First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm paying $60 per 6 months more than I was for my 2013 Ford Edge. I'm also with Progressive. I'd suggest shopping around.
Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had USAA for years. They slowly raised my prices until I was forced to look elsewhere. GEICO killed USAA’s price and I’ve never looked back.
While I love USAA (I have my home insurance, and finance my Bronco through them), their auto insurance is never been competitive. Which is a shame, I'd love a one-stop shop for all things home/auto.

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

xxx
While I love USAA (I have my home insurance, and finance my Bronco through them), their auto insurance is never been competitive. Which is a shame, I'd love a one-stop shop for all things home/auto.
Not sure what your definition of “never” is but I had USAA from the time I was in my early 20’s through my mid-30’s (20 to 35) years ago and they had the best auto rates and service of any provider in our region and it wasn’t particularly close. Things changed 20+ years ago and I moved on from USAA and now reevaluate insurance every couple of years.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

$124/month for a bronco and 96 town car in Cumming, Ga

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
$380/ 6 months with USAA but we have 5 vehicles insured with them. The Bronco insurance cost is $1,000/year cheaper than my Tesla but the bad news is the Bronco fuel costs are about $4,000 more annually for the same number of miles. Routine service on the Bronco makes it even more expensive to drive but I love having it.

Sponsored

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
xxx

Not sure what your definition of “never” is but I had USAA from the time I was in my early 20’s through my mid-30’s (20 to 35) years ago and they had the best auto rates and service of any provider in our region and it wasn’t particularly close. Things changed 20+ years ago and I moved on from USAA and now reevaluate insurance every couple of years.
Never for me personally. Every time I would shop around for new insurance companies they were always middle of the pack or on the higher end compared to others.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m in Chester County PA as well and it’s just under $800/6 months with usaa. Location I guess but seeing these other premiums makes me want to shop it.
Hey neighbor! I'm in Chester County PA as well.

Give Erie Insurance a call. PM me and I'll send you my agents name and number.
I have my life, house and car insurance through them. I've actually had them ever since I started driving and have gotten quite a few friends and family to switch to them (definite savings for them).
Oh, and if I've had a claim I've NEVER had an issue with them writing me a check. Zero issues ever.

I pay the following yearly (not 6-months):
2015 GTI: $832
2017 911: $687 (I do a lay-up for the winter months Jan-Mar since I don't drive it)
2022 X3: $995

I'm 52 with a "clean" driving record. I haven't had a ticket in over 5 years.

BQH2010

Raptor
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma nightshade 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I still have my home insured through them.

CagyBasilisk

Black Diamond
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 4Runner SR5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting. Every time I shop my insurance as a total package, they have come out on top or just about matching the next closest bid. Nothing has come close enough to be worth the hassle.

I do admittedly pay more for my cars, but the savings on homeowners has offset that every time I've looked. I'm due to shop again sometime next year, though.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Got a call back, they told me my insurance would increase by $120/6 months for a '22 and by $140/6months for a '23. So $1200 a year.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roofus

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have my DC condo insured with Traveler's and Zebra says their initial quote for the equivalent of my Progressive policy would be $106/month. I obviously need to call them to make sure that's not bait and switch, but if it holds that would be roughly $2k/year cheaper than Progressive LOL

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$280/6 months progressive for 4dr badlands lux sas. I dropped my comprehensive deductible to $100 (in case accessories are stolen off the rig) and free (no-deductible) glass replacement and it changed to $330/6 months or $55/mo total. I'm young, male, single, homeowner, and in a urban high cost of living area. No accidents/tix and a 800+ credit score on all three bureaus.

Last edited:

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

$855/6 mos. in NYC. 250/500/100 ($631/6 mos. for a 2020 Pacifica on same policy). Clean record

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$49 per month

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Holy crap those are teenager prices. My insurance went up about $65/month adding the Bronco (full coverage, three vehicles, me and the wife, Geico). Shop around though, it makes all the difference.
Sponsored