Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Food for thought! What aspects from these front views do we like? What do we not like?

in order....

Ranger, F150, Explorer, Escape, Expedition, Taco, Jeep

6A8FF243-A6E6-4C4E-85F4-288D3A3F6758.jpeg

8497EE6B-4077-440C-B406-4BCBC7A7E65A.jpeg

6FB6F633-F104-450F-87B5-0C73FB8F744B.jpeg

F9E404FC-AAF0-4FF1-A763-1436774D6212.jpeg

4C2F6847-E4B2-4907-A676-7F8BE7E3F89A.jpeg

4695CA1D-912B-40BB-AC27-9ADA8BFCAAE7.jpeg

53083DA8-07ED-4F3D-84E3-BAF9968B3E7D.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ps... I really hope the speedo isn’t smack in the middle of the dash like in the explorer and upper trimmed ranger. I don’t like the floating displays, would rather have an inset one. Also, I hope that there isn’t any obvious “you don’t have this button” caps on the lower trims.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the Jeep and Taco interiors. I really like our 4runner interior, except for how the wipers, blinkers, and cruise control work, as I am used to the Ford setups on those (this direction does that, twist for this, push for that, etc etc)

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The upfitter auxiliary switches I have seen in my grandfathers f450 are great, I believe they are the same as in the raptor.
I like the overhead ones too, but that might not work so well for various topless styles. I suspect they would all be the same, so an in-dash bank seems more likely -- and probably shared with the next Ranger.

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give me a full digital dash like the ‘18+ Mustangs and I’ll be set. Floating infotainment screen doesn’t bother me. And I like both landscape and portrait. As long as it has Apple CarPlay I’m good. Custom ambient lighting like the stangs MyColor would be cool too

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just an FYI, The F150 leather dash is spectacular..
If any of you have owned a newer Grand Cherokee Overland or Summit and have read about the disaster we have for a leather dash all over the internet, you would agree. The Jeep dash is wrapped in leather to the ends without being rolled under, it starts peeling up, delaminates and bubbles and it’s a $2500 expense mostly labor to replace the POS!

that F150-F250 dash I’ve seen in person and it’s two panels that look like they are snapped into the dash. They are surrounded by plastic so the leather doesn’t even get wet when cleaning the wind shield or when you fog up the windows.

Our grand Cherokee dash got ruined when we had the windshield tinted. The leather shrunk away from the edge where it meets the windshield and curled up. If the bronco top end model I want has a crappy design for a leather dash I will definitely have to settle for a lesser model.

OP
OP
dmtndan

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In my opinion based purely on aesthetics, the Jeep looks the best followed by the tacoma. I am not a huge fan of Ford's truck/SUV interiors from the late '80s to present. I do however really like the Ford interior styling from the '60s through early '80s.
I agree that ford trucks interiors could be improved a lot. That being said I would much rather the interior of the bronco be more ford truck than SUV. I hope the entire vehicle stays more trucky than modern suv. Heck the new expedition isn’t even in the same bloodline as it’s predecessors any more.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Just an FYI, The F150 leather dash is spectacular..
If any of you have owned a newer Grand Cherokee Overland or Summit and have read about the disaster we have for a leather dash all over the internet, you would agree. The Jeep dash is wrapped in leather to the ends without being rolled under, it starts peeling up, delaminates and bubbles and it’s a $2500 expense mostly labor to replace the POS!

that F150-F250 dash I’ve seen in person and it’s two panels that look like they are snapped into the dash. They are surrounded by plastic so the leather doesn’t even get wet when cleaning the wind shield or when you fog up the windows.

Our grand Cherokee dash got ruined when we had the windshield tinted. The leather shrunk away from the edge where it meets the windshield and curled up. If the bronco top end model I want has a crappy design for a leather dash I will definitely have to settle for a lesser model.
That's actually good to know about the Overland because I've been considering a Trailhawk or an Overland as a fall-back option. Sounds like the Trailhawk might be the better option.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2015 Explorer. At first I was not a fan of the interior but after having it for several years it has grown on me. I don't have any issues finding key features and I am able to navigate it with ease. It's also relatively easy to clean which helps as those black surfaces are magnets for fingerprints. I like the Jeep interior but am NOT a fan of the UConnect system. In my short time with it I was begging for my sync system back. As far as the Tacoma interior goes, I am not a fan of the old school digital temperature display or the way the knobs are offset from the screen. My OCD can't handle things that aren't aligned properly.

Sponsored

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I Agree do away with the dial and floor shifter GIVE ME THE TREE! F 250. Could Be A Deal Breaker.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford. Go Out And Hire Ram Interior Designer Pay The Man. Time To Catch Up.

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's actually good to know about the Overland because I've been considering a Trailhawk or an Overland as a fall-back option. Sounds like the Trailhawk might be the better option.
keep in mind, the 2005 and newer grand cherokees are BOATS off road. The older 90’s-2004’s were completely different animals. Ours drives and feels more like a full sized Tahoe or Expedition than the older narrow ones. We used to take our older ones everywhere off road, this one is just too big for most AZ trails. Not a good 4 wheeler if you like trails. I wouldn’t even consider our 2012 midsized to be honest. Definitely not cramped inside like the older ones though. Older ones had the shoulder room equivalent to a wrangler.

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
BACK TO THE FUTURE !
Sponsored