Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After delivering some not-so-great news earlier on the Webasto front, I figured my brothers and sisters here were due for some encouraging news out of MAP.

Today marked the first day that the Bronco body shop matched the Ranger body shop output 1:1 with around 120 bodies completed in one *shift* This isn't a final assembly number, but it's a huge first step.

Daily Bronco totals off of Final Assembly should hit at least 150 by next week.

Over the next several weeks, the FA blend will elevate to produce 3 Broncos to 1 Ranger. By the time all systems are at full speed in early August, expect a 5:1 or even 7:1 ratio to protect as much of the 2021 forecast as possible.

While there are obvious commodity issues impacting which builds can be scheduled, the biggest hindrance in overall raw production numbers for Bronco remains within the closure lines... especially the door stations. These cycle times have not yet been set as procedures are still being adjusted.

Even with all the commodity issues, Bronco production is right on track for the timeline we've been discussing for months. I know individual build delays are frustrating, but they're ramping up to pump them out just as quickly as they can.
Sponsored

Broncoup

Wildtrak
First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974-Bronco; 2014-Grand Cherokee-Summit
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After delivering some not-so-great news earlier on the Webasto front, I figured my brothers and sisters here were due for some encouraging news out of MAP.

Today marked the first day that the Bronco body shop matched the Ranger body shop output 1:1 with around 120 bodies completed in one *shift* This isn't a final assembly number, but it's a huge first step.

Over the next several weeks, the FA blend will elevate to produce 3 Broncos to 1 Ranger. By the time all systems are at full speed in early August, expect a 5:1 or even 7:1 ratio to protect as much of the 2021 forecast as possible.

While there are obvious commodity issues impacting which builds can be scheduled, the biggest hindrance in overall raw production numbers for Bronco remains within the closure lines... especially the door stations. These cycle times have not yet been set as procedures are still being adjusted.

Even with all the commodity issues, Bronco production is right on track for the timeline we've been discussing for months. I know individual build delays are frustrating, but they're ramping up to pump them out just as quickly as they can.
Thank you for the update

Sponsored
OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Any update on the Webasto front?
From the other thread:

Webasto update with a little clarity:

Production output for the last 2 weeks has actually been fairly high, enough to keep the previously-scheduled MIC builds moving. However, that production mostly came at the hands of Ford employees working through their respective shutdowns. Most Ford workers will transition from Plymouth back to their normal plants on Monday.

There will be a dip in output as the new teams are trained and brought up to speed. Ford's presence in management and engineering at the plant will not change for the foreseeable future.

Things are moving in the right direction... slowly.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the update! Really appreciated.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully that means the next scheduling block is gonna be a party if it's for August Builds

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have no clue what you just said ... BUT it sounds positive.

(y)

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs