick, I actually have considered getting a Humvee instead thinking it might be a fraction of the price. unfortunately with a top and doors I've been seeing them go for above 30k final bid. Also, I would prefer the reliability of a new Bronco over a surplus Humvee among many other things once considered!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been wheel shopping lately and had been gravitating to a similar wheel with that militaristic look. However, I am concerned with airflow to the brakes with these and them getting to hot in slow, down hill wheeling situations. Not to mention that many in this style are heavy. There are some Black Rhino wheels that are in the same theme with small openings that I think would be better for wheeling

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tyler388

Tyler388

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had absolutely no idea how cheap they were for civilians. That's crazy. They're ridiculously impractical but if someone owned a ranch or some yee haw shit they would be a good deal.
The starting bid is very misleading, these trucks with doors and tops have been going for over 30k lately unfortunately.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey Rick, I actually have considered getting a Humvee instead thinking it might be a fraction of the price. unfortunately with a top and doors I've been seeing them go for above 30k final bid. Also, I would prefer the reliability of a new Bronco over a surplus Humvee among many other things once considered!
I've been trying to get a half-track for a few years know. Unfortunately they always end up in the $100K range if equipped with rubber tracks.

If you keep alerts going, you can get a non-bulletproof door equipped, topped Humvee for about $15,000. Typically they still need about $10K in work, tires, repairs, but you're still at a cherry rig for the price.

Even that web-hack DeBozo had a video series many moons ago about owning a humvee in the civilian world. Didn't seem that bad of an ownership experience.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had absolutely no idea how cheap they were for civilians. That's crazy. They're ridiculously impractical but if someone owned a ranch or some yee haw shit they would be a good deal.
Maybe cleetus will sell his. It’s licensed for the road and he hasn’t made a video about it in 3 months.

OP
OP
Tyler388

Tyler388

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f250
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been trying to get a half-track for a few years know. Unfortunately they always end up in the $100K range if equipped with rubber tracks.

If you keep alerts going, you can get a non-bulletproof door equipped, topped Humvee for about $15,000. Typically they still need about $10K in work, tires, repairs, but you're still at a cherry rig for the price.

Even that web-hack DeBozo had a video series many moons ago about owning a humvee in the civilian world. Didn't seem that bad of an ownership experience.
Too much of a headache for me. This is why I came up with the Humvee themed bronco build! I still do love those humvees and would love to get one eventually when Im in a position to do so!

OP
OP
Tyler388

Tyler388

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f250
Your Bronco Model
Base

A half track would be crazy cool too!

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Too much of a headache for me. This is why I came up with the Humvee themed bronco build! I still do love those humvees and would love to get one eventually when Im in a position to do so!
They are more reasonable than you know, especially after someone else sinks all their savings into it.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-am-general-hmmwv/

And for the record, they can be had under $100K, but not by enough! Got outbid on this half track but wasn't too far from winning.... Far enough to not regret it though :)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1942-autocar-m16-half-track/

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just get an actual Humvee and save $35,000?
Heck we just left 22,000+ of them for the taking in Afghanistan along with all this 🤬
Ford Bronco Bronco "Humvee" themed build Equpiment left behine in Afganistan pg1

Ford Bronco Bronco "Humvee" themed build Equpiment left behine in Afganistan pg2