zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But the Bronco brings back a really cool part of Americana that I love. Different than a Jeep. Just a western feel. A freedom thing. Can’t quite put my finger on it. I just like it’s vibe.
Exactly. Well put indeed!
I can’t put my finger on it either but I feel it’s vibe....it’s soul.
Sponsored

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But the Bronco brings back a really cool part of Americana that I love. Different than a Jeep. Just a western feel. A freedom thing. Can’t quite put my finger on it. I just like it’s vibe.
Agree!

Jeep has the heritage thing going as well, but there is something about Bronco that is cool. You said it well with “Americana” and “western feel.”

Squidma

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The first vehicle I ever remember riding in is my father’s 1984 Bronco. I remember cruising to t-ball practice/games with “Centerfield” by John Fogerty blaring the whole way. I remember casually driving anywhere with Hank Williams Jr.’s Greatest Hits or Alabama’s Greatest hits in the cassette deck. I remember sitting in the back at the drive in movie theater watching Ghostbusters (also my first movie theater memory). I remember the smell of a spitter full of wintergreen Skoal spit. I don’t know what the heck he had in the ginormous center console, but if I ever smelled that again I’d know it smelled like the center console in my Dad’s Bronco. There was always a small green Gideon’s Bible in there as well. I remember riding in the Bronco on the back of a flat bed more than once and we’d wave at our neighbors from up high on that tow (it happened to be a lemon pre-lemon law...the fuel injection, my mother seems to remember). This is quite literally the car of my early childhood.

Then I got to college and one of my best friends to this day had an 1988 Bronco. I’d be sitting in my apartment and I’d randomly hear a horn honking. Without looking I’d grab a swimsuit, towel, and a change of clothes and we were off into the mountains of West Virginia on one of his afternoon adventures (leaving my 1991 YJ behind). Later, we’d sit in that same Bronco looking for waves to ride along the NJ shore.

This re-release is essentially the first time I’m lusting after a vehicle in a long time. I had no intention of going in this direction. I currently drive a Mini, and I love my little car. I wanted another one. I’m deploying soon and I know a new car is in order once I return and as I looked around I found that Mini did not produce a single manual transmission vehicle in 2020. They don’t currently intend to bring the MT back to either of the Mini models which are “practical” with a 5 year old hockey player and 2 dogs. No one out there is making a MT which I looked at and figured “that could work”, and until I’m forced to, I’m not giving up a MT.

The one exception was the Wrangler. As I mentioned earlier, I had a 1991 YJ with a straight 6 and 5 speed. I had a lot of great times in that vehicle and I have fond memories of literally rattling down the road in that thing. It came down to the fact that the entry into that is higher than I believe it is worth and I asked a friend who works for a Ford domestic competitor in their race division and he immediately said, “don’t put your family in a Jeep...I’d never own one because of the crash ratings”.

So I have landed as a future Bronco owner. I wish my Dad was still around so that he could ride shotgun, my son in the back as we listen to “Family Tradition” heading to a fishing hole or a hockey game. I have a feeling he’ll at least smile down in approval. I hope that my son will look back one day and have at least a few good memories about driving in his old man’s Bronco listening to The Beatles to put a smile on his face when I’m no longer around.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The first vehicle I ever remember riding in is my father’s 1984 Bronco. I remember cruising to t-ball practice/games with “Centerfield” by John Fogerty blaring the whole way. I remember casually driving anywhere with Hank Williams Jr.’s Greatest Hits or Alabama’s Greatest hits in the cassette deck. I remember sitting in the back at the drive in movie theater watching Ghostbusters (also my first movie theater memory). I remember the smell of a spitter full of wintergreen Skoal spit. I don’t know what the heck he had in the ginormous center console, but if I ever smelled that again I’d know it smelled like the center console in my Dad’s Bronco. There was always a small green Gideon’s Bible in there as well. I remember riding in the Bronco on the back of a flat bed more than once and we’d wave at our neighbors from up high on that tow (it happened to be a lemon pre-lemon law...the fuel injection, my mother seems to remember). This is quite literally the car of my early childhood.

Then I got to college and one of my best friends to this day had an 1988 Bronco. I’d be sitting in my apartment and I’d randomly hear a horn honking. Without looking I’d grab a swimsuit, towel, and a change of clothes and we were off into the mountains of West Virginia on one of his afternoon adventures (leaving my 1991 YJ behind). Later, we’d sit in that same Bronco looking for waves to ride along the NJ shore.

This re-release is essentially the first time I’m lusting after a vehicle in a long time. I had no intention of going in this direction. I currently drive a Mini, and I love my little car. I wanted another one. I’m deploying soon and I know a new car is in order once I return and as I looked around I found that Mini did not produce a single manual transmission vehicle in 2020. They don’t currently intend to bring the MT back to either of the Mini models which are “practical” with a 5 year old hockey player and 2 dogs. No one out there is making a MT which I looked at and figured “that could work”, and until I’m forced to, I’m not giving up a MT.

The one exception was the Wrangler. As I mentioned earlier, I had a 1991 YJ with a straight 6 and 5 speed. I had a lot of great times in that vehicle and I have fond memories of literally rattling down the road in that thing. It came down to the fact that the entry into that is higher than I believe it is worth and I asked a friend who works for a Ford domestic competitor in their race division and he immediately said, “don’t put your family in a Jeep...I’d never own one because of the crash ratings”.

So I have landed as a future Bronco owner. I wish my Dad was still around so that he could ride shotgun, my son in the back as we listen to “Family Tradition” heading to a fishing hole or a hockey game. I have a feeling he’ll at least smile down in approval. I hope that my son will look back one day and have at least a few good memories about driving in his old man’s Bronco listening to The Beatles to put a smile on his face when I’m no longer around.
That is beautifully told in a most touching way. I loved reading it as I am sure we will all.

Your Dad made lasting and happy memories with you in a Bronco and looks like you are about to do the same with your son in the Bronco of his future dreams.

Thanks for sharing!?

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been in love with Broncos since I was a little kid. I bought a 79 Freewheeling when I was 15(2005-2006) for 5k, absolutely loved that truck. Unfortunately, like a wild 16 year old, I rolled it. Bought a 78 rust bucket on a whim and then a 92. Several practical and also opportunistic trucks between now and then, but I'm a life long Bronco guy

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco BRONCO, merely infatuation or more... 1600221299661

It’s just a car people! Let’s keep the relationship plutonic.

blumtn

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'83 Toyota 4x4, '93 FJ80, '01 F250 4x4, '86 FXRS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had a '66 Scout in high school. My buddy had a Bronco. We had some great times in those vehicles. I had a '76 that had some issues (mostly rust) and sold it. I've always wanted another Bronco. I tend to buy what I want and keep it forever ( '86 harley and '01 powerstroke, both bought new). I want one that I can drive for many years w/o too much maintenance. So, I want a new Bronco.

TheWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Silverado HD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And my reason is to make the memories with my children that all of you are re-living so fondly.

I want my kids to be thinking about the great times they had with mom and dad in that old 2021 Bronco.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been in love with Broncos since I was a little kid. I bought a 79 Freewheeling when I was 15(2005-2006) for 5k, absolutely loved that truck. Unfortunately, like a wild 16 year old, I rolled it. Bought a 78 rust bucket on a whim and then a 92. Several practical and also opportunistic trucks between now and then, but I'm a life long Bronco guy
You rolled the 79 but lived to become a lifelong Bronco guy.?
Your new Bronc is just a few months away ?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And my reason is to make the memories with my children that all of you are re-living so fondly.

I want my kids to be thinking about the great times they had with mom and dad in that old 2021 Bronco.
Like I say, Bronco is a time machine!?
?

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You rolled the 79 but lived to become a lifelong Bronco guy.?
Your new Bronc is just a few months away ?
Well the roll bar helped for sure. Hard to see but the reminents of the 78 and 79 are in the background
Ford Bronco BRONCO, merely infatuation or more... 20200622_164316

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a '66 Scout in high school. My buddy had a Bronco. We had some great times in those vehicles. I had a '76 that had some issues (mostly rust) and sold it. I've always wanted another Bronco. I tend to buy what I want and keep it forever ( '86 harley and '01 powerstroke, both bought new). I want one that I can drive for many years w/o too much maintenance. So, I want a new Bronco.
The IH Scout and the original Bronco have a very similar design language.
They both have that upright and boxy look and a “friendly “ face.
No wonder you have had both.
I am glad the new Bronco is true to the original in many ways.?

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly I have no connection to the Bronco brand. The only thing I associate it with is OJ.

However, I've always loved Land Cruisers, and Land Rovers and I think the new Bronco's design invokes that feeling of getting out there more than any modern vehicle. It has a ton of character, utility and capability. It makes me want to put on an Indiana Jones hat and get after it.

As an aside, I don't want to slam the Mach-E, because I really do love the car, but I think I like the idea of the car more than the car itself. And in a certain way I think the Mach-E is going to have more soul than say, a Tesla. But the Bronco seems to already have that in the design language. The Bronco doesn't have to prove as much of a point as the Mach-E does; it already came out swinging.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well the roll bar helped for sure. Hard to see but the reminents of the 78 and 79 are in the background
Ford Bronco BRONCO, merely infatuation or more... 20200622_164316
I like that slant back design and wish the new Bronco had incorporated it somehow.

Looks like you live on a property that the Bronco will feel at home right away!?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco's design invokes that feeling of getting out there more than any modern vehicle. It has a ton of character, utility and capability. It makes me want to put on an Indiana Jones hat and get after it.
I hear you and I got my Indi hat ready!?

As for the Mach-E, I don’t know why Ford had to make it resemble the face of perhaps the most soulless car on the planet. I don’t understand why just because a car has no internal combustion engine designers feel the need to wipe off the face of a car!
Sponsored