First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes, I know this is very subjective but every time I see a picture of the Bronco I see small wheels/tires that aren't proportionate to the truck...the truck itself looks awesome. I'd feel better about the looks if there were more pictures showing this truck as a typical trail vehicle with a decent lift and 37 or 38s installed. The Jeep Gladiators look the same until they are lifted with bigger shoes and the look is completely improved in my opinion. I know it's silly but this perception is swaying my opinion of the Bronco. It's also very difficult without being able to see the Bronco in person.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree based on the pics. I keep telling myself that it is the same length as a 4 door Wrangler and will look great with 35s...but it may need 37s.

Weister

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. Watched a video last night that was a review of the orange 2 door that is in almost every Bronco picture, and has the 37's, likely a 4 inch lift, and the Method Racing beadlocks. I really hope that is an option because the 35's look kinda odd with zero lift, and what looks like very little wheel travel. The orange 2 door has no engine and all components are mock-ups. Maybe there is very little weight on the suspension that makes the gap between the fender flares and the tires greater. All I know is I really want that set-up!!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Luckily you can get the Sasquatch built right from the Factory. 35s on the 2 door look plenty. You can always add pucks/leveling kit and go 37s+ once the 35s wear down.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. Watched a video last night that was a review of the orange 2 door that is in almost every Bronco picture, and has the 37's, likely a 4 inch lift, and the Method Racing beadlocks. I really hope that is an option because the 35's look kinda odd with zero lift, and what looks like very little wheel travel. The orange 2 door has no engine and all components are mock-ups. Maybe there is very little weight on the suspension that makes the gap between the fender flares and the tires greater. All I know is I really want that set-up!!
No way thats a 4 inch lift. My guess its Sasquatched and 2 inches max.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Those 37" tires and lift may work for some uses. But when off-road, I drive a lot of technical off-camber trails, and those larger tires and lift are not necessarily the ticket. And on-road there will will be a price to pay as well for that look, in terms of fun road manners and not getting beaten up while driving.

My coil spring Jeep TJ with heavy 33" mud tires rides/handles like cr*p compared to my older leaf spring CJ-7 with 31" tires. And I took that CJ-7 all over the country and off-road out west including Moab.

Admittedly vehicle "stance" can be a tricky thing. Leaning towards 33"s on the 2 door Bronco, but looking forward to seeing in person some day to decide.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree. Bronco from the factory is too short. Needs a lift regardless of tire size. IMO, the Icon4x4 redo of old school Broncos (with 33's) look about right. (top photo). They are about 5" taller than a Badlands on 33's.

I photoshopped a Badlands from the Ford colorizer and gave the one on the lower right about a 2" lift. Much better than the factory one on the lower left.
Ford Bronco Bronco needs a lift and bigger tires...in my humble opinion old school  Bronco
Ford Bronco Bronco needs a lift and bigger tires...in my humble opinion Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 6.55.54 AM

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I kinda thought same until I saw in person last week in TN. The 2 door Badlands on 33s was fine - and actually better than fine. I was also thinking of going bigger, but I don’t feel that way now after seeing in person. The proportions are good on the truck - pictures and videos don’t do it justice.

Not on topic for this thread, but I gotta say that I’m totally fine to wait. I read of others frustration, but this rig is so sweet that it’s totally worth it.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Those 37" tires and lift may work for some uses. But when off-road, I drive a lot of technical off-camber trails, and those larger tires and lift are not necessarily the ticket. And on-road there will will be a price to pay as well for that look, in terms of fun road manners and not getting beaten up while driving.

My coil spring Jeep TJ with heavy 33" mud tires rides/handles like cr*p compared to my older leaf spring CJ-7 with 31" tires. And I took that CJ-7 all over the country and off-road out west including Moab.

Admittedly vehicle "stance" can be a tricky thing. Leaning towards 33"s on the 2 door Bronco, but looking forward to seeing in person some day to decide.
To me, tires and lifts are two separate things. Without being seen in person and compared to what I have now, I think up two inches for more and 34s or 35s on a two door and maybe a little higher and 37s on a four door.

Or, maybe the Bilsteins are high enough and 34s on the two door. I do think the four will need to go up some.

We won’t know until Ford turns one over to someone independent to play with it outside the lines.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I kinda thought same until I saw in person last week in TN. The 2 door Badlands on 33s was fine - and actually better than fine. I was also thinking of going bigger, but I don’t feel that way now after seeing in person. The proportions are good on the truck - pictures and videos don’t do it justice.

Not on topic for this thread, but I gotta say that I’m totally fine to wait. I read of others frustration, but this rig is so sweet that it’s totally worth it.
I saw the same Badlands in Tn. I measured about 24" from ground to floor and 50" from ground to hood.

Exactly the same dimensions as my stock F-150 on 32's.

I remember thinking the same thing when I saw the Badlands - looks good on 33's. But now I'm back to seeing photos and thinking that it could use a little boost.

I'll probably get a Badlands on 33's and keep it for a while as is before making a decision on a lift.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm also onboard for 37s on my 2 door badlands and whatever lift it takes me to accommodate them. The 35s look great and will function fine for 99 percent of people. But I want the look. I regret not going bigger on my wrangler. Tires are like flat screens. They look huge right when you set them up, and a couple of days later you get used to it and regret not going the size up. IMHO

I have very few technical needs to be honest and just want the look. Midlife crisis perhaps.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree, I’m confused by the people that keep acting like 35’s are big. I need to see more normal sized tires that most off-road rigs are running today.
I run 37’s with no lift and don’t consider that as a huge tire, more so the next step up from entry level.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like the 2 door models are generally okay, but the 4 doors models need a lift and bigger tires to look right.
Sponsored