nosaj525

Base
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 325i Wagon
I swapped my Fox suspension with King 3.0's and King's feel like a massive upgrade. Not sure I'll do it to my Bronco or not yet.
Nice! I'm curious which part of your performance was upgraded? Ride comfort, control at high speeds in bumpy terrain.. etc. Would love to hear more

Advertisement

JustinC

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
Nice! I'm curious which part of your performance was upgraded? Ride comfort, control at high speeds in bumpy terrain.. etc. Would love to hear more
Kings make you feel more in control. They are softer.They make bumps or railroad tracks don’t even feel like they are even there. Fox would make you “feel” the road more but Kings make you feel more in control if that makes sense.

shdwblckRS

First Name
Talbot
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door on 40's, 2017 Focus RS
Kings make you feel more in control. They are softer.They make bumps or railroad tracks don’t even feel like they are even there. Fox wou
I read this whole thread to see the last comment is spot on when it comes to Kings haha. I do find it somewhat comical that even though few have actually gotten real world, long term seat time they're still saying the factory coilovers are better.

JustinC

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
I read this whole thread to see the last comment is spot on when it comes to Kings haha. I do find it somewhat comical that even though few have actually gotten real world, long term seat time they're still saying the factory coilovers are better.
I mean, I’m coming from the Raptor world. I’ve experienced 2 Gen 1 Raptors. One with full stock suspension and now this one with a fully built Stage 4 Rogue suspension with Kings. I’m not saying I know everything but I also find it comical that people think the stock Bilsteins will be just as good as Kings. That’s just plain foolish.

shdwblckRS

First Name
Talbot
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler 2 door on 40's, 2017 Focus RS
I mean, I’m coming from the Raptor world. I’ve experienced 2 Gen 1 Raptors. One with full stock suspension and now this one with a fully built Stage 4 Rogue suspension with Kings. I’m not saying I know everything but I also find it comical that people think the stock Bilsteins will be just as good as Kings. That’s just plain foolish.
100% agreed. I get the stock bilsteins are good, I sell a shit ton of them as upgrades over most factory suspension. However, to say an aftermarket company like King hasn’t invested R&D into their product is just plain ignorant. When you can call them with corner weights of your rig and they can custom build you the exact valved and spring rate coilover they know wtf they’re doing. Plus they’re hand assembled!

JustinC

Black Diamond
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor
100% agreed. I get the stock bilsteins are good, I sell a shit ton of them as upgrades over most factory suspension. However, to say an aftermarket company like King hasn’t invested R&D into their product is just plain ignorant. When you can call them with corner weights of your rig and they can custom build you the exact valved and spring rate coilover they know wtf they’re doing. Plus they’re hand assembled!
Yeah exactly.When people laugh and say “Wow! $4k for suspension?!?! What a rip off!” I laugh at that kind of stuff. Quality costs money. It’s as simple as that. Most wouldn’t want to know how much my suspension in my Raptor is! It’s almost embarrassing.

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Clubs

Anybody who puts these on their Sasquatch, I will buy your lightly used Bilsteins for my Base. 🤙
I was thinking the same thing! Bilsteins would be nice on my BD.

Gaggs11

Badlands
First Name
Gagik
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ GT3, 19’ Cayenne, 20’ Model S, 87’ Supra
Kings make you feel more in control. They are softer.They make bumps or railroad tracks don’t even feel like they are even there. Fox would make you “feel” the road more but Kings make you feel more in control if that makes sense.
I have to disagree!
I had Kings on my late 2010 4Runner and 2016 Ram 4x4 ecodiesel. In both cases, I paid over 3,5k for the sets. The ride in both was much harsher than stock. It was literally uncomfortable driving on gravel roads.

It did add more control on highway driving since everything was stiffer.

Possibly, if you get them with both compression and rebound adjusters, you can make them softer. But their factory adjusted set up is much stiffer and harsher than stock.

Silver-Bolt

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5
People also need to know that bypass shocks make noise. They are not silent like a factory shock. You will hear clicking of the valving, possibly some spring squeak, etc. They are a big improvement in strength, durability, tunability, but that comes at a cost. If people think that $4k is expensive for quality suspension, hold on to you hats because that is entry level for quality components.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler
People also need to know that bypass shocks make noise. They are not silent like a factory shock. You will hear clicking of the valving, possibly some spring squeak, etc. They are a big improvement in strength, durability, tunability, but that comes at a cost. If people think that $4k is expensive for quality suspension, hold on to you hats because that is entry level for quality components.

:LOL::LOL: Got that right. Wait to see how bad the crying is when the price of those portals comes out.

Too many here don't understand, or are new to the "off-road" world, or they have grown accustom to have that jeep fit 35's + with 400 bucks of lift.

nosaj525

Base
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 325i Wagon
Gotcha.. that's good to know. Definitely keeping Kings on my radar. Thnx

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts

Advertisement