Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*inserts random comment about how my state's roads are worse than anyone else's *
Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Being that test driver looks almost as fun as being a crash test dummy.

All jokes aside, another real world durability test should be the car wash.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The road section just looks like I94 in Michigan
I90 in New York too. I drove from New Orleans to Buffalo and it was smooth sailing and no tolls until I hit New York. You get to New York, they got they got their hand out for a toll, and for the priviledge of paying the toll you get to drive the equivalent of the extreme torture test.

AZRap

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 16 Mustang, 56 F100, 19 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MPG is such a cool track. I would love to take that Bronco out on the Raptor course. I feel for the Durability drivers, they have a rough job and definitely don't get enough praise for their hard work.

Sponsored

Cencal Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anybody have a guess as to what size tire those are. They look like base 30" to me. Any guesses? I really want to see more complete Broncos without the Sasquatch.

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I expected to see tougher tests. Kia/Hyundai went from last to first in quality because they built the best test facility in the world in the CA desert. Motor Trend and others use it for all there big car reviews. Kia simulated every bad road in the world on different parts of the track.

The Thai ford raptor tests looked harsher and water was much deeper.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scott. Have you ever been out to New England? In particular RI? There’s no way Cali roads are worse!

Wanna bet?...Plus how big is Rhode Island...two beers driving through the whole State ( I kid) ? California highways are shite and they go on forever...: )

It's actually sad that our roads ( all of America's are so crappy) but , We are big, that's a lot of asphalt and it keeps dudes ( dudettes) working.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only as deep as your axle (or bumpers) is high. Then you start snow plowing, then pushed on top of the snow, tires off the ground... get your shovel...

Honest question and I don't know if you know........

Is it the same in mud?

I'm pretty good in snow but don't have as much experience in mud. I like the visual of a snow plow, makes sense. I would think mud would have the same effect ..sort of... mud is wider tires to stay on top of the mud cause theres no traction deeper and then the snow plow effect takes place, snow is thinner tires to try and stay in contact with pavement till it gets too deep and then the snow plow effect?

Last edited:

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it the same in mud?

I'm pretty good in snow but don't have as much experience in mud. I like the visual of a snow plow, makes sense. I would think mud would have the same effect ..sort of... mud is wider tires to stay on top of the mud cause theres no traction deeper and then the snow plow effect takes place, snow is thinner tires to try and stay in contact with pavement till it gets too deep and then the snow plow effect?
Mud also has the suction effect going for it. Once you plow, spin and sit the belly of the vehicle down.... good luck.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it the same in mud?

Living in MN I have experience getting stuck in the snow. Mud not so much. I would venture a guess, depends on how thick and deep the mud is. Like snow, the more you plow through the more it will pack together, thus your axles start to ride on top. Thinner/watery mud, you'll tend to sink, depends on how deep it is. You are right, if you can keep your tires in contact with the pavement/hard surface you should be able to move, rock back and forth... Other things to consider is tread, tire pressure, flat/hill... That's my two cents.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did they just put camo on a Wrangler or a Land Rover? :p

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
anyone else notice the hood popping up when going over the simulated potholes? also at the end, looked like the rear wheel developed a wobble, probs a bent axle lol.