Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[From Bronco Nation]

Ford sent out these notes in a bulletin to dealers today.

BRONCO JULY PRODUCTION SCHEDULING MEMO

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling.

Background
  • Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity
  • Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month
  • Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July
  • July production scheduling begins next week, May 20
Scheduling Process Explained

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes
  • Soft Top Production Opportunity
    • Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 19, ahead of July production scheduling period
    • Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production
  • Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling
    • These commodities are in short supply for July production
    • Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders
  • Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling
    • These series will have limited July production due to hard top availability

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling.

Background
  • Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity
  • Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month
  • Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes
    • Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 19, ahead of July production scheduling period
    • Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production
    • Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders

Background

July Production Notes
MIC stands for Molded InCompetence. I guess if I want my Wildtrak 4 door SAS I will have to start subtracting some components to get it in production for July. Here is my new "Build to Order" Bronco:

Ford Bronco Bronco July 2021 Production Scheduling Memo 1621275166456
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roadrunner71

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So what's the big drawback of changing to a soft top? The back windshield wiper wiring only? I'm debating swapping to the soft top and then ordering black modular hardtop once available since I'm going Shadow black on my rig.
One drawback is that you can't rent a trailer from UHaul if you have a soft top. That may not be an issue for most people, so I'm just mentioning it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over the weekend wife said “why dont I just get the soft top on her 4dr BL since she’s already ordering another 4dr BL for MY22 with the top that she really wants. MiIC was never it. It was always white mod top.”

I want to tell her to go drive my jeep on the highway w/ the soft top at 70mph and then tell me if she feels the same way about switching her order to a soft top. Cant even talk on the dang phone.

davidd4216

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
[From Bronco Nation]

Background

July Production Notes
I texted my dealer about this to ask about maybe removing at least the tow package and his response was "I didn't know Ford sent anything out about the tops and tow package." Should this worry me, or is this just his way of telling me to leave him alone about the Bronco?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I texted my dealer about this to ask about maybe removing at least the tow package and his response was "I didn't know Ford sent anything out about the tops and tow package." Should this worry me, or is this just his way of telling me to leave him alone about the Bronco?
that's surprising. I had sent the memo to my dealer and verified it was accurate cause he got the same one. Probably ended up in his junk folder or he never got it. My salesman said his manager sent it to him so maybe Ford only sent it to the managers and it was never forwarded to your guy

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i mean we know more than most dealers

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
[From Bronco Nation]

Background

July Production Notes
Everyone needs to hold their ground on thier build and keep the pressure on Ford to solve their own problems vs. the buyer taking concession after concession. Are you end up with something like this
[From Bronco Nation]

Background

July Production Notes
People need to hold their ground on their builds and place the pressure back on Ford to fix it without us making concessions. If not your build and price will end up like this:

Ford Bronco Bronco July 2021 Production Scheduling Memo 1621285305676

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build week is July 19th (supposedly)so it looks like some hardtops are being scheduled, for Canada at least.

I have an MIC hard top 2dr Badlands with High Package on 33 beadlocks with tow package, brush guard(as mentioned) and roof rack.

September delivery maybe?

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
that's surprising. I had sent the memo to my dealer and verified it was accurate cause he got the same one. Probably ended up in his junk folder or he never got it. My salesman said his manager sent it to him so maybe Ford only sent it to the managers and it was never forwarded to your guy
They probably only needed a few hundred to switch for July, so mission accomplished using the lackluster email attention from most salespeople and managers. It was baked into the concept. :)

mdfelton19

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just wish I’d get something on my build

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FFS just put a fucking soft top on my FE Ford. This is ridiculous. How hard can it be to mold a plastic roof. You'd think it was some sort of crazy space age tech rather than what it really is - something the competition has been doing just fine for decades. Ford needs to kick Webasto to the curb. They clearly have to plans to get the job done right.
Maybe this will make switching to soft top easier for you.

Webasto owns 11 locations in China, including in Wuhan.[2] In late January 2020, the company disclosed that five of its workers had tested positive to SARS-CoV-2.[3][4][5] This was reportedly one of the first cases of person-to-person transmission of the virus outside China.[5]

The outbreak was handled internally within the company.[6] The story was initially reported in the Wall Street Journal as a case of successful containment of the outbreak.[1] By March 2020, genome studies tracking mutations of the virus suggested that the Webasto outbreak had not been successfully contained, and was linked to a 'decent part' of the overall coronavirus outbreak in Europe.[7] Genetic sequencing also linked the cluster of cases at Webasto's headquarters to the virus outbreak in northern Italy. [8] In May 2020 some medical disprove this assumptions and confirm that the Webasto case remained isolated,[9] while in July other studies identified the most common Italian strain as coming from Germany.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webasto

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Webasto owns 11 locations in China, including in Wuhan.[2] In late January 2020, the company disclosed that five of its workers had tested positive to SARS-CoV-2.[3][4][5] This was reportedly one of the first cases of person-to-person transmission of the virus outside China.[5]

The outbreak was handled internally within the company.[6] The story was initially reported in the Wall Street Journal as a case of successful containment of the outbreak.[1] By March 2020, genome studies tracking mutations of the virus suggested that the Webasto outbreak had not been successfully contained, and was linked to a 'decent part' of the overall coronavirus outbreak in Europe.[7] Genetic sequencing also linked the cluster of cases at Webasto's headquarters to the virus outbreak in northern Italy. [8] In May 2020 some medical disprove this assumptions and confirm that the Webasto case remained isolated,[9] while in July other studies identified the most common Italian strain as coming from Germany.[10]

No soft tops for FE.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Webasto makes the Soft Top too...
Sponsored