First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think BOTH vehicles have came a long way from their beginnings...as every model has.
I went from a CJ7 to (3) YJ's and finally a TJ. The 4.0 in the 2002 TJ has 200,000 and has not been tore into...just std stuff like battery's, brakes, starter, couple clutches and its still going.

The Bronco is the new kid on the block getting all the attention, as well it should at current.
I know I am loving my Wildtrak...it reminds me so much of the Eddie Bauer Bronco II that was on the car lot I worked at in high school.

Ford Bronco Bronco IS better than Wrangler. Goodbye Wrangler Rubicon and Hello Bronco Badlands! 1672869316719

Last edited:

Morrisattack

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO AND BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
20 Years of jeep ownership and i agree with everthing you said. My last jeep was a 2017 and i'd say removing the doors was easier on the jeep. Also most 10 year old jeeps keep plugging along and i am a little concerned how the bronco will hold up. Time will tell. And jeep has a 50 year head start in the aftermarket world

Sponsored

Bexus

Badlands
First Name
Bhek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know this is Bronco fan forum and most of you would say 'of course it is'. Others would say they don't compare as Bronco is in a class of its own or it is a different vehicle all together. I had experience driving Wrangler Rubicon on and off-road for five years. After ending the 2.5 year wait with the pick up at Granger Ford in Iowa I drove my new Badlands home 750 miles and can do a first impression comparison to my Wrangler. Even after a day of ownership I can say it is better than the Wrangler. The traded-in 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon was loaded with all kind of electronic goodies, leather, off-road, tow, packages, etc. and with a ton of upgrades like Tazer computer, 2.5 inch lift, and 35-inch wheels. My 2023 Bronco Badlands is loaded too with 2.7 litter engine, hardtop, Sasquatch, lux, leather, tow packages. Here is why I already love the Bronco (just initial impressions):

• Ride quality: Jeep's ride was rough. This is known. But five years of having my back bounce off every pothole made Bronco's smooth and comfortable ride truly a joyous experience. It takes those potholes with ease. I feel that I am in any normal SUV or truck and don't have to sacrifice ride quality for cool status of the vehicle. Jeeps are still cool but I don't think I would ever go back to the rough and tumble ride of the Jeep.
  • Steering: My Jeep was one of the ones that had a major steering issue (hundreds of pages worth of discussion on Jeep forums) but even after Stelantis finally replaced my steering box I still had to concentrate on having my Wrangler track in the middle of the lane with constant adjustments to the steering wheel. No issues of this kind on my Bronco. In fact, I can often let go of steering wheel and the vehicle tracks solidly in the center of the lane.
  • Engine/Power: So, I had the tried and true 3.6L Pentastar V6 on my Jeep but with a manual transmission (perhaps this is not an apple to apples comparison). Going up hills was a constant battle with my having to shift to lower gears. Especially driving anywhere in the West, and using cruise control, trying to keep Jeep at constant speed was a struggle. You go up a good degree hill and would have to shift down as you see your speed drop 10 mph while semi(s) are passing you. And that's not even loaded! If I towed my Taxa trailer forget about 75 mph up a solid hill. I'd be in 3rd gear with gas pedal all the way to the wall. While my Bronco has an automatic transmission (so may not be fair comparison) it has no problem whatsoever keeping speed at constant and flying up those hills. Have not tried to tow but confident it will do well.
  • Seats: OMG, Bronco seats are so much more comfortable! We drove 11 hours straight and, have I had been in my Wrangler, I would have had to make so many more stops to stretch out and rest. My wife swears by her seat comfort too. Her seat also has lumbar support and all seat controls are electronic (both driver and passenger) while that was not the case on my Wrangler!
  • Controls: Love the ease of shifting between driving modes or using off-road functions. Wrangler has more of a manual approach to getting your vehicle into 4H or 2L and no modes. It is a toss up on controls for sway bar disconnect. Jeep had strange design for a few controls; e.g. volume control locations - on steering wheel was on the right while the knob was just a few inches away on the dash. Bronco has it on the left - that makes sense to me. I never liked the window controls in the front dash of the Wrangler. I like how Ford put Broncos' near the console. How about automatic down and up! for the windows on the Bronco! Wrangler only had it down and then you had to hold to raise them.
  • Electronics: How about that 12 inch screen!. I love it. I haven't had the time to go through all the functions/features and options and my Jeep certainly didn't have all of the new capabilities (at the time the adaptive cruise wasn't available). I think Bronco's Lux package offers a few more bells and whistles than Wrangler's Advanced Safety and other packages. I do miss automatic locking when driving off that I had on my Wrangler but maybe I haven't figured out how to turn that feature on in Bronco (if someone knows please comment).
  • Other items to call out:
    • Headliner: Why in the world Jeep would make a compressed styrofoam looking headliner and in white! I have no idea. But I'm glad my Bronco's headliner generally matches the dark interior of the car.
    • Mirrors: When I take the doors of my Bronco I will not have to worry about putting temporary mirrors back on the vehicle that never really worked well (the images in the mirrors always shook)
    • Rear gate: I love three stage open option on the Bronco. Jeep just swings out and with heavy tire on it goes fast.
    • Roof modularity: Haven't used it but I like having the ability to take off the front AND middle panels.

I also like the overall design, fit and finish of the Bronco. It feels higher quality. I haven't yet had any issues with hardtop or other items folks called out (cross my fingers). I'm sure there will be more items to call out and the above is my personal opinion and experience. Even though I liked my Jeep I don't miss it and don't think I would be in market to get it again. Stelantis should rethink the platform Wranglers are built on.

Lastly, Granger Ford is an awesome dealership and people. They stuck with their promise on pricing and quality of service. I stuck with them. They accommodated my picking up the vehicle on Saturday and made the process easy and painless. I recommend them. Give Samantha a call if you are still looking from which dealer to buy your Bronco.

Ford Bronco Bronco IS better than Wrangler. Goodbye Wrangler Rubicon and Hello Bronco Badlands! 1672869316719

Goodbye Wrangler Rubicon and Hello Bronco Badlands!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have just a lowly Base Bronco, and after renting and driving a Gladiator 1500 miles I agree, the ride and steering are worlds apart. Honestly, I prefer my Bronco's steering over my Mazda sedan, they nailed it on this one. You will find plenty of complaints despite being a fan site. The Bronco does have some rough spots and build quality issues but overall its solid and I wouldn't trade it for anything after most of a year of ownership.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
20 Years of jeep ownership and i agree with everthing you said. My last jeep was a 2017 and i'd say removing the doors was easier on the jeep. Also most 10 year old jeeps keep plugging along and i am a little concerned how the bronco will hold up. Time will tell. And jeep has a 50 year head start in the aftermarket world
The Bronco has some build quality issues but overall the design is solid and should hold up well. Its basically a Ranger truck. I've had mine for almost a year without any issues aside from the windshield recall which isn't really
I'm here to rain down on your thread :D. Comparing a Wrangler and a Bronco is not really a comparison. I own both and they are two completely different vehicles.

I haven't driven my Wrangler daily for many years. Wranglers are definitely not daily drivers. The Bronco is for sure.

I own a manual Bronco. I have to downshift when going up hill on the interstate. The cruise struggles to keep speed especially out west. This is part of owning a manual vehicle.

The Wrangler is still my go to vehicle for more difficult off-roading. Still way more nimble off-road than the Bronco.

I am glad you enjoy your Bronco. I sure do enjoy mine. The Wrangler isn't going anywhere.
Well most of the automotive press considers them direct competitors.

John Bronco_ I am here

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnbronco.com
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '08 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Nzoreo

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (3rd one), Jaguar I-Pace, E class.
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

agree with the drive and ride the most. i got a wrangler as a loaner for a few days shortly before i got my bronco. the difference is night and day. the suv i traded in for the bronco was a mercedes GLE. the steering and ride was closer to that than the jeep. thats how much better it is.

i went to checkout a lighting as my pre-order was ready to be requested. At the ford dealer they had one and i want to try it out before dropping 100k on a truck. They had a JL wrangler used parked next to a used bronco big bend. I figured give them a ride. Drove the bronco first and it was fine felt like a normal SUV took out the wrangler and man was it bad in comparison. Fet far less confident and woggly. The interior wasn't bad but not as spacious or nice. Long story short I ended up not ordering the lightning we already have a plaid and our Rivian should be here in few months. But we did put a deposit down on a bronco thats coming in next month. It oddly had pretty much every option I wanted including the 2.7 and a hard top. No squatch but hey it was also not crazy money
you should really take a look at some of the issues the lightnings come across. during the winter people were reporting crazy amounts of range drop in those. my sisters tesla Y is about 10%, same as my jaguar ipace. I've seen people say their lightning is at a 40% drop.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Congrats! I agree with everything you said except for the below.

“I also like the overall design, fit and finish of the Bronco. It feels higher quality.“

OP
OP
shirokovd

shirokovd

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We love those 12" screens too!
Congrats! I agree with everything you said except for the below.

“I also like the overall design, fit and finish of the Bronco. It feels higher quality.“
Why? Maybe I am an exception or maybe the issues haven’t kicked in but I had more issues w Wrangler a few days after I bought it vs few days of owning Bronco. So far so good… perhaps issues are coming.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope the Bronco holds the resale like a Jeep does.

One thing the Jeep has is longevity, history and a following. Cultlike.

I ordered my 2 door rubicon and optioned it like the I did the Bronco. One thing I had in the Jeep that I don't have in the Bronco yet is confidence. It will come as I put it through the paces. With my 71 and 75 (yes, I am showing my age) the 9" rear and 44 up front would go places where Jeeps busted axles or splines, we won't even talk about carbs or yellow lights on the dash.

As a non techy figuring everything out with out an owners manual to read on and study is driving me nuts.
That being said, the Bronco is way off the charts cooler, has more torque, has a much better ride than the Jeep. The new Jeep and Bronco will run circles around the older ones (stock) with air conditioning, tunes on and quiet enough to actually hear the non craco.

Everything used to be built not bought and now it's mostly bought from china.

Cheers

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why? Maybe I am an exception or maybe the issues haven’t kicked in but I had more issues w Wrangler a few days after I bought it vs few days of owning Bronco. So far so good… perhaps issues are coming.
Plastics used in the Bronco are cheap and scratch extremely easy. Interior panels don’t scream rugged or quality at all. My JLU used much nicer plastics and it just felt like the interior was built better. Less sharp edges as well.
Sponsored