Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

With Ford deciding to do interior accent colors by trim level rather than letting it be a choice, I was wondering if anyone had insights on whether some, all, or none of those pieces would be removable/paintable/tradeable.

Base - None
Big Bend - Grey
Black Diamond - Bright Blue
Outer Banks - Grey
Badlands - Orange
Wildtrak - Blue
First Edition - Grey

This of course comes up because I want a Badlands but despise orange and think it looks terrible, especially with some of the exterior color options. Looks like the map pocket's on the doors likely have a colored elastic band running along the top, so good luck changing that (easily, at least). Not sure if the grab handle trim can be popped off, or the colored accents on the vent controls.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

grab handles come off for sure. This is such an idiotic move by ford to force color by trim. It is a true wtf moment in the car design world. Allow a standard gray/black option and then have a specific color you can accent per trim for $0. OR, now hear me out, allow us reservation holders to match interior and exterior! Who would have thought!

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is one of the big WTFs for me currently. Some of thr accent trim looks egregious with the interior colors, looking at you wildtrak. The bright orange and blue are definitely a choice considering thr exterior colors can/will clash

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having colors tied to trim levels doesn't bother me, but I see how some of the exterior paint could clash. Personally, the only issue I have with it is the large strip of exterior paint on the inside of the doors on the two door models. I can get past it on most colors, but I am not a fan of having both red and orange on my interior.

Not a deal breaker to me, as I was likely going Cactus Gray or Oxford White anyways.

Ford Bronco Bronco Interior Accent Colors 1603491714294

Sponsored

ET1

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
To me this is less of an issue than the shitty interiors overall. I can deal with some blue piping. But that wildtrak interior is hideous. Just offer an all black interior on all models and watch it be the highest selected option.

eyrk

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To me this is less of an issue than the shitty interiors overall. I can deal with some blue piping. But that wildtrak interior is hideous. Just offer an all black interior on all models and watch it be the highest selected option.
For real. I just want a nice black

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL , I like the Wildtrak interior . I switched from Badlands to the WT simply because of the interior color of the marine vinyl/leather option plus the trim color of the grab handles etc match the Area 51 of my exterior choice . I lose the swaybar disconnect but probably would not use it anyway .

That bright orange trim of the Badlands would only look good with Cyber Orange or black exterior IMO .

This is such an idiotic move by ford to force color by trim. It is a true wtf moment in the car design world. Allow a standard gray/black option and then have a specific color you can accent per trim for $0. OR, now hear me out, allow us reservation holders to match interior and exterior! Who would have thought!
Exactly ! Why not use a neutral color as standard then let us pick colors that match as an option ? Who let this MISSY be in charge of interior design ?

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would it be possible to use dye or ink or something to stain that dash black on the Wildtrak?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all,

With Ford deciding to do interior accent colors by trim level rather than letting it be a choice, I was wondering if anyone had insights on whether some, all, or none of those pieces would be removable/paintable/tradeable.

Base - None
Big Bend - Grey
Outer Banks - Grey
Badlands - Orange
Wildtrak - Blue
First Edition - Grey

This of course comes up because I want a Badlands but despise orange and think it looks terrible, especially with some of the exterior color options. Looks like the map pocket's on the doors likely have a colored elastic band running along the top, so good luck changing that (easily, at least). Not sure if the grab handle trim can be popped off, or the colored accents on the vent controls.

Thoughts?
I’m getting a Badlands, and also despise orange because of the upstate evil entity in South Carolina, but what they’re calling orange on a Badlands looks yellow in every single pic I’ve seen. No orange in it at all to me. If I get it and it is actually orange, I’ll try to trade the removable things with someone with another trim color that wants to trade for the yellow. The stitching won’t be that noticeable.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I believe the Wildtrak color accent is Area51, so it’s blue-ish.

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey all,

Base - None
Big Bend - Grey
Outer Banks - Grey
Badlands - Orange
Wildtrak - Blue
First Edition - Grey

Thoughts?
Where did you see that First Edition was Grey? I've been trying to get confirmation. I know the interior pic on B&P seems to show that but exteriors still show the cyber orange from Badlands.

I'm totally cool with the grey on my Navy Pier seats so I hope you are correct!

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did you see that First Edition was Grey? I've been trying to get confirmation. I know the interior pic on B&P seems to show that but exteriors still show the cyber orange from Badlands.

I'm totally cool with the grey on my Navy Pier seats so I hope you are correct!
Got it from exactly where you just said....I have no insider info here, just going off B&P and things I've read on the forum.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I asked this at the Bronco west celebtration and the guy said yes, all the orange trim pieces on the BL (except the stitching on the seats) could be removed and swapped out or customized.
Sponsored