Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm happy for you! I really am.... but the jealous side me is wondering why I'm still waiting for mine when I reserved on 7/14 (yours being 11/11) and virtually I ordered the same build:

Badlands/SAS/carb gray/MGV/2.7/High/tow/soft top

Ugh... but congrats! Maybe I'll get mine one day.
I've been noodling on this a little bit, and wondering if it's worth analyzing more. It does seem like you should have your Bronco. There are two factors that I can see as being variables:
  1. @Ford Motor Company's unfortunate decision to factor in legacy dealership allocation models into production priority, instead of using a more modern straight reservation timestamp method. I assume we have different dealers, and yours may have lower allocation or may have been penalized by Ford for some reason.
  2. How your salesperson converted your reservation to an order. If they accidentally Priority 99'd it or something. Did you get a copy of your build order sheet when you converted your reservation to a build? I'd be happy to share mine with you so we can see if this is a factor.
Any other factors you can think of? I hope to see you on the road in your Bronco soon.
Sponsored

Irish Pete

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love your write up… and what a great Christmas present to receive 🎉

atimberwolf

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Very nice write up.

Congrats on the new Bronco.

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does this mean? dealers can attached different priority levels to orders?
Yes, they can. A priority 99 means that the order is entered but on hold for production. For example if someone intentionally wants to wait for a model year 22 they would have a priority 99 status to keep them waiting.

Sponsored

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been noodling on this a little bit, and wondering if it's worth analyzing more. It does seem like you should have your Bronco. There are two factors that I can see as being variables:
  1. @Ford Motor Company's unfortunate decision to factor in legacy dealership allocation models into production priority, instead of using a more modern straight reservation timestamp method. I assume we have different dealers, and yours may have lower allocation or may have been penalized by Ford for some reason.
  2. How your salesperson converted your reservation to an order. If they accidentally Priority 99'd it or something. Did you get a copy of your build order sheet when you converted your reservation to a build? I'd be happy to share mine with you so we can see if this is a factor.
Any other factors you can think of? I hope to see you on the road in your Bronco soon.
It's 100% the allocation formula. I ordered through a large dealer in Nashville, TN that's offering invoice pricing. Even with a 7/14 reservation I was #110 in line. I just missed a 2021 and had to reorder a 2022 but still no build date or VIN yet.

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As my Bronco reservation/order/wait/delivery journey comes to an end, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you in the Bronco6G community. I abandoned the toxic Facebook Bronco forums for this community, and that decision has proven wise. The advice, support, and guidance offered here are amazing. It's fun to share your excitement - and frustrations - around this vehicle that we love. Whether you drive a base Bronco Sport or a First Edition full-size Bronco, this is a family that is great to be a part of. Thanks especially for the Build Process Guide, the Build and Tracking Links, and the build-week spreadsheets. These were vital tools.

On Tuesday 12/21, I took delivery of my 4-door Bronco. My date sequence was:

RESERVEDORDEREDBUILD SCHEDULEDBLENDBUILTSHIPPEDDELIVERED
11/11/2020​
1/23/2021​
11/22​
11/24​
12/1​
12/4​
12/21​

A year, a month, and ten days. What a ride it has been. While I can't count the number of ways that Ford could have managed this process better, in the end I am thrilled with my Bronco, a 4-door Badlands in Area 51 with MGV, 2.7, Lux, Sasquatch, tow package, and a soft top. The background on why I bought a Bronco is here.

IMG_7908.jpeg

MY DEALERSHIP DELIVERED.

When I first placed my reservation, and converted it to an order, I shared about post about a positive experience that I had at my dealership: Autonation Ford of Bellevue, Washington. I went with them because they offered the best price: a "synthesized X-plan" where they calculated a percentage off of MSRP since Ford wasn't offering X-plan. The GM at the dealership, Josh Marshalek, was also excellent with communications. He replied to emails very quickly, and seemed to be as in-the-know about Broncos and the reservation program as anyone.

Many people were suspicious that I'd actually get a discount on the Bronco. That apprehension is based upon the continual stream of ADM nightmares that we read about here. I'm pleased to report that Ford of Bellevue delivered on their promise: I paid nearly $3,000 below MSRP for my Bronco. And every reservation holder that they service will pay no more than MSRP. Yes, they are adding markups to inventory Broncos. But if you reserve and go through the process with them, my experience is that they deliver exactly what they promise. If you're still looking and want to place an order, I give my strongest possible recommendation to Chris Rollman (sales) at Bellevue Ford.

Communication has also been excellent. When Ford signaled that my Bronco had shipped, I messaged Chris to get a freight car number. Many people complain that their sales reps can't, or won't, share that information. Many of them aren't experience enough to retrieve it. Chris responded to me within 10 minutes with not only the rail car number, but a photo of Ford's shipping manifest. I was able to track my Bronco as it crossed the country by rail, which was cool.

I share these positive experience because it pains me to read some of the frustrating behaviors that dealerships are showing to reservation customers, and I want to steer folks toward better dealers. When I met GM Josh on delivery day, and we talked about the horrible dynamics that some Ford dealers are demonstrating, he made a really good point: If you screw a customer out of a few thousand dollars on a car deal, you'll sell them one car at most. If you look at the Bronco as an eventual volume business, and want to establish a lifetime of vehicle purchases, you offer a fair deal and live up to your word so that they come back and buy more cars over time. I couldn't agree more.

It also pays to pick a dealer that'll not only offer MSPR, but is staffed with Bronco enthusiasts. I was able to talk to my salesperson, the sales manager, and the general manager anytime about the Bronco because they all love Broncos and have their own orders in. Who better to buy from than someone that loves what they are selling?

THE BRONCO IS A BEAUTIFUL BEAST.

250 miles in, it is exceeding my expectations in most regards. There are big things, like every time I walk into the garage and see those Sasquatch tires and the profile of the Bronco, I smile and remind myself that it's mine. The 2.7 / 10-speed powertrain is quite powerful; the horsepower and torque combine for a fun drive. My worries about freeway speeds being a struggle were unfounded... I fly along at 70+ perfectly comfortable. The interior feels genuinely spacious compared to my former Wrangler. The 12" display with wireless CarPlay is a joy. Area 51 is a dynamic color and I'm glad I picked it. It ranges from a sky blue under direct sunlight, to a smokey gray-blue under our typical Seattle stormy skies.

IMG_7904.jpeg

There are little things that I wasn't expecting that I also appreciate a lot. While I knew I wanted MGV for several reasons, I'm impressed with how comfortable it is, and how durable is appears to be. The overhead aux switches are little works of art: their lighting changes color when activated, the throw is easy even with gloved hands, and the click is satisfying. I don't even have any accessories wired in yet, but I already love the switches. The soft top has seen driving downpours already, and has been completely dry inside. For all of Ford's hard top woes, I'm very impressed with the soft top. There is definitely more road noise on the freeway, but I'll gladly enjoy a winter with the soft top and order a hard top once the kinks are worked out (got my 220,000 point to put toward it). The trail sights are becoming a signature part of my driving experience already. Never mind that I'm not yet using them as tie-downs are branch diverters, they give the view out of the windshield a prominence that you just don't get with many new vehicles anymore.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," is as true with the new Bronco as with anything. In my case, this is the perfect blend of classic lines from the original Bronco, updated with a modern vehicle platform, electronics, and driving experience. It's exactly what I'd hoped for.

THAT'S ME HONKING!

My dealer warned me that people will stop to ask questions about the Bronco. Stoplights will turn into conversation points. I'll get honked at and thumbs-up from people who are seeing a new Bronco for the first time, might own one themselves, or hope to one day own one. He was right. In the first two days of driving it, I've been chased down in traffic by people curios about it, held up in parking lots as people admire it. So many people have stories of Broncos from long ago.

I hope that continues. I hope the community here grows into a healthy Bronco community in real life. I promise to do my part. Today, I caught up to an Area 51 Bronco Sport on the highway, and honked at the driver. An older gent, he was caught off guard and was about to get angry at being honked at, but when he looked over and saw my Bronco, his face lit up and he laughed and honked back.

There are endless reasons to be divided these days. Politicians thrive on dividing us at every turn. It's nice to have a vehicle and a brand than can unite us. If you're still waiting for yours, please keep the faith. It's worth it in the end. When you climb in and drive off the dealer's lot, the memories of months of waiting and confused messages will melt away with each mile.

Drive safe, and thank you again to the strong community here.

Jeff

IMG_0015.JPG

18b7691de5a4bb5d3386824dd90e885e1164a9b0-1.jpeg

IMG_7902.jpeg

IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg
Still waiting for mine but glad to see some PNW bronco's starting to show. I'm trying to be patient. Glad to hear you had positive relationship with the dealer and hope mine goes as well. Hopefully see you out there.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As my Bronco reservation/order/wait/delivery journey comes to an end, I want to say THANK YOU to all of you in the Bronco6G community. I abandoned the toxic Facebook Bronco forums for this community, and that decision has proven wise. The advice, support, and guidance offered here are amazing. It's fun to share your excitement - and frustrations - around this vehicle that we love. Whether you drive a base Bronco Sport or a First Edition full-size Bronco, this is a family that is great to be a part of. Thanks especially for the Build Process Guide, the Build and Tracking Links, and the build-week spreadsheets. These were vital tools.

11/11/2020​
1/23/2021​
11/22​
11/24​
12/1​
12/4​
12/21​

A year, a month, and ten days. What a ride it has been. While I can't count the number of ways that Ford could have managed this process better, in the end I am thrilled with my Bronco, a 4-door Badlands in Area 51 with MGV, 2.7, Lux, Sasquatch, tow package, and a soft top. The background on why I bought a Bronco is here.

IMG_7908.jpeg

MY DEALERSHIP DELIVERED.

When I first placed my reservation, and converted it to an order, I shared about post about a positive experience that I had at my dealership: Autonation Ford of Bellevue, Washington. I went with them because they offered the best price: a "synthesized X-plan" where they calculated a percentage off of MSRP since Ford wasn't offering X-plan. The GM at the dealership, Josh Marshalek, was also excellent with communications. He replied to emails very quickly, and seemed to be as in-the-know about Broncos and the reservation program as anyone.

Many people were suspicious that I'd actually get a discount on the Bronco. That apprehension is based upon the continual stream of ADM nightmares that we read about here. I'm pleased to report that Ford of Bellevue delivered on their promise: I paid nearly $3,000 below MSRP for my Bronco. And every reservation holder that they service will pay no more than MSRP. Yes, they are adding markups to inventory Broncos. But if you reserve and go through the process with them, my experience is that they deliver exactly what they promise. If you're still looking and want to place an order, I give my strongest possible recommendation to Chris Rollman (sales) at Bellevue Ford.

Communication has also been excellent. When Ford signaled that my Bronco had shipped, I messaged Chris to get a freight car number. Many people complain that their sales reps can't, or won't, share that information. Many of them aren't experience enough to retrieve it. Chris responded to me within 10 minutes with not only the rail car number, but a photo of Ford's shipping manifest. I was able to track my Bronco as it crossed the country by rail, which was cool.

I share these positive experience because it pains me to read some of the frustrating behaviors that dealerships are showing to reservation customers, and I want to steer folks toward better dealers. When I met GM Josh on delivery day, and we talked about the horrible dynamics that some Ford dealers are demonstrating, he made a really good point: If you screw a customer out of a few thousand dollars on a car deal, you'll sell them one car at most. If you look at the Bronco as an eventual volume business, and want to establish a lifetime of vehicle purchases, you offer a fair deal and live up to your word so that they come back and buy more cars over time. I couldn't agree more.

It also pays to pick a dealer that'll not only offer MSPR, but is staffed with Bronco enthusiasts. I was able to talk to my salesperson, the sales manager, and the general manager anytime about the Bronco because they all love Broncos and have their own orders in. Who better to buy from than someone that loves what they are selling?

250 miles in, it is exceeding my expectations in most regards. There are big things, like every time I walk into the garage and see those Sasquatch tires and the profile of the Bronco, I smile and remind myself that it's mine. The 2.7 / 10-speed powertrain is quite powerful; the horsepower and torque combine for a fun drive. My worries about freeway speeds being a struggle were unfounded... I fly along at 70+ perfectly comfortable. The interior feels genuinely spacious compared to my former Wrangler. The 12" display with wireless CarPlay is a joy. Area 51 is a dynamic color and I'm glad I picked it. It ranges from a sky blue under direct sunlight, to a smokey gray-blue under our typical Seattle stormy skies.

IMG_7904.jpeg

There are little things that I wasn't expecting that I also appreciate a lot. While I knew I wanted MGV for several reasons, I'm impressed with how comfortable it is, and how durable is appears to be. The overhead aux switches are little works of art: their lighting changes color when activated, the throw is easy even with gloved hands, and the click is satisfying. I don't even have any accessories wired in yet, but I already love the switches. The soft top has seen driving downpours already, and has been completely dry inside. For all of Ford's hard top woes, I'm very impressed with the soft top. There is definitely more road noise on the freeway, but I'll gladly enjoy a winter with the soft top and order a hard top once the kinks are worked out (got my 220,000 point to put toward it). The trail sights are becoming a signature part of my driving experience already. Never mind that I'm not yet using them as tie-downs are branch diverters, they give the view out of the windshield a prominence that you just don't get with many new vehicles anymore.

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," is as true with the new Bronco as with anything. In my case, this is the perfect blend of classic lines from the original Bronco, updated with a modern vehicle platform, electronics, and driving experience. It's exactly what I'd hoped for.

THAT'S ME HONKING!

My dealer warned me that people will stop to ask questions about the Bronco. Stoplights will turn into conversation points. I'll get honked at and thumbs-up from people who are seeing a new Bronco for the first time, might own one themselves, or hope to one day own one. He was right. In the first two days of driving it, I've been chased down in traffic by people curios about it, held up in parking lots as people admire it. So many people have stories of Broncos from long ago.

I hope that continues. I hope the community here grows into a healthy Bronco community in real life. I promise to do my part. Today, I caught up to an Area 51 Bronco Sport on the highway, and honked at the driver. An older gent, he was caught off guard and was about to get angry at being honked at, but when he looked over and saw my Bronco, his face lit up and he laughed and honked back.

There are endless reasons to be divided these days. Politicians thrive on dividing us at every turn. It's nice to have a vehicle and a brand than can unite us. If you're still waiting for yours, please keep the faith. It's worth it in the end. When you climb in and drive off the dealer's lot, the memories of months of waiting and confused messages will melt away with each mile.

Jeff

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_7902.jpeg

IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg
Great read, Jeff! Congrats on your delivery!! See you around Seattle sometime!!

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great read, Jeff! Congrats on your delivery!! See you around Seattle sometime!!
Thanks, @Cat. You've been a particularly positive member of this community. It'll be great to share these PacNW roads with you and your Bronco!

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm happy for you! I really am.... but the jealous side me is wondering why I'm still waiting for mine when I reserved on 7/14 (yours being 11/11) and virtually I ordered the same build:

Badlands/SAS/carb gray/MGV/2.7/High/tow/soft top

Ugh... but congrats! Maybe I'll get mine one day.
Same here brother. I think it largely has to do with your dealer allocations.

We’ll get ours soon enough.

Sponsored

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

11/11/2020​
1/23/2021​
11/22​
11/24​
12/1​
12/4​
12/21​

IMG_7908.jpeg

MY DEALERSHIP DELIVERED.

IMG_7904.jpeg

THAT'S ME HONKING!

Jeff

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_7902.jpeg

IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg
Congratulations! I reserved July 14th and am still waiting. I'm looking forward to experiencing your excitement.

Felderj0

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Avalanche Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

11/11/2020​
1/23/2021​
11/22​
11/24​
12/1​
12/4​
12/21​

IMG_7908.jpeg

MY DEALERSHIP DELIVERED.

IMG_7904.jpeg

THAT'S ME HONKING!

Jeff

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_7902.jpeg

IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg

[/QUOTE

11/11/2020​
1/23/2021​
11/22​
11/24​
12/1​
12/4​
12/21​

IMG_7908.jpeg

MY DEALERSHIP DELIVERED.

IMG_7904.jpeg

THAT'S ME HONKING!

Jeff

IMG_0015.JPG

IMG_7902.jpeg

IMG_7913.jpeg

IMG_7914.jpeg
Thanks for the inspirational write up Jeff. I have nearly the same build with a mic top. Been patiently waiting since my 2020 reservation. Sometimes I get aggravated and then someone like you posts a good story with a happy ending. Gives me a smile and hope that I too will be waiting on a delivery soon. What a great Christmas present to you. Good for you Brother.

Wampa

Base
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang, Lancer Evolution 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happy to hear you had a positive experience at AN Bellevue. I have my 2dr ManSquatch with them, build date 2/14.

OP
OP
ElJeffe

ElJeffe

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeff.henshaw.org
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1250RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Happy to hear you had a positive experience at AN Bellevue. I have my 2dr ManSquatch with them, build date 2/14.
I suspect they'll take great care of you. If not, remember that Travis (sales manager) and Josh (GM) are both there, both serious Bronco enthusiasts, and will help solve any problems. They have their own Broncos on order so they know firsthand what it's like for us.

Funny side note: We had an appointment set at 1pm for me to pick up mine, so the had it detailed first thing that morning and brought it around to the front of the dealership to have ready. Over the course of the morning, they had 8 offers to buy it before I arrived to sign the papers.

The demand for these is just crazy. Looking forward to seeing you on the PacNW roads, @Wampa.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@ElJeffe Jeff, I wanted to tell you this story. The wife, and I had became quite aggravated with the problems surrounding our order, i.e. MIC top, '22 allocation formula, etc. Our Area 51 OBX would be along time coming, and we just didn't know if we would wait much longer. Then you came along with your Area 51 soft top, and your great tutorial. We talked awhile, after thinking about this on an off, and we have decided to throw caution to the wind, drop the MIC top, and go for a soft top. Of course we're hoping for a possible earlier build date. Thanks for posting prictures of your Bronco. It's given us renewed hope that we may see our Bronco sooner than later.
Sponsored