BRONCO, merely infatuation or more...

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@zaki Very well said opening statement. Very eloquent and better than "It's got big tars and I kin git it muddy N stuff"

For me, my sentiments echo pretty much your thoughts. This is an American Icon of a machine. Much like the Jeeps of old, the K5's of old, and so on. They chose function and utility, capability and purpose over cutting edge styling and creature comforts.
The Broncos and K5's of the 70's and 80's allowed us to venture off the paved paths and see the grand creation around us without being cooped up in 4 walls or stuck in traffic light prisons. And we could take our families. Show our children a simpler, purer side of life. Reconnect with Nature, the slow pace of a world consumed with politics, entertainment, loud noises.
In addition to all of that, they were made here, on this soil, by technicians who supported their families, supply chains who also supported their families, dealerships where salesmen and service techs supported their families. One of the things (and it is a small thing) that makes me proud to buy one is the fact they took the time to put an American Flag on the shifter. It's a pride thing. Taking care of your own house kind of thing.
Getting to venture out into this country we call home is becoming a rare commodity. In the 30's, 40's, 50's some vehicles were built for a purpose. The interstate system was built for that same purpose. Historic Rte. 66 serves that same purpose. All of them culminating to spending the time and being allowed to take your family out to see this land and see a fleeting history and a bygone era.
The memories and time spent in the slow lane doing this is worth more than any material thing you could ever give your children. I cannot remember one gift I ever got growing up, but I remember the 3 times we actually went somewhere with the sole purpose being to get away.
The first time I saw the ocean down at Galveston Tx I was thunderstruck. Something so massive and powerful and seemingly endless. Something our ancestors sailed across in unsafe craft, under unsafe conditions in an unsafe time, to an unknown place. And that took guts and a lot of faith.
I've mentioned it several times in these forums and don't want to run it into the ground, but my (and my family's) adventure begins in Odessa Tx. We are going to fly in, take possession, and leave there to go to Roswell, over to the painted desert in AZ to see the sunset on it. We are going to see the Milky way without light pollution.
Then we are going to spend the night in Winslow and get a pic of the Bronc and us on the corner there because we just have to.
Next morning going to the Grand Canyon. Kayaking for half a day and heading over toward CA to spend the night.
Driving up the PCH to San Fran and spending the night.
Going on up through the Redwoods, etc. and eventually ending up at Yellowstone.
coming back south through the Tetons, Wyoming, Colorado, then back home to NC via rte. 66.
All things I never have seen, and no one in my family has seen.
My two teen girls I am taking with us will remember this trip and be able to say "Hey, I've seen that and it is amazing."
They will be 16 and almost 15 by the time we do it and I feel if we don't take this chance, it will not present itself again.
The Bronco is a gateway and a reason to make it happen.
I want them to feel the open ocean air with the doors off.
I want them to be able to lie back and see the Milky Way better than we ever have here.
I want them to see the beauty of creation in a land outside of what they see here.
I want them to appreciate the simplicity and connection that being surrounded by nature and not cities and towns provides.
And after all of that I will have the Bronc I have been lusting for, saving up for, promising myself I would have for years.
And after that we will have the option, at any time, to jump in, take off, and drive on the sand on Ocracoke, drive the trails in the Smoky Mtns, take it through mud sketchy enough to make their adrenaline rise. Because that's what really matters in this life. Seeing your children smile and investing in something that builds their character, respect, and admiration for what most of us take for granted.
Sponsored

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@zaki Very well said opening statement. Very eloquent and better than "It's got big tars and I kin git it muddy N stuff"

For me, my sentiments echo pretty much your thoughts. This is an American Icon of a machine. Much like the Jeeps of old, the K5's of old, and so on. They chose function and utility, capability and purpose over cutting edge styling and creature comforts.
The Broncos and K5's of the 70's and 80's allowed us to venture off the paved paths and see the grand creation around us without being cooped up in 4 walls or stuck in traffic light prisons. And we could take our families. Show our children a simpler, purer side of life. Reconnect with Nature, the slow pace of a world consumed with politics, entertainment, loud noises.
In addition to all of that, they were made here, on this soil, by technicians who supported their families, supply chains who also supported their families, dealerships where salesmen and service techs supported their families. One of the things (and it is a small thing) that makes me proud to buy one is the fact they took the time to put an American Flag on the shifter. It's a pride thing. Taking care of your own house kind of thing.
Getting to venture out into this country we call home is becoming a rare commodity. In the 30's, 40's, 50's some vehicles were built for a purpose. The interstate system was built for that same purpose. Historic Rte. 66 serves that same purpose. All of them culminating to spending the time and being allowed to take your family out to see this land and see a fleeting history and a bygone era.
The memories and time spent in the slow lane doing this is worth more than any material thing you could ever give your children. I cannot remember one gift I ever got growing up, but I remember the 3 times we actually went somewhere with the sole purpose being to get away.
The first time I saw the ocean down at Galveston Tx I was thunderstruck. Something so massive and powerful and seemingly endless. Something our ancestors sailed across in unsafe craft, under unsafe conditions in an unsafe time, to an unknown place. And that took guts and a lot of faith.
I've mentioned it several times in these forums and don't want to run it into the ground, but my (and my family's) adventure begins in Odessa Tx. We are going to fly in, take possession, and leave there to go to Roswell, over to the painted desert in AZ to see the sunset on it. We are going to see the Milky way without light pollution.
Then we are going to spend the night in Winslow and get a pic of the Bronc and us on the corner there because we just have to.
Next morning going to the Grand Canyon. Kayaking for half a day and heading over toward CA to spend the night.
Driving up the PCH to San Fran and spending the night.
Going on up through the Redwoods, etc. and eventually ending up at Yellowstone.
coming back south through the Tetons, Wyoming, Colorado, then back home to NC via rte. 66.
All things I never have seen, and no one in my family has seen.
My two teen girls I am taking with us will remember this trip and be able to say "Hey, I've seen that and it is amazing."
They will be 16 and almost 15 by the time we do it and I feel if we don't take this chance, it will not present itself again.
The Bronco is a gateway and a reason to make it happen.
I want them to feel the open ocean air with the doors off.
I want them to be able to lie back and see the Milky Way better than we ever have here.
I want them to see the beauty of creation in a land outside of what they see here.
I want them to appreciate the simplicity and connection that being surrounded by nature and not cities and towns provides.
And after all of that I will have the Bronc I have been lusting for, saving up for, promising myself I would have for years.
And after that we will have the option, at any time, to jump in, take off, and drive on the sand on Ocracoke, drive the trails in the Smoky Mtns, take it through mud sketchy enough to make their adrenaline rise. Because that's what really matters in this life. Seeing your children smile and investing in something that builds their character, respect, and admiration for what most of us take for granted.
Dave, that is some beautiful writing and anyone reading it knows it comes from the heart, is deeply felt and is very meaningful to you. I know many of us share your feelings and are glad and better for having read those thoughts so eloquently expressed.

It is a rare inanimate object that has the ability to help us connect at such a level with ourselves and our families and build everlasting and joyful memories of wonderful experiences.

By the way that little flag ??tells me the pride Ford has in the new Bronco and it is not lost on many like yourself.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us.??

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A lot of what you wrote rings true for me as well. Honestly this is the right vehicle at the right time with the way 2020 has been, something nice to look forward to. I’ve owned mostly Subaru / Honda/ Toyota vehicles as an “adult”, but used to have a 2 door Wrangler when I was in my 20’s. My wife has been pushing me to get a fun vehicle, originally wanting a Wrangler so that we can take the kids out on the beach in our very own Jeep at the OBX and also at Assateague / Chincoteague. I’m not fond of Jeep’s reliability (or their dealerships for that matter) from personal experience, and low and behold along comes the Bronco. We will probably never rock crawl with it but who knows where we might end up in it. For me it’s going to be about fun times with my family, putting the top down on my way home from work, and creating adventures of our own.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thank you for taking the time to read.
It would be great to hear what makes the Bronco so special to you.
I loved your thoughts you put together on this and I share many of them myself.
In a nutshell for me....the Bronco is a Patriotic Badass and I will drive it proudly.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I always wanted something off road, but really never had the money till I became a nurse. I was always thinking about getting a jeep, but just wasn't a huge fan of them. Once I saw the bronco being released I knew right away I wanted it.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A lot of what you wrote rings true for me as well. Honestly this is the right vehicle at the right time with the way 2020 has been, something nice to look forward to. I’ve owned mostly Subaru / Honda/ Toyota vehicles as an “adult”, but used to have a 2 door Wrangler when I was in my 20’s. My wife has been pushing me to get a fun vehicle, originally wanting a Wrangler so that we can take the kids out on the beach in our very own Jeep at the OBX and also at Assateague / Chincoteague. I’m not fond of Jeep’s reliability (or their dealerships for that matter) from personal experience, and low and behold along comes the Bronco. We will probably never rock crawl with it but who knows where we might end up in it. For me it’s going to be about fun times with my family, putting the top down on my way home from work, and creating adventures of our own.
Agreed.
For many of us the Bronco is more than just another SUV.

It is about taking pride in something so American, so capable, so utterly gorgeous and so perfectly suited to making special memories with those we love most.

Last edited:

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, what's the latest take on this love affair?

For me... I look forward to the first date.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I always wanted something off road, but really never had the money till I became a nurse. I was always thinking about getting a jeep, but just wasn't a huge fan of them. Once I saw the bronco being released I knew right away I wanted it.
Thank you for what you do every day as a nurse! And nothing like enjoying the fruits of your labor in something so special and well deserved.?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, what's the latest take on this love affair?

For me... I look forward to the first date.
The long tease of a wait is going to make that first date very sweet.?

Come to think, we all have a date with the same gorgeous creature!?

Sponsored

Scorprob

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have owned germans, Japanese and American cars. I always wanted to own a Land Rover but it seems the Defender is going with a less rustic look. I love the squareness, vintage and rustic look of the Bronco, with the lagniappe that is made in America (and hope will stay that way).

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the squareness, vintage and rustic look of the Bronco
?
Whatever it is that makes a design desirable, the Bronco has in abundance.

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm a 60 year old retired Paramedic from Kentucky. My dad bought a new Bronco in 1971. I have so many fond memories growing up in and around this iconic 4x4. In my hometown of Albany (pop. 2000) back in the day there was about 30 Bronco's around town. One of our local doctors, the late E.A. Barnes made house calls in his old Green half cab. In the summer we would load up the bronco and go up to Albany Rock, a local overlook, with 2 other Bronco families in town. Mom would pack us lunch. Fun times. I remembered on one occasion dad took us fishing down by Dale Hollow lake and we got high centered on a stump on our way out. My younger brother and I piled rocks up so we could get out. No cell phones back then so we were late getting home and i knew mom would be worried. I learned to drive in the old Bronco. I remember my dad would make me stop on a hill and make me feather the clutch. Later my brother drove it some. I remember us both going on dates in it occasionally. A few years later I ended up with it. I did several mods to it including removing the hard top and putting on a safari top from BC Broncos. Adding the floor shifter, family style roll cage. new seats and a new paint job. It used to make me mad when people would say" I saw you driving that Jeep." I would set them straight it ain't no Jeep. After a few years of it sitting in the garage collecting dust I decided to let it go and sold it to a lady in Ohio. I don't really regret selling as it was time. I probably could make do with my current vehicles but after Ford announced they were bringing it back I found myself getting excited. I enjoyed the KOH videos but at my age I like going slow so the 2.3 with manual will be fine for me. My family loves to camp so I plan on doing some overlanding and taking my kayaks to land between the lakes. So as you can see it goes much deeper than infatuation.
Sponsored