Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Greetings All!

So in light of all the not so pleasant news we've been hearing; I thought I'd go Bronco hunting today. At a minimum I was hoping to at least see one. Lucky for me I scored two test drives. (disclaimer: I like cars/trucks/SUV's: most all makes/models of cool cars, classics are still the best; which is what drew me most to bronco) And this will be my 2nd Ford, last was a 2011 F150 super crew or whatever they called the 4 door, but that was like 3 or 4 vehicles ago.

First, details of my future Bronco: Cyber Orange Badlands Non-squatch, 2 door, 2.3L, manual, Lux, MIC, optional wheels, Goodyears, roof rack, tow package.... Yeah, I know I've ordered a unicorn. And I reserved in Sept so I'm automatically a 2022 (I'm ok with that.... Kinda)

Aside from not being a 2 door or manual or MIC; my positives are that I was able to see, touch, experience just about everything my future bronco will be. Bonus: My dealer is (supposed) to get a 2 door so that will cover everything other than the manual.

Honestly, as I said I was just hoping to see one I about S$!t myself when they said we're offering test drives!!!!

Thoughts on the wild track: It's bigger than I thought it'd be (saw an big bend and OBX) so the 35's and squatch is perceived to be taller than my Tundra w/3" lift - big plus there. driving: loved looking out over the hood, felt like a little kid and like I was in a 1st gen with the lines of the hood. Adrenaline was pumping and I could barely contain myself. nothing but smiles, big smiles!!!! the Auto was fine, no real complaints, engine did what it was supposed to, stepped on the little pedal and it moved. back streets and some freeway... no issues at all jumping to 80. seats felt comfortable better than my truck - could definitely drive cross county with no issues. It had the B&O so that was a plus, it was ok, not knock your socks off... but I have plans to make a couple changes that will improve substantially. Will say (my opinion) it's 100% better that base stereo. The 12" display was nice, the touch screen is responsive and moving through options was very easy - like that very much. Adrenaline was still flowing so this is about the best I can say at the moment. Freaking Loved it!!!

First one: Wildtrack 4dr, soft top, lux 2.7 auto....
Ford Bronco Bronco Hunting - Tagged two IMG-0711

Decide to make a extra trip out of the way and continue my hunt. I saw from another member a local ish dealer had a badlands, and since I'm ordering one, I wanted to take a peek... Pulled into the lot and holy crap - all in it's glorious Cyber Orange, my color choice - a Badlands non-squatch. LOVE the MGV and yellow accents, especially with the CO exterior. As for its size on 33's, felt perfect!!! No complaints!! Base options.... so didn't have all the bells and whistles...But it did have the 2.3 which since I'll have the manual was really important to get a feel for it's responsiveness. I was pleasantly surprised!!! That beast scooted right out to speed with ZERO issues (really can't wait for my manual now!!) handling: as this was non-squatch it actually felt a little stiffer than the wildtrack - totally OK with me. This dealer is more rural so no freeway, but hills, curves, and wine country - front portion of top was folded back.... I was alone (dealer said take it, I don't have time) 30 mins out and back.... I can say for not being "motorcycle or sporty car sporty" it'll still corner. Base stereo - Meh it needs some work - I'd definitely swap all speakers... I think the head unit is good, just cheap speakers. I'll have the Lux, and may still upgrade all the speakers, happy it's essentially pre-wired for me. Again defaulting to adrenaline and giddiness - this is about the best I can recall.

Second one: Badlands 4dr, 2.3 auto, base options:
Ford Bronco Bronco Hunting - Tagged two IMG-0716

Yes, Lots of rambling, but, over all. I am more excited than ever; even with all the issues we on this forum hear about. I cannot wait and am very eager to get mine. Even if it's a year from now.

Last thoughts: This is the first vehicle I've ever ordered sight unseen and even though I knew I'd follow through, I still had a couple concerns - Any and all of said concerns are completed out the window!!! Pictures - good, seeing in person - great, driving one - HOLY FUCKING SHIT AMAZING!!!

Cheers All!!
Sponsored