TheKeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Bronco MIC hardtop painted gloss black ABB8ABF9-0AD0-428D-9CC9-8920239F96FF
i
I'm wanting the top finish to match the body finish as much as possible. Maybe asking the impossible .
Sponsored

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the finish on there a smooth gloss black finish comparable to the finish of the body of the truck (which I realize isn't black). The reason I ask is I'm looking to get my Shadow Black 4 door Outerbanks hard top painted gloss black here in Tampa. I though I found a shop that would do it for $2K, but when I brought it in they saw the composite of the hard top they said the process would be much more involved and cost at least double that. They said they could prep it and they could still spray it gloss black, but that it would still have the texture of the current roof and that I most likely wouldn't be satisfied because the finish of the roof would still be rougher that the body.
Does this make sense? Thanks!!!
Yeah, having painted plastic panels of a Polaris Slingshot before that had texture to it, the hard top need to be prepped and sanded, smoothed, etc. It's a process.

OP
OP
Imgonein60

Imgonein60

Outer Banks
First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, 21Bronco,22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is the finish on there a smooth gloss black finish comparable to the finish of the body of the truck (which I realize isn't black). The reason I ask is I'm looking to get my Shadow Black 4 door Outerbanks hard top painted gloss black here in Tampa. I though I found a shop that would do it for $2K, but when I brought it in they saw the composite of the hard top they said the process would be much more involved and cost at least double that. They said they could prep it and they could still spray it gloss black, but that it would still have the texture of the current roof and that I most likely wouldn't be satisfied because the finish of the roof would still be rougher that the body.
Does this make sense? Thanks!!!
I understand what you are saying. I didn’t have the texture sanded down because I figured it would be much more expensive. I’m happy with the end result. I had the texture sanded down on my wife’s Sasquatch fender flares before painting them and it looks great. I did a separate video on that though👍🏽👍🏽
Sponsored