First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford has no problems with people taking pictures of camo prototypes. I’m sure that this person approached and got permission, probably talked to them too.

I know this because if it was one of us maniacs we would have jumped on the hood and started ripping off the camo :ROFLMAO:
I'd have walked up on that thing with mirrors on my feet and a telephoto lens for creeper shots of the undercarriage. Even a CPL filter to shoot through glass.

They wouldn't like me at all hahaha
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If that is the suspension you can see behind the wheel on the driver side, that comes in on a pivot way closer to the centerline and higher than the ranger's. Like a long travel setup on a Baja setup. Maybe the IFS on the Bronco will have more articulation and travel than we are expecting.
Great catch...

Ford Bronco Bronco Mule Spotted Testing Off-Road Wearing BFG K02 Tires and Mad Max Bumper 20200625_125529 - Copy

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is weird. But i don't know that it would bother me. If it did...I'd just remove it. I haven't had an antenna on my Tundra since it snapped off in 2015 lol
The antenna on my Tundra got bent going through the car wash. I replaced it with one of the little stubby offroad antennas from Antenna-X. That one survives the car wash just fine.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ive seen a few people wonder or complain about where the antenna might be. I'm with you. It's coming off. Mine fell off years ago and I didn't care. The radio sucks. There's better options for music, traffic, news, etc than FM
I'd just get a stubby to have something to plug the socket. I don't listen to AM-FM, so don't care how well it works.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The antenna on my Tundra got bent going through the car wash. I replaced it with one of the little stubby offroad antennas from Antenna-X. That one survives the car wash just fine.
Yup. Mine was rusty AF where it snapped. Two year old truck. So weird.

I bought a stubby, but never put it on because...well...I've never turned on the radio anyway. I don't think it even has presets in it lol

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yup. Mine was rusty AF where it snapped. Two year old truck. So weird.

I bought a stubby, but never put it on because...well...I've never turned on the radio anyway. I don't think it even has presets in it lol
I listen to my radio mostly for traffic reports, but the local talk radio isn't awful, either.

The music stations here all started to suck right around the time KMOD decided not to renew Phil and Brent's contracts. I guess all of the hosts were like "If they'll shitcan the Breakfast Club Zoo, nobody's safe!" because they all started walking on eggshells after that.

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That is weird. But i don't know that it would bother me. If it did...I'd just remove it. I haven't had an antenna on my Tundra since it snapped off in 2015 lol
That's why you have to replace it with a .50 cal stubby antenna and put a molon labe sticker on the fender.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The antenna is on the mirror arm? That looks goofy

Ford Bronco Bronco Mule Spotted Testing Off-Road Wearing BFG K02 Tires and Mad Max Bumper 20200625_125529 - Copy
It's probably offset like that to avoid potential items on the roof rack/tie downs.

That said, I hate mast antennas and don't know why they couldn't have embedded it in the windshield or something.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nobody got a video??

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking at the background, is this the same spot the uncovered 2 door was spotted? If that’s the case, this pic was taken in Silver Lake Michigan.
I'd put good money on this photo being taken at Silver Lake. I'd also bet good money the uncovered one was not at SL. I've been there many times and the give away is the trees / vegetation and flag placement in this photo. It is most likely the staging area that you come to when you enter (to air down your tires and prepare to hit the dunes).

The vehicles in the other photo didn't have flags and the layout of where they were didn't ring any bells with me as being any part of SL.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm torn on the roof rack. I know it'd be a lot more practical should you ever need it, but it's not pretty, at least from photos we've seen so far.
Sponsored