Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

I have been reading on here a few different places about how dealer stock with lower trims/no constrained commodities are getting built to fill gaps in scheduling at the factory before reservation holders. Not really thinking this should be the way it works due to all the reservation holders out there waiting patiently, but if they are just going to fill dealer stock orders anyway with ADMs... I am one of the fortunate few 7/13 reservation holders who supposedly has their truck coming soon, so I canceled my 2nd reservation a while back, but now my brother is pretty interested in a basic Bronco, so just wondering;

Only thing he really wants is the manual transmission, prefers the 2 door but not married to it. Does anyone "in the know" out there think if he orders something like a no-option base 2Dr or Big bend 4 door w/Soft top or something along those lines he'd be able to get his order converted and built in the next 3-6 months or so?

Thanks for any input
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2 door is going to be extremely problematic. The MIC roof is standard on them and that seems to be the sticking point. A 4-door soft top base doesn't allow a manual transmission, so he would have to step up to a BB or better (4-door, soft top) to get a manual before the Sun dies out and the Earth is left a burned out husk in space.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It all will depend on the dealers allocation. Say a dealer can get 10 Broncos all 10 of their orders are Sasquatch but Ford can only build 6 squatch, 4 people will get screwed. Then it Ford will allow them to build 4 stock units. Now if your brother orders his base through them they’ll pick his order up and the dealer can order 3 stock units.

Last edited:

ShroederK

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
The only thing that is for certain is that nothing is a certainty. I’d advise that he ordered what he wants and to make no assumptions about when it will be delivered. Definitely, do not do it if a lease is up within the next 6 to 20 months.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Regarding allocation etc, what others have said is correct. One point to add is that 4D soft top Big Bend is the most available spec commodity wise, not the 4D base. Reason being is that BB shares more common parts with all the other trims than the base model, at least from what I can tell.

So if he’s got any shot of getting one soon, his order will be a 4D, BB soft top. Stripper model with nothing added. Don’t think manual vs auto will make much of a difference.
Sponsored