Sponsored

Bronco may not be eligible for Xplan ( never mind clarification received)

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No it isn't a Shelby. It's just a vehicle that you needed a reservation for to get before dealers get. Production for 2021 MY is already said to push INTO 2022. It's the hottest release from Ford in ages. And DOING OVER $5k? You kind of say that like it's ok for Above MSRP as long as it's only up to $4,999 over?

You don't drive up to Jersey much? We have plenty of asshole dealers that would mark this up!
If that is your case you might want to shop in other places than NJ. :)
Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So being realistic, even if you saved say $2000. That is the equivalent of about $40/mth on a 60 mth loan. That isn't really all that much if you're dropping 50k on a vehicle. And as far as dealer discounts on pricing, those are nice and all but many local dealers may charge you a bit more on purchase but throw in things like free oil changes, warranties, car washes, alignments etc. Which make up far more savings than $2k off the top IMO. You really need to do the long-term ownership math to see if that "amazing price" really is over 4-8 years.
I can see a dealer offering perks and value when they're actually having to work to make a sale, but not so much when they have the power to say "take it or wait another year to get your car." Considering how much Ford has already rolled back due to dealer pressure, it's clear our only power to keep the price down will be before October 31st when the reservation transfer system closes. After that, we're locked in and at their mercy if we want a car in 2021, and dealer reaction so far makes me think they're not going to be very generous with incentives/perks. So yeah, if I can save $2k now and like $400 in interest over the life of a loan, or use those savings as leverage to get a better deal at my local dealership, you can bet I'm going to do it.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see a dealer offering perks and value when they're actually having to work to make a sale, but not so much when they have the power to say "take it or wait another year to get your car." Considering how much Ford has already rolled back due to dealer pressure, it's clear our only power to keep the price down will be before October 31st when the reservation transfer system closes. After that, we're locked in and at their mercy if we want a car in 2021, and dealer reaction so far makes me think they're not going to be very generous with incentives/perks. So yeah, if I can save $2k now and like $400 in interest over the life of a loan, or use those savings as leverage to get a better deal at my local dealership, you can bet I'm going to do it.
So Apple Ford in Maryland offers you all those perks regardless if you buy a Shelby, Bronco or F150...same deal on all.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So can this whole shitshow thread be closed now, or even deleted from history?

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So Apple Ford in Maryland offers you all those perks regardless if you buy a Shelby, Bronco or F150...same deal on all.
That's a good deal! Like I said in my original post, I would prefer to buy local for a variety for reasons, but just haven't seen anything long term that would make it worthwhile to spend an extra $2k I don't need to.

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, the Bronco isn't a Shelby...... Doubt you'll find any larger dealer doing 5k over MSRP. At least that isn't going to be the case in the three major dealers I've seen in Maryland.
Every ford dealership in Hawaii had ADM of 3500 and up on every day cars. You should have seen what they were asking for a focus rs

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every ford dealership in Hawaii had ADM of 3500 and up on every day cars. You should have seen what they were asking for a focus rs
I've been in Hawaii, forget buying anything there. I feel bad for anyone paying those prices, but hell, they wanted to live on an island in the Pacific.....

OP
OP
Ricepuddin

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been in Hawaii, forget buying anything there. I feel bad for anyone paying those prices, but hell, they wanted to live on an island in the Pacific.....
Not everyone has a choice. It was really only ford and Kia that did it. Prices on Toyotas and Subaru's were pretty solid, Chevy was okay, BMW was normal BMW and I think

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't get X, A or Z until it's in the order system. In the past, my PIN has been used for a specific order. I do want to try and generate my PIN ASAP so it can count towards 2020 in case we need more than 2 Z plans next year (I think retirees get 2 still, but it changes). There is no indication the Bronco will not be eligible. In fact, there are several indications it will.
Does the PIN need to be valid at the time of order (December for our Broncos) or at the time of delivery, which is who-knows-when at this point?