First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Ford Bronco Ranger Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If true, it would be great for camping out in it, as well as keeping the bugs out while driving.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/ford-might-give-the-bronco-screen-doors

ford-bronco-screen-doors-lead-image.jpg

Ford Might Give the Bronco Screen Doors
Honestly, it seems like a good idea.

Yes, it seems like the Dearborn automaker has taken more than a cursory look at adding retractable screens to its vehicles with removable doors and roof panels… like the Bronco. The system—as its name, "SCREEN DEPLOYABLE ACROSS OPENING IN VEHICLE BODY," indicates—is pretty simple. If the doors and roof panels are removed, the driver can push a button on a touchscreen and screens stored on spring-loaded spools will quickly extend with help from some chains and an electric motor. Easy, right?

The patent app notes that the system would have logic to determine whether the roof panels and doors have been removed before the screens would become available to deploy. Once it’s clear the system is ready to use, chains located in the pillars will pull them down across the door openings.

ford-bronco-screen-doors-inline-A.jpg

ford-bronco-screen-doors-inline-B.jpg

Rest of article at https://www.thedrive.com/news/ford-might-give-the-bronco-screen-doors
Sponsored

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interesting, I could see it having its place with a very small niche of people. But it seems about as useful as a reservation (not very). 😉

Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

right. we can't get a stable windshield and two revisions of the mic and it's still iffy. no mod top yet.

pass on the screens. look like a deadliest catch reject and the screens will be tattered in weeks. good idea, zero faith in execution.

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something for the windows would be great when car camping. The screen as a whole door idea seems a bit overboard.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
rock chips, cracks, 90d design, and strength.
Oh - thanks. I wasn't aware of any issues.

I live in a place that everyone gets a rock chip/crack at least once a year - regardless of any other factors. In the past 4 years, I've had to replace a windshield in a Palisade, a 330i, a Sonata, and a Silverado.

My X3 made it a whole month before a giant crack - had to replace windshield. The Bronco made it 4 months.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

should be an option on the Everglades. Oh and if Ford figures it out, there's Corning Gorilla windshield glass option for Jeeps, just a hard concept.