First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not about having less sympathy for the individual, it's a matter of having little to offer in the way of help for the person.

I have a certain level of sympathy for the OP because they trusted the brand (both manufacturer and dealership).

While they may not have legal recourse, I understand why they may have believed that their local dealership would have treated them better.
You can trust the brand but you also have to verify it too. Trust but Verify. Ford or anyone else.
Sponsored

NMBronco2021

Outer Banks
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a Bronco day two and went to dealership in January and ordered. Before Bronco was finished being built found out they messed my order up. They ordered two door model instead of a four door. When contacting them they acted like the the mistake was not their fault. They wanted me to sign off on the two door model. I told them that I didn't want to wait another 8 months too a year for the order. That Bronco was built with my order, right or wrong and I still wanted to see it. They sold it and I never saw it/signed off.
So the troll are going to eat you alive for things you should of done...and of course they are ALWAYS right...I hope things work out for you...Ford needs to start stepping up.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
welcome to Bronco nation!!
J/k- sorry to hear this- hopefully this thread will result in some good advice i would be beyond furious.

OP
OP

Rbarc2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F- 150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
While I am sympathetic, I don't think you have any recourse. It sounds like the dealer offered to sell you the 2dr, or order a replacement 4dr, but you initially refused to accept. At that point they were probably thrilled to sell the 2dr for big profit and weren't going to twist your arm to buy it. Again, I am sorry for your disappointment.

Hopefully Ford will eventually make orders fully visible to end customers to prevent these issues. Currently, only customer diligence can ensure a correct order.
I told the dealer even though the order was screwed up I wanted to see the Bronco to see if my wife would be okay with it. I never saw it and they sold that Bronco was for me to buy not for them to sell

Sponsored
OP
OP

Rbarc2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F- 150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Were you ever sent the vin# through Ford? Did you get the vehicle in production e-mails?
Just trying to see what the trail is between you and the vin. Hate to ask, do you have any purchase agreement (most don't) with the dealer? Did you ever tell or email them you don't want the 2 door?

If you were still connected to the vin until the end and they just sold it without offering it to you first, then its messed up. Others were share their opinions and legal advice shortly.
I have all the e-mails the vin number I had a deposit . They are scamers maybe if Ford paid them better they wouldn't have to stoop so low

slouis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I see you're new to the forum. Welcome! Just a heads-up, many people are going to blame you, as you can see. The sad fact is, you're likely not going to get any real satisfaction. If you want a Bronco, you'll probably have to start over again and take the hard-learned lessons from this round and apply them. Best of luck.
I don't see anyone blaming the OP. People ask questions to figure out where this went wrong as the details are lacking any clarity. You place an order for a specific vehicle and something else gets ordered, there should be an identifiable moment where things went south.

There should have been some type of confirmation at the time the order was placed. Either a build sheet, an email with specifics, purchase order, something. Otherwise, how do you know what you ordered? There should have also been a confirmation email that the order was placed. I honestly can't remember how much detail was on that email.

At what point in the process did the OP realize the wrong vehicle was ordered? When they received the VIN#?

Anyway, it should be fairly easy to prove it was the dealership that ordered the wrong vehicle.

Edit to add I just went back and looked at the email in January from the order confirmation from Ford and it was very specific about what I ordered. If it had been wrong at that point it would have been very easy to make changes to the order.
Comes down to whether you put a deposit at time of order. If so, you have a legal case against the dealership. That is fraud. If no deposit, you are fucked. Money talks, bullshit walks.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
It does sound like they sold it out from under you. The paper work I signed (along with most) is apparently worthless when it comes to price but it seems like it gave me 1st chance of refusal.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I told the dealer even though the order was screwed up I wanted to see the Bronco to see if my wife would be okay with it. I never saw it and they sold that Bronco was for me to buy not for them to sell
If you have an email where the dealer agreed to extend your purchase agreement until after a test drive, Ford may help you out. Otherwise, is is a gray area when you didn't commit to buy the 2dr. I am not saying that the dealer did the right thing, but you are probably out of luck. Sorry.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still pretty unclear where the error occurred.

Is the paperwork, email, etc. from the January order correctly showing a 4dr?
Is the confirmation email from Ford after placing the order correctly showing a 4dr?
When in the timeline of events did you discover what was actually ordered was a 2dr?

Sponsored

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I feel you! My story isn't that bad, but like most I was lied to also. Sorry for your experience.

I just got a call from the dealer, "your's is being built" then " we lied, we are not selling it to you for the agreed upon price"... Yes, I had verbal, text, and email confirmation of the price. I will be doing all the recommended methods of getting this reconciled, then post the details in a long post in the next day or two.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good luck, OP. keep up the thread with any other info that you can think of. If it gains enough momentum you might be end up surprised with the result. Hate to see this happening so much.

OP
OP

Rbarc2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F- 150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Comes down to whether you put a deposit at time of order. If so, you have a legal case against the dealership. That is fraud. If no deposit, you are fucked. Money talks, bullshit walks.
I put 100 dollar deposit when I locked in order on day 2

PaulBrownSr

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borrowing lol
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Call Ford and raise a big fuss. You have my sympathy. This unscrupulous dealer absolutely fucked you over. Not all Bronco customers can spend hours on a forum to learn the ins and outs of how to protect your order. Yes to people on this forum, there may have been some steps you could’ve taken along the way but the average person would never imagine the whole process is so complicated.

OP
OP

Rbarc2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F- 150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, But those that do not have a signed agreement with the dealer (which includes your build) and email paper trail correspondence I have no sympathy for you. Some people have a greater learning curve the hard way than others. Verbal agreements do not hold up in court but emails do.
I do have all the e-mail correspondents thru the build that is how I found out they ordered it wrong but I still wanted to buy it
Sponsored