Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks pretty slick on the Outer Banks trim, especially with the Cactus Grey!
Sponsored

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I highly doubt the paint will hold up on that surface over time. Especially, with all of the handling - removing it and installing it.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don’t know what you mean but whatever 👍🏽👍🏽
Well, if you have ever actually used an off roader on trails that painted top is not going to look so nice pretty quickly. Okay for a mall crawler.

OP
OP
Imgonein60

Imgonein60

Outer Banks
First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, 21Bronco,22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, if you have ever actually used an off roader on trails that painted top is not going to look so nice pretty quickly. Okay for a mall crawler.
Thanks for your concern. Ever heard of PPF?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Imgonein60

Imgonein60

Outer Banks
First Name
Des
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, 21Bronco,22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I highly doubt the paint will hold up on that surface over time. Especially, with all of the handling - removing it and installing it.
If it starts getting damaged I’ll wrap it 👍🏽👍🏽

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never understand why people get concerned about a painted top getting scratches. Do they not realize the entire rest of the car is painted? If you off-road you’ll get pinstripes regardless. Who cares? So you’ll have a pristine line-X’d top but scratched up doors and body? Lol

Top looks great man! When I get a hard top I’ll be painting it gloss black as well

flowingaway

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tacoma 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks killer!

I bet it would look great with the A Pillar painted that same gloss black...I'd go for it if I had a hardtop.

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I’ve had a Jeep with a painted top and it was used and abused. As an off-roader who used their rig, I have no clue as to why you think it won’t last.

RustChole

Big Bend
First Name
TheKeeper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is the finish on there a smooth gloss black finish comparable to the finish of the body of the truck (which I realize isn't black). The reason I ask is I'm looking to get my Shadow Black 4 door Outerbanks hard top painted gloss black here in Tampa. I though I found a shop that would do it for $2K, but when I brought it in they saw the composite of the hard top they said the process would be much more involved and cost at least double that. They said they could prep it and they could still spray it gloss black, but that it would still have the texture of the current roof and that I most likely wouldn't be satisfied because the finish of the roof would still be rougher that the body.
Does this make sense? Thanks!!!
Sponsored