murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Clubs

Well... I guess the silver lining (for my son) is that I'll be forced to buy an interim car. And what he wants is an old Toyota pickup. I'd better get on craigslist and plan for this hand-me-down...

Advertisement

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
[From Bronco Nation]

Ford sent out these notes in a bulletin to dealers today.

BRONCO JULY PRODUCTION SCHEDULING MEMO

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling.

Background
  • Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity
  • Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month
  • Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July
  • July production scheduling begins next week, May 20
Scheduling Process Explained

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes
  • Soft Top Production Opportunity
    • Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 19, ahead of July production scheduling period
    • Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production
  • Trailer Tow & Safari Bar Scheduling
    • These commodities are in short supply for July production
    • Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders
  • Wildtrak & First Edition Scheduling
    • These series will have limited July production due to hard top availability

Below is information to support conversations with your Bronco order holders about the upcoming July Production scheduling.

Background
  • Ford is investing millions of dollars to match production to orders by stockpiling parts and increasing capacity
  • Continued challenges with hard top production will result in significantly more soft tops as % of production for July production; Reminder that mixes will shift by month
  • Additionally, trailer tow and safari bar will be key scheduling constraints in July

Ford's production process is dynamic and based on a number of real time factors including reservation timestamp, orders available for scheduling, part availability, and the number of Bronco vehicles each dealer receives. While timestamp is a key factor, the scheduling system will continue to go down the list until it finds a clean/eligible order based on that month’s production requirements and part availability. Make sure all your orders are ready for scheduling.

July Production Notes
    • Customers looking to get their Bronco as soon as possible should consider changing their order from hard top to soft top by May 19, ahead of July production scheduling period
    • Based on current mix of soft top production and the number of available orders in order bank, a large number of soft top orders with very late time stamps will schedule for July production
    • Encourage customers that want to get their Bronco’s earlier to remove these options from their orders

Background

July Production Notes
MIC stands for Molded InCompetence. I guess if I want my Wildtrak 4 door SAS I will have to start subtracting some components to get it in production for July. Here is my new "Build to Order" Bronco:

1621275166456.png

Last edited:

Roadrunner71

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
So what's the big drawback of changing to a soft top? The back windshield wiper wiring only? I'm debating swapping to the soft top and then ordering black modular hardtop once available since I'm going Shadow black on my rig.
One drawback is that you can't rent a trailer from UHaul if you have a soft top. That may not be an issue for most people, so I'm just mentioning it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 GC Trailhawk, ‘05 LJ, ‘17 F150 3.5 Screw
Over the weekend wife said “why dont I just get the soft top on her 4dr BL since she’s already ordering another 4dr BL for MY22 with the top that she really wants. MiIC was never it. It was always white mod top.”

I want to tell her to go drive my jeep on the highway w/ the soft top at 70mph and then tell me if she feels the same way about switching her order to a soft top. Cant even talk on the dang phone.

davidd4216

Big Bend
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
[From Bronco Nation]

Background

July Production Notes
I texted my dealer about this to ask about maybe removing at least the tow package and his response was "I didn't know Ford sent anything out about the tops and tow package." Should this worry me, or is this just his way of telling me to leave him alone about the Bronco?

Chrism81

Base
First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Clubs

I texted my dealer about this to ask about maybe removing at least the tow package and his response was "I didn't know Ford sent anything out about the tops and tow package." Should this worry me, or is this just his way of telling me to leave him alone about the Bronco?
that's surprising. I had sent the memo to my dealer and verified it was accurate cause he got the same one. Probably ended up in his junk folder or he never got it. My salesman said his manager sent it to him so maybe Ford only sent it to the managers and it was never forwarded to your guy

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
i mean we know more than most dealers

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Lee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
[From Bronco Nation]

Background

July Production Notes
Everyone needs to hold their ground on thier build and keep the pressure on Ford to solve their own problems vs. the buyer taking concession after concession. Are you end up with something like this
[From Bronco Nation]

Background

July Production Notes
People need to hold their ground on their builds and place the pressure back on Ford to fix it without us making concessions. If not your build and price will end up like this:

1621285305676.png

Winkydee

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Econoline Cargo Van
Clubs

Build week is July 19th (supposedly)so it looks like some hardtops are being scheduled, for Canada at least.

I have an MIC hard top 2dr Badlands with High Package on 33 beadlocks with tow package, brush guard(as mentioned) and roof rack.

September delivery maybe?

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport
that's surprising. I had sent the memo to my dealer and verified it was accurate cause he got the same one. Probably ended up in his junk folder or he never got it. My salesman said his manager sent it to him so maybe Ford only sent it to the managers and it was never forwarded to your guy
They probably only needed a few hundred to switch for July, so mission accomplished using the lackluster email attention from most salespeople and managers. It was baked into the concept. :)

Advertisement

Apollo Optics

Advertisement