Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've always wanted a Bronco, I grew up in the back of my dads '83 and finally want one that's my own.

Side note. I think all this Covid crap actually helped the new Bronco. Everyone cooped up, unable to do anything and suddenly Ford says "Hey, you wanna come play outside?"... yep
Sponsored

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a Bronco thing.. you guys just wouldn't understand ?

No but seriously, I'm not about to write a whole long book here, so I'll try to explain the WHY for me.

1984 Bronco, 351 under the hood. My second vehicle, first was a '78 Pontiac Catalina Safari (400 under hood), so yeah look that one up. ? The Bronco was my dad's purchased brand new in 84. He sold it to me in '88... I know I say sold, but I paid him maybe a few hundred bucks and he let me slide on the rest, so I made out big time.

This is where the love affair with the Bronco started, at the age of 18. It's the first vehicle I put the time and effort into to learn everything about that truck. I could tear apart that engine if I needed. I added a 4" lift in my parent's driveway, added new exhaust, I did it all. And I did it ALL IN MY BRONCO too if you know what I mean ;). My first son came home from the hospital in that Bronco. Too many good memories to list.

From that point on, no other vehicles really did it for me. Don't get me wrong, I love my little 2012 Mustang V6, that car is fun as hell. But I'm not running out to get the next Mustang like I will be for the next Bronco.
Wow!
I am envious (in a good way) of your very close and personal relationship with the Bronco!
We thank you for sharing!?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Zaki, love your ability to wax poetic. The right 'merican vehicle at the right time? Yup.
John, those two lines have all the poetry one ever needs when talking about the Bronco.?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are you sure you're not a Ford employee trying to win our hearts over again??
Thanks for the compliment!
Ford has done the hard job of winning the hearts of all of us. I hope our enthusiasm causes them to continue with their magnificent efforts and brings them some satisfaction at a more meaningful level than just the justifiable sales they will achieve.?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve told this story before but the Bronco is a connection to the past for me. I had a mostly on ANd off again relationship with my father growing up, but my fondest memories of him are the weekend trips in his 73 Bronco to my Grandmas farm. Ridin the gravel roads, blastin Bob Seger, feelin at a young age a joy and freedom that gets lost on most of us as we age. I’d like to recapture that with my bronco and a nod to my ole man ... everytime I get in my Bronco it will be a connection to the past and a salute to my Dad...
I think I did read that wonderful story once before and I know it has lost nothing in its impact in your telling it once again.
Thanks !?

Sponsored
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Side note. I think all this Covid crap actually helped the new Bronco. Everyone cooped up, unable to do anything and suddenly Ford says "Hey, you wanna come play outside?"... yep
Very true. Subconsciously the promise of the Bronco’s potential for getting away from it all in the great outdoors cannot be denied.?

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This will be my 4th Bronco.

Graduated High School in 1976 and reported to boot camp one week later. After my 2nd deployment I had enough saved up to buy a used International Scout. Then after my 4th deployment I upgraded to my first Bronco, a lightly used 1978 with a straight six and a 4-speed manual (first gear was granny). Bench seat with two sticks on the floor was interesting.

In 1987 (now a civilian) I bought a brand new 87 Bronco, straight six with 5-speed manual. Huge improvement with the fuel injection and overdrive.

Then in 1994 I bought a new 94 Bronco. OJ White with a 302 and automatic trans. Complete POS. First year of the E4OD trans, it went out at 20K miles and FoMoCo refused to warranty. Swore I would never buy a Ford again for the rest of my life. Been a Chevy/GMC man ever since.

Over the years my burning hatred for Ford Corporate mellowed and I grew nostalgic for the Bronco’s that spanned over 20 years during my formative years thru my 20’s, 30’s, and early 40’s.

Im in my 60’s, retired now, and ready for another Bronco. Just no auto trans... ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Over the years my burning hatred for Ford Corporate mellowed and I grew nostalgic for the Bronco’s that spanned over 20 years during my formative years thru my 20’s, 30’s, and early 40’s.
Great story and this paragraph nicely states what you and others have likely experienced...the new Bronco has won back hearts and won new hearts for Ford. ?

Ford must use this opportunity to keep the faithful and add new customers by not screwing this up and from what we can see so far they are aware of their opportunity and responsibility.

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just realized something else about why we want it. In a world full of modern rounded vehicles this one calls back to sharp lines. But there are requirements to have a rounded front end for pedestrian safety.

Enter the hood trail guides. At profile they give the illusion of sharp square lines on a rounded hood. Simply genius.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I honestly am buying it for looks. But that little plaque they add saying built in Michigan is a badge of honor for me.

Sponsored

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I want to own the Bronco because it is made by the people who call this glorious land their home.
AMEN BROTHER!

That is definitely a good part of the reason I want to own one.

I too have always owned imports except for the one Ford I now own and another Ford F-250 I owned previously.

Land Cruisers have always been my first passion. Not only because I think I they are probably the greatest 4x4 ever, but because I think they are the best made VEHICLE ever produced. Durability, toughness, longevity, capability....nothing can match it. If aliens nuked us, all that would be left is cockroaches and Land Cruisers.

But the Bronco brings back a really cool part of Americana that I love. Different than a Jeep. Just a western feel. A freedom thing. Can’t quite put my finger on it. I just like it’s vibe.

And it looks great and has a removable top.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Simply genius.
We can certainly say a great deal about the alluring design of the Bronco and I agree with your thoughts about the angular lines calling our attention. Those last two words you wrote aptly describe the entire design:
Simply genius.
?

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm in because it looks good, has good specs, and manual transmission off-road vehicles are really hard to find...

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I honestly am buying it for looks. But that little plaque they add saying built in Michigan is a badge of honor for me.
Agreed. Paul Wraith and his team have done the very difficult job of following up the original with another inspiring design. I seriously doubt this much interest in the new Bronco if it were merely another modern, contemporary looking SUV even if just as capable.

The made in the USA ?? is the sweet icing on a tasty cake.?