Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know there are too many variables that determine how much one pays for insurance (age, sex, marital status, location, driving record, insurance loyalty, coverage, value of insured car, etc). Just curious how much people are paying to insure their Bronco? I haven’t called or priced insurance yet, but am curious what rates people are getting.

Are you finding it is in line with other vehicles, more, or less? I imagine it is a bit more, due to the increase in opportunity for damage/injury in off road situations.
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I pay $104 a month for extremely good coverage on my 2010 wrangler, I got a quote for a brand new JL and it went up to like $140. I expect similar.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quoted at $286 for 6 months without removing a car through Progressive. $259 if I pay in full.
Not that it matters because it’ll be 2025 before I see this car in my driveway

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know there are too many variables that determine how much one pays for insurance (age, sex, marital status, location, driving record, insurance loyalty, coverage, value of insured car, etc). Just curious how much people are paying to insure their Bronco? I haven’t called or priced insurance yet, but am curious what rates people are getting.

Are you finding it is in line with other vehicles, more, or less? I imagine it is a bit more, due to the increase in opportunity for damage/injury in off road situations.
Good question. But I want to point out that "insurance loyalty" rarely helps you get a lower rate, if cost is your main consideration. People generally save by shopping their rates every year or 2. Carriers are eager to bring new customers and will offer lower rates to attract them.

If you're looking for better customer service, then the above strategy might not work out. Just depends on your needs.

jsully10

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am 26 with one speeding ticket (technically now an equipment violation), limits 100k/300k/100k, they quoted me $613 per 6 months

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just so everyones aware, when your with your insurance company for a long period of time they slowly raise your rates. Its more than you should be paying. Personally I shop for insurance yearly. My 21 silverado 2500 and 2018 Z06 are $881 combined for the year 250k/500k $1k deductible.

Nobs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 GMC Envoy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Replies here won't provide useful data unless you compare it to your replacement vehicle. Way too many variables in the insurance game to simply list your 6 month quote.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just so everyones aware, when your with your insurance company for a long period of time they slowly raise your rates. Its more than you should be paying. Personally I shop for insurance yearly. My 21 silverado 2500 and 2018 Z06 are $881 combined for the year 250k/500k $1k deductible.
Sadly that was true for State Farm who I was with for years. I finally hit my limit, and changed to Farm Bureau. The same thing started, and I'm changing to Allstate and saved a bunch. BTW, Nationwide was not on my side. :)

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am 26 with one speeding ticket (technically now an equipment violation), limits 100k/300k/100k, they quoted me $613 per 6 months
Which company quoted you that?

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Andy, I hoping my insurance for my Bronco will be nearly the same for my loaded '19 Jeep JL Sahara 4dr. I go the full boat on insurance, and the Jeep is a smidge over $1K a year. That's in North Carolina, with a clean driving record. I don't know what that would amount too in other states

BTW, my Bronco OBX will mirror my Sahara in options. And stickers approx. $600 more than my Jeep did. In NC insurance cost seem to vary between trim levels, because of replacement cost.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dunno. I have USAA and intend to keep it. I pay around $100 a month per car. :-(
yeah, as a former USAA insurance user, dude they’re prices aren’t good anymore. Still occasionally use their auto loans but I had a huge bundle of home/auto and was paying through the roof. Shop around.

PleaseDontRoll

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, as a former USAA insurance user, dude they’re prices aren’t good anymore. Still occasionally use their auto loans but I had a huge bundle of home/auto and was paying through the roof. Shop around.
+1 to this comment, just went from USAA (who I was with for 15 years) to Progressive and saved $800/year on 2 cars (2009 Nissan Altima, 2018 Subaru Crosstrek) AND $150/Year on Home Owners insurance, exact same coverage amounts/benefits. USAA is dead to me.

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 2017 Honda Ridgeline Black Edition is $91/mo., the new OuterBanks two door will be $98/mo.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Holy. Balls.

I pay just over $500 a month with USAA, my quote from Progressive was $398 for six months with similar coverage.

Holy. Hairy. Balls.
Sponsored