First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I caved today, because I was able to make a build I was completely happy with while avoiding every single sin. The dealership manager said Ford only selected 6 so far out of his 100 + allocations, and they went as far down as #50 on the list to skip due to builds with sins. I’m #17 so I’m hoping this changes things for me. He said some switched to soft top, but not a lot.
Sponsored

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is Ford even going to have enough hard tops for the builds they’ve already scheduled?

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Webasto makes the Soft Top too...
I've personally yet to see anyone post proof of this, and considering ford is also working with Bestop (the fastbacks and sunriders), AND how similar the factory soft top is to a Bestop Supertop, I'd be surprised if that were true. I'll concede if someone can show me otherwise though.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've personally yet to see anyone post proof of this, and considering ford is also working with Bestop (the fastbacks and sunriders), AND how similar the factory soft top is to a Bestop Supertop, I'd be surprised if that were true. I'll concede if someone can show me otherwise though.
The worker from Webesto that was on here for a while said they were making them. DOn't know why he would lie.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't give a crap what you "concede" to, or are "surprised" about. I posted an absolute fact. Do your own research if you want proof, or just keep being wrong.

Sponsored

Air Dude

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M3, Z3 F type Jag
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As I read all the info put out through official ford channels and the inside leakers. It's evident Ford executed an excellent promotion program. However, they are unable to deliver on there promises. They asked their perspective buyers to anti up a $100 fee to have the privlage of getting a new bronco which all of us willing did. Once they had our money, the naritive has changed. I have yet to hear even a wisper of Ford compensating us for our blind loyalty. If Ford truly cared about their customer base, they would offer an MSRP discount for those of us who blindly believed they would deliver on time. We don't want to hear their cry baby problems. They are a huge corporation. Suck it up, adapt to your enviorment and get it done! Or give me a big discount for my wait.

Air Dude

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As I read all the info put out through official ford channels and the inside leakers. It's evident Ford executed an excellent promotion program. However, they are unable to deliver on there promises. They asked their perspective buyers to anti up a $100 fee to have the privlage of getting a new bronco which all of us willing did. Once they had our money, the naritive has changed. I have yet to hear even a wisper of Ford compensating us for our blind loyalty. If Ford truly cared about their customer base, they would offer an MSRP discount for those of us who blindly believed they would deliver on time. We don't want to hear their cry baby problems. They are a huge corporation. Suck it up, adapt to your enviorment and get it done! Or give me a big discount for my wait.

Air Dude
I get your passion for wanting the vehicle but you know its not Ford's problem solely with respect to part shortages.

I remodeled a kitchen last October and there was still a huge backorder on appliances, like 5 month backorders on a specific oven and fridge.

I was out by Long Beach, CA a month ago and there was still a huge traffic jam of container ships waiting to unload and load at the ports. I imagine that is common almost everywhere.

COVID wreaked some havoc, not only on lives.

Qman68

Outer Banks
First Name
Q
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang V6 prem, 98 Jeep Cherokee LTD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did you guys in Canada get your VIN? From the dealer or from FoMoCo via email? My salesguy TOLD me I have a VIN but I haven't seen it yet or heard anything from Ford.

Thanks
Dealership GM emailed my VIN. Ask your salesperson for your VIN. For 60k you are allowed to 'bother' your salesperson.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealership GM emailed my VIN. Ask your salesperson for your VIN. For 60k you are allowed to 'bother' your salesperson.
My Dealer called me to give me my order date and then i followed up with him a couple of days later to get my VIN

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If Webasto doesn't get their shit together I wouldn't be surprised to see pichforks and torches in front of their building. Those idiots are going to push alot of us 7/13-14 folks into 22MY because they can't pump out anything. They SERIOUSLY need to get their shit together.
Webasto's beefing up their legal team. Anticipating legal action? Also anticipating lots of foreign hires.

Associate General Counsel (webasto.com)

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good lawyer can get you out of a contract, there are so many reasons, failure to produce, failure to deliver, quality failures, quanity failures, etc.

Lets just hope Ford was smart and they have invested in another supplier so they are not sole source. In fact, maybe they already have and are leaving the MIC tops with Webasto and the new supplier is working on the mod tops.
Webasto is looking for a good lawyer! Associate General Counsel (webasto.com)

Bronco wannabe

Base
First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fords
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't give a crap what you "concede" to, or are "surprised" about. I posted an absolute fact. Do your own research if you want proof, or just keep being wrong.
FYI, the factory soft top doesn't impress me much. Another aftermarket company(I don't want to say who yet) is making a soft top and their's is much, much nicer than the factory top. I would wait and buy a soft top from the aftermarket biz if that's what I was after.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Another aftermarket company(I don't want to say who yet) is making a soft top and their's is much, much nicer than the factory top.
4-door only, or 2-door also?