Sponsored

bronco just arrived at dealer. Dealer not honoring the pre mid year price increase.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call
800-334-4375
They can give you your certificate information over the phone. I was given mine without having a VIN or build date.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct I am just looking for the recent mid 22 year price protection for order that were not altered. I ordered in December. Dealer says I’m paying the new sticker price

EDIT: also send me your email, I'll see if you have a certificate in your name
[/

firecapt

Badlands
First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct I am just looking for the recent mid 22 year price protection for order that were not altered. I ordered in December. Dealer says I’m paying the new sticker price

EDIT: also send me your email, I'll see if you have a certificate in your name
[/
I'd recommend thoroughly reviewing the Mid March update from Granger Ford to see exactly what price protect your are and are not entitled to, based on your situation:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-mid-march-update-from-granger-ford.39234/

Many of us have gone through this mid year price increase and are still working with our dealers after delivery. Read and re-read the above post and that should make you at least as or more informed than your dealer so you know where Ford stands.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

There should be a rebate/refund the dealer receives and should pass on to you in about 45 days. (some dealers have honored the rebate price at time of purchase and some haven't.)

If you didn't change door number, 4x4 type, LUX/High/Mid, or Series (EX: Badlands to Wildtrak) you qualify for the Retail price protection between the MY22 and MY22.5 prices.

They should know how the retail price protection works from MY22 to MY22.5.......

OP
OP

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There should be a rebate/refund the dealer receives and should pass on to you in about 45 days. (some dealers have honored the rebate price at time of purchase and some haven't.)

If you didn't change door number, 4x4 type, LUX/High/Mid, or Series (EX: Badlands to Wildtrak) you qualify for the Retail price protection between the MY22 and MY22.5 prices.

They should know how the retail price protection works from MY22 to MY22.5.......
Should* bunch of sketch per usual. I shouldn’t have to explain how things work to them.

Sponsored

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Should* bunch of sketch per usual. I shouldn’t have to explain how things work to them.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/hoss-3-0-and-on-road-performance.39095/post-1322854

This post I made earlier, is clips of my dealer and I discussing adding HOSS to my WT order and me specifically asking about Retail Price Protection before I added it. Looks like mine, sells at new sticker, but gives you the rebate. He didn't clarify when that happens, just that it does. Sucks cause it seems like $120ish extra dollars of taxes, but whatever.

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they are trying to double dip. Get you to pay the mid year price increase and then they will get a check from ford for the $1800 for the price increase that wasnt supposed to be charged to you.

OP
OP

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

they are trying to double dip. Get you to pay the mid year price increase and then they will get a check from ford for the $1800 for the price increase that wasnt supposed to be charged to you.
This is what I suspected. Sick of dealerships trying to play ignorant. I love this group because I always go into deals knowing the numbers, then they always act surprised like They have no idea what I’m talking about. How do I know more spending 20 minutes researching after my 13 hour day at the hospital than these dealerships who literally work all day there? Why not be transparent. It makes me so furious.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Someone explain "Retail Price Protection" to me. Use small words.

I missed the MY21 price protection by 2 weeks , but placed my MY22 order in October like everyone else.

So, based on the Granger post (thanks for the link) it appears that my order is protected from the 22.5 price increase since I haven't changed anything since we were forced to reorder last October

So, an aditional $800 from MY21 to MY22, but not the $1500 from Job#1 to Job#2.

Last edited:
OP
OP

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Someone explain "Retail Price Protection" to me. Use small words.

I missed the MY21 price protection by 2 weeks , but placed my MY22 order in October like everyone else.

So, based on the Granger post (thanks for the link) it appears that my order is protected from the 22.5 price increase since I haven't changed anything since we were forced to reorder last October

So, an aditional $800 from MY21 to MY22, but not the $1500 from Job#1 to Job#2.
That’s how I understand it as well. Hopefully your dealer isn’t “unaware” or playing the ignorance game and try to sneak it past you like mine is.

Sponsored

Rickey498

Big Bend
First Name
Rickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If I signed a price agreement when I order the bronco or a F150 shouldn’t the dealer honor that price that we agreed upon?

Swabodda

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex, Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have your dealer call their Ford Rep. This is what we did and all is right in the world now. There is no certificate for the mid year increase and SmartVincent does not apply. It's a rebate back to the dealer. I thought our dealer was feigning ignorance but it turns out they actually had no idea as we were the first to bring it up to them.

OP
OP

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have your dealer call their Ford Rep. This is what we did and all is right in the world now. There is no certificate for the mid year increase and SmartVincent does not apply. It's a rebate back to the dealer. I thought our dealer was feigning ignorance but it turns out they actually had no idea as we were the first to bring it up to them.
good to know! maybe it really is ignorance. I have a feeling I would never see the rebate check from them 1 month from now If I didnt mention anything though haha.

OP
OP

ATbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Where does the dealer see the 1250 mid year price protection on their end? Does customer service also says I pay the original pre March 7th price but dealer says in smart Vincent they don’t show any way to factor it, and are saying they have no idea about this.
How do I explain to them now to do this correctly

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As mentioned before, the price you will see on your MSRP will be the updated price. A price protection rebate is supposed be applied on the contract for the difference. In my case, I think I had $875 applied. You will not see it applied on your window sticker. Just be sure it gets applied in the contract so it get's deducted prior to taking delivery. Technically if you sign the contract and walk out with the car, it will be hard to get it back later.
Sponsored