Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you look at purchasing the trailer component? Like an aluminum one? Or a trailer kit?

Screenshot 2023-04-13 130337.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-13 130350.jpg
When we started we did look into trailers either bought as a ready built trailer, or kits or even buying a hauling trailer and modifying It. But as we looked, we realized some of the kits are bolt together (didnā€™t want that) and some are not full square tube steel (which we wanted strength), aluminum was nice it cost more and we wanted a custom size. We made our frame 8.5ā€™ long (not 8ā€™) which gave us extra room in the galley and cabin so we werenā€™t squished. And, to be honest we kinda were excited to weld. The steel was $500 and welding was free at a buddies shop so it worked for us, and was fun.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the exact same white WT with the $ticker :)

If you ever end up selling, please let me know!!!!
Great choice in bronco! I was on the fence about getting the body side graphic on the bronco but when I ordered I was like, I can always remove it, but seems like the bronco needs it on the side to break up all the white space. So far, I still like the graphic. I am not one to make everything all matchy-matchy but my wife convinced my son and I to use that graphic. She felt strongly it would look great. If we had not chosen that, there would be some other graphic there to break up the white. but she was right, we really like how it turned out.

And I let you know if we do decide to sell it.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, totally understand. We went to a few rv shows and checked some out and saw some things that needed strengthening so if anything, we may have overbuilt this a bit. But we want it to last.
We have been shopping teardrops. And from our research to get a decent one your looking at about 20K average. Your trailer looks as good as any we have looked at. The only thing I would have done different, I would have spec'd the trailer tires the same size and bolt pattern as the Bronco! Awesome job!

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have been shopping teardrops. And from our research to get a decent one your looking at about 20K average. Your trailer looks as good as any we have looked at. The only thing I would have done different, I would have spec'd the trailer tires the same size and bolt pattern as the Bronco! Awesome job!
Thanks! That was part of it for us, we shopped too and were like ā€thatā€™s a lot of cash, we can build it for lessā€, and thatā€™s what we did. Agree on the bolt pattern, but something we can change relatively easily In the future.

Heres to hoping you buy one, itā€˜s fantastic and weā€™re looking for excuses to use it a lot more now.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When we started we did look into trailers either bought as a ready built trailer, or kits or even buying a hauling trailer and modifying It. But as we looked, we realized some of the kits are bolt together (didnā€™t want that) and some are not full square tube steel (which we wanted strength), aluminum was nice it cost more and we wanted a custom size. We made our frame 8.5ā€™ long (not 8ā€™) which gave us extra room in the galley and cabin so we werenā€™t squished. And, to be honest we kinda were excited to weld. The steel was $500 and welding was free at a buddies shop so it worked for us, and was fun.
What about welding together a kit - so you didnt have to deal with offcuts? I guess you needed that 6" extra...

Sponsored

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great choice in bronco! I was on the fence about getting the body side graphic on the bronco but when I ordered I was like, I can always remove it, but seems like the bronco needs it on the side to break up all the white space. So far, I still like the graphic. I am not one to make everything all matchy-matchy but my wife convinced my son and I to use that graphic. She felt strongly it would look great. If we had not chosen that, there would be some other graphic there to break up the white. but she was right, we really like how it turned out.

And I let you know if we do decide to sell it.
Love it!

My wife also pushed for the graphic too. Donā€™t regret it a bit!

Keep me posted in a few years on the trailer!

70A2D5EB-EFE1-4EC0-A668-383133AB0BE5.jpeg

92C4F809-9910-47F8-8E7F-EA0F4B234602.jpeg

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are those KM3s? How do you like them? Deciding when to change tiresā€¦
They are! I got the KM3ā€™s in 37. So far so good! They really change the look of the truck too. They arenā€™t really loud at all and really happy with them so far. Only 3k on the truck st this point. Have a few miles/trips planned for the summer so we will see. Just waiting for a good lift/level to come out for the Hoss 3.0 and will be done for a bit!

jcampbelldds

Badlands
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just WOW! Amazing, kudos to you, really wonderful job! And thanks for sharing the trip photos, those are just as awesome.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They are! I got the KM3ā€™s in 37. So far so good! They really change the look of the truck too. They arenā€™t really loud at all and really happy with them so far. Only 3k on the truck st this point. Have a few miles/trips planned for the summer so we will see. Just waiting for a good lift/level to come out for the Hoss 3.0 and will be done for a bit!
Very nice. So is there any lift/adjustment at all to fit 37s? spacers?

Sponsored

Ryan Feilner

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You guys need to get into the business of building those, I think if you wouldn't have showed build pics everyone would have assumed it was bought and not built by you and your son. It looks so damn professional very nice job.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been converting a 6x12 Cargo Trailer for the Bronco, which isn't for the faint of heart. I've done fairly well, but ran out of ability at certain stages, so I got help with welding and cabinets. Building a TD from scratch? That's the demarcation line between ability and talent. I'm very impressed. The folks over at teardrops and tiny trailers website would get a kick out of what you've accomplished. It's a great resource in both Teardrops and Cargo Conversions.