Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a featured trail write-up that I hope will be of interest to all Bronco enthusiasts, especially those who own/will own a 6G.

I recently saw a photo taken by a fellow Bronco enthusiast who goes by Utah.Bronco on Instagram, which showed latitude and longitude coordinates (easter egg) hidden on the new 2021 Ford Bronco.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates Bronco Easter Egg Coordinates Bronco Knoll

I was extremely curious about where the coordinates were pointing, and was delighted to discover that the secret location was in Johnson Valley OHV Area, just a few hours from where I live. I had never been to JV before, but always wanted to go, so I began researching the area and planning a trip. I couldn't think of a more fitting day to visit the spot than New Years Day 2021, to celebrate the first day of the year of the new Bronco!

The coordinates are on the top of a small hill in the Northwestern part of the OHV area, about 5 miles East by Northeast of Cougar Buttes, just West of Anderson Dry Lake, and about 500 feet above the surrounding valley. I used Google Earth to scout out the three routes that I considered to be the most likely to allow me to get up the hill in my completely stock 1991 Bronco XLT.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates Bronco Knoll 001

I first attempted the Southern route, but the steep 35%+ hill climb with loose rocks and gravel proved to be too steep. (I may try it again next time with lower pressure in the tires.) Since I couldn't make it that way, I drove to around to the South end of Anderson Dry Lake and ascended the hill on the slightly less steep route up the East side of the hill. Here I encountered a couple of rocky ledges and took a little minor damage to a tube step, but was able to make it.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates 20210105_165728

At the top, the trail turns to the West and follows the ridge to a somewhat prominent peak, with a relatively wide flat spot. At this point, I turned on the GPS (Locus app on my phone) and walked the last few feet to the precise location.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates Screenshot_20210101-104100_Locus Ma

I half expected to find a plaque or memorial left there by the Ford Bronco testing team (T-shirts on the Ford Bronco amazon store tout Johnson Valley as "The Original Proving Ground", and many of the reveal photos and videos were shot there). Instead, I found nothing but rocks and great views. Being a land surveyor by profession, and having a penchant for monuments marking unique and special locations, I naturally raised a small cairn to mark the spot and named it Bronco Knoll.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates 20210101_104938

On the descent, I attempted the third route, but was soon blocked by a very narrow rocky pass on a sidehill trail that I didn't dare attempt without supporting vehicles, and was forced to go back the way I had come. Maybe another day.

I'll be back in Johnson Valley again later this month and/or early next month for King of the Hammers, and will gladly lead a group of other adventurous souls to the site. I hope many Bronco owners will visit Bronco Knoll in the future and add a stone to the pile!

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates 20210101_105604

(Send me a PM if you'd like to have a kml file of the routes.)
[Edited for typos]
Sponsored

Last edited:

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't wait for the day I'm cruising west out to Nevada in my bronco! Cool breeze on my hair. Headed down the highway of Valley of Fire.. down to Johnson Valley...then hop over to Death Valley see the racetrack playa!! Def hope this stays enacted for years be a stopping point in my adventure!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a featured trail write-up that I hope will be of interest to all Bronco enthusiasts, especially those who own/will own a 6G.

I recently saw a photo taken by a fellow Bronco enthusiast who goes by Utah.Bronco on Instagram, which showed latitude and longitude coordinates easter egg hidden on the new 2021 Ford Bronco.

Ford Bronco Bronco Knoll Named and Marked From Easter Egg Coordinates 20210101_105604

I was extremely curious about where the coordinates were pointing, and was delighted to discover that the secret location was in Johnson Valley OHV Area, just a few hours from where I live. I had never been to JV before, but always wanted to go, so I began researching the area and planning a trip. I couldn't think of a more fitting day to visit the spot than New Years Day 2021, to celebrate the first day of the year of the new Bronco!

The coordinates are on the top of a small hill in the Northwestern part of the OHV area, about 5 miles East by Northeast of Cougar Buttes, just West of Anderson Dry Lake, and about 500 feet above the surrounding valley. I used Google Earth to scout out the three routes that I considered to be the most likely to allow me to get up the hill in my completely stock 1991 Bronco XLT.

I first attempted the Southern route, but the steep 35%+ hill climb with loose rocks and gravel proved to be too steep. (I may try it again next time with lower pressure in the tires.) Since I couldn't make it that way, I drove to around to the South end of Anderson Dry Lake and ascended the hill on the slightly less steep route up the East side of the hill. Here I encountered a couple of rocky ledges and took a little minor damage to a tube step, but was able to make it.

At the top, the trail turns to the West and follows the ridge to a somewhat prominent peak, with a relatively wide flat spot. At this point, I turned on the GPS (Locus app on my phone) and walked the last few feet to the precise location.

I half expected to find a plaque or memorial left there by the Ford Bronco testing team (T-shirts on the Ford Bronco amazon store tout Johnson Valley as "The Original Proving Ground", and many of the reveal photos and videos were shot there). Instead, I found nothing but rocks and great views. Being a land surveyor by profession, and having a penchant for monuments marking unique and special locations, I naturally raised a small cairn to mark the spot and named it Bronco Knoll.

On the descent, I attempted the third route, but was soon blocked by a very narrow rocky pass on a sidehill trail that I didn't dare attempt without supporting vehicles, and was forced to go back the way I had come. Maybe another day.

I'll be back in Johnson Valley again later this month and/or early next month for King of the Hammers, and will gladly lead a group of other adventurous souls to the site. I hope many Bronco owners will visit Bronco Knoll in the future and add a stone to the pile!

[Edited for typos]

If some day the wife wins the lottery I will make it there but being on the east coast, that is a loooooong drive. Not that I wouldn't do it. I just can't take that much time off work. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maybe after retirement.;) I think I am looking more forward to KOH than ordering my Bronc. It would be awesome to only be a few hours away. Love the rock rash man. It's all part of wheeling. Like I said in another post you don't have to bash the fenders off it, but it's gonna take some damage.
It's that feeling of accomplishment at the end that makes it all worth it.

Thanks for marking our Bronco's birthplace :ROFLMAO: and thanks for posting. (y)(y)

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If some day the wife wins the lottery I will make it there but being on the east coast, that is a loooooong drive. Not that I wouldn't do it. I just can't take that much time off work. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Maybe after retirement.;) I think I am looking more forward to KOH than ordering my Bronc. It would be awesome to only be a few hours away. Love the rock rash man. It's all part of wheeling. Like I said in another post you don't have to bash the fenders off it, but it's gonna take some damage.
It's that feeling of accomplishment at the end that makes it all worth it.

Thanks for marking our Bronco's birthplace :ROFLMAO: and thanks for posting. (y)(y)
KOH been on my list for years. Wanted to this year but with ordering the bronco I'm saving my vacation for September road trip. I would of loved to have went though. So hopefully few years. I really wanna do Alaska 22!

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there's nothing obvious at that location, then what are people's guesses for what happened there? Somebody took a whiz or buried a deuce? Wrap party? Something broke?

Thanks for finding Bronco Mecca!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If there's nothing obvious at that location, then what are people's guesses for what happened there? Somebody took a whiz or buried a deuce? Wrap party? Something broke?

Thanks for finding Bronco Mecca!

I looked up the coordinates on googlemaps and the first thing I said to the wife. ..... Wow, they were out testing Bronc and had to stop for a pee break and said this looks like a good spot. Hit the button and just used those coordinates.

? ?

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently saw a photo taken by a fellow Bronco enthusiast who goes by Utah.Bronco on Instagram, which showed latitude and longitude coordinates easter egg hidden on the new 2021 Ford Bronco.

[Edited for typos]
Love it!! No man made plaque, just an incredible view!!

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna love seeing the pics of folks out there with their Broncos placing their rock! I have one I collected at Moab last year that will go very nice there!

Sponsored

Benzo

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many to list
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very cool. It looks like the mountains on the Easter egg match the view picture Torgsurv took. He is just in front of the peak.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Being a land surveyor by profession, and having a penchant for monuments marking unique and special locations, I naturally raised a small cairn to mark the spot and named it Bronco Knoll.

I hope many Bronco owners will visit Bronco Knoll in the future and add a stone to the pile!
Way cool! I bet this rock pile gets pretty big.

OP
OP
Torgsurv

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model