Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's hindsight, but if you take the time to get it clean (undercarriage) get it ceramic coated. I took mine mudding, spent 2 days cleaning just the undercarriage.

Took it to my installer, he got it show room clean and ceramic treated. Went off roading again, cleaned the entire car and undercarriage, took off wheels, jacked it up, replaced, the whole nine in under 4 hours and it was show room ready again.

Undercarriage ceramic is worth every freaking penny!

*The ceramic coating should help it clean and stay prettier longer...but I get my mud off as soon as possible once I get out of the woods.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get it off as soon as you can. Better when it isn't completely dry; once it dries, it won't hydrate well again, and it can take forever to get it off. Finding a DIY car wash on the way home is very useful.

In addition, it can be acid, depending on the mud and minerals contained in it.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I park in my yard and spray the chunks off with a high pressure nozzle on a garden hose, then drive through the scrubber wash. Done.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Put a sprinkler under it for 30 min. Check underneath. Reposition a few times and the bottom will be clean.

Badsquatch2021

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tbd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's hindsight, but if you take the time to get it clean (undercarriage) get it ceramic coated. I took mine mudding, spent 2 days cleaning just the undercarriage.

Took it to my installer, he got it show room clean and ceramic treated. Went off roading again, cleaned the entire car and undercarriage, took off wheels, jacked it up, replaced, the whole nine in under 4 hours and it was show room ready again.

Undercarriage ceramic is worth every freaking penny!

*The ceramic coating should help it clean and stay prettier longer...but I get my mud off as soon as possible once I get out of the woods.
Never heard of ceramic undercoating. Have any details on this? Sounds... Interesting. Would seem incredibly difficult to apply to an uneven and unpainted surface

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
EDIT: damnit the preview ruined it

The benefits of ceramic coating and proof that it works as advertised is all outlined here
I'd pay $1,500+ to have a good jingle professionally installed on my Bronco.

Then every.single.time I start the rig it plays me a billion-view song while I hit the auto start/stop button and go about my day.

OP
OP
BroncoTrail

BroncoTrail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sorry
I'd pay $1,500+ to have a good jingle professionally installed on my Bronco.

Then every.single.time I start the rig it plays me a billion-view song while I hit the auto start/stop button and go about my day.
I am sorry that you've been waiting three years for your Bronco. :(

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Never heard of ceramic undercoating. Have any details on this? Sounds... Interesting. Would seem incredibly difficult to apply to an uneven and unpainted surface
It’s amazing! My guy charged me about $800. It won’t last forever, especially moving joints, but oh my…I will pay it again when it starts to need to be reapplied.

the time & energy it saved me…worth the price of admission.

My installer said it used more ceramic than being applied to paint because of the waste when trying to spray on at all the different angles.

coachoates

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It’s amazing! My guy charged me about $800. It won’t last forever, especially moving joints, but oh my…I will pay it again when it starts to need to be reapplied.

the time & energy it saved me…worth the price of admission.

My installer said it used more ceramic than being applied to paint because of the waste when trying to spray on at all the different angles.
And when I wash it…it looks brand new! Show room new

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I picked this up for my power washer today to wash the undercarriage. Haven’t tried it yet but I’m sure it’ll knock mud off easily.
Ford Bronco Bronco is CAKED in hardened mud! BAC0F94D-C359-4A2B-88B7-8A1A5F6A3E31

Sponsored

Bronco1971

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Bronco has mud caked all over it - pretty thick in some spots too and a lot of it has hardened. It's actually worse than in this particular photo.

What are the steps that you would take, including products and chemicals, to wash this thing and make it look showroom fresh again? And what's the best way to wash the undercarriage?

I have a ceramic coat on it so I'm sure some steps would not be necessary, such as clay bar, polish, etc.

Could leaving mud on it for a long period of time (how long?) cause any damage to the ceramic coat or paint?

Thanks!

Ford Bronco Bronco is CAKED in hardened mud! BAC0F94D-C359-4A2B-88B7-8A1A5F6A3E31
Drive it that way for a week. Badge or honor, no mall crawler here. :)

Seriously, with a rig that you're gonna use for off road duty you can't be too anal about the finish. Each pinstripe, Mar and dent tells a story. These aren't soulless mall duty appliances, they aren't artificial show cars, they are part of our own histories because the accompanied us where few dare.

7sKnuckledragger

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 1978 K5, 2007.5 Ram 2500, 2022 F150
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I remember when I first had my TJ and went muddin’. My neighbor from Louisiana showed me a trick. Grab a rain bird or similar sprinkler attachment, hook it to your hose and run it out to four driveway (if you have a slanted drive even better) and park your Bronco on top. Let the sprinkler run and come back later.
With mud you need to be careful when applying pressurized water. You can drive mud and rocks into CV boots, joints, frame holes etc and never get it out or worse cause damage. After cleaning underneath you can do the same for the exterior till the mud is gone then hose it off and wash with a really good (3D) soap.
After years of wheeling you won’t see me intentionally hitting any mud. I’ll drag my JEEPs over rocks the size of volkswagons but not in the mud.
Good luck

LockedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drive it that way for a week. Badge or honor, no mall crawler here. :)

Seriously, with a rig that you're gonna use for off road duty you can't be too anal about the finish. Each pinstripe, Mar and dent tells a story. These aren't soulless mall duty appliances, they aren't artificial show cars, they are part of our own histories because the accompanied us where few dare.
I could not agree more.

Mikerkelly

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bronco is CAKED in hardened mud! 20221112_133314

I like to think that when you build up multiple layers of mud it creates natural pin stripe protection.
Joking aside I've had good luck with just a jet Nozzle on a regular hose without a pressure washer. Although....I'm not gonna lie....making it shine feels like a waste of time. So far my Bronco has lived its life mud covered more than clean.
Sponsored

Last edited: