Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco November 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales (November): 8,287 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 25,855 vehicles.
    • November sales represent a 12.5% increase over October.
  • Bronco Production (November): 10,504 vehicles. Production (YTD): 43,711 vehicles.
    • November production represents a 37% increase over October.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.43.45 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.21.22 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.35.53 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.36.02 AM.jpg
Great news Doug! Where did you get this report?
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only 25k of the 43k made are sold? Where are all these extra unclaimed broncos sitting at?
Two to three weeks of built units in pre-shipping staging and transit, another week in dealer prep so up to 10,000 in those stages then another 5,000 - 8,000 (2 - 3 total per dealer on average) in dealer stock and/or dealer manikins.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully, they can stick to that pace and I can get my early reservation in 2022. I am not optimistic overly though. The rodeo helped keep me on board, but damn it's taking way too long.

alexpsu88

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, c10, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOO HOO, going in the right direction!

Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regarding the difference in production v sales, none of the produced before August were sold because they were pre-production testing out the assembly line and some of the first ones were not even ready for mannequins or the off roadeos. The next batch went to dealerships as mannequins (3,000 plus dealers) and the off roadeos, marketing shows and etc.

Then add in any left on dirt mountain or other lots including what's in transit, which includes a couple of days production that are probably waiting for QA and transportation pick up that haven't left yet AND all those that are currently on rail and truck; that's another couple of thousand units.

I don't remember, what date did the first deliveries start? I just did a search of "production scheduling" prior to 8/30/2020 on the forum and I didn't find any post regarding being scheduling for production before the middle of August, meaning all produced before then, over 10,000 units (aprox) weren't even produced for customer orders/res.

Through July the first almost 8,000 produced plus weren't sold for the above reasons. July was the first month of any real production and with all the units for shows, the media and dealer manns. off-roadeo and etc. I can't see any of those going to customers and a lot of August's production not going to customers too; and that's over 10,000 units not produced for orders/res.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s cute you think every Bronco produced is for a customer. I’ve been here for a full year longer than you sweetheart.
Don’t even waste your time on him or his friend. Reality is offensive and all Bronco reservations will be built by summer, “it’s simple math.”

1638464005884.gif
It is simple math whether you understand it or not is a different question. Just take a deep breath and relax. If this is how your first week on B6g is going I don't see you making it very long here :ROFLMAO: Welcome to the party

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
This era of "instant" gratification being fueled by social media "insiders" seems to empower many as "experts". Unless you've spent time in logistics and/or production planning in an industrial setting, you have no real idea how complex the production planning process for building a modern vehicle is.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I agree. Although honestly I don't think it has anything to do with Ford playing favorites with dealerships. It's just the allocation system they have, and it's similar to Ford's usual allocation formula they've used in the past with all vehicles.

The problem I have is that the reservation system seems to directly conflict with the allocation system, which in turn directly impacts customers. So while I think it is fair and completely reasonable for Ford to allocate vehicles to dealers based on past sales performance, it is unfair to us as customers who rushed to get a reservation in and are now trapped because we decided to pick a certain dealer.

Chances are there will be people with a 2020 reservation who will get pushed to 2023 simply because of the reservation system.
They could allocate stock units (BB 4d Soft-tops) according to the usual system after the reservations have been scanned, by timestamp, for buildable orders.

tongsun3717

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

looks like Bronco will be lucky to break the big three oh

That used to be a good thing...but with the industry about to be turned upside down, a huge existing market share just means more downside risk
It need 6289 Broncos produced to reach 50,000 total in 2021, across model years.

Sponsored

Deputy909

Outer Banks
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150, 2013 Traverse, 2007 Mustang Conv.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wondering the same thing. Guessing Dirt Mountain accounts for some of it, but there aren’t 18k vehicles there.

Even with shipping issues, it seems odd that 41% of total production has not been sold yet. But I know nothing about what post-production to ready-for-sale times should look like in the auto industry.

I guess if you write off all of November production as still in transit, that brings us down to 8k. Maybe another thousand or so still at DM is 7k, but that number could be higher so maybe the truly unaccounted for number is lower than 7k.

Still though, that’s a lot for a vehicle that is unobtanium. Could be that consumers are becoming more price sensitive to lot Broncos being offered at high markups and they’re sitting, but again just speculation.
They do not count as sold until you take possession

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronco November 2021 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Bronco Sales (November): 8,287 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 25,855 vehicles.
    • November sales represent a 12.5% increase over October.
  • Bronco Production (November): 10,504 vehicles. Production (YTD): 43,711 vehicles.
    • November production represents a 37% increase over October.

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.43.45 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.21.22 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.35.53 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 9.36.02 AM.jpg
Here is a graphic summary:

Ford Bronco Bronco November 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 8,287 Sold / 10,504 Produced 1638469645583

Note "ready to ship" which is production plus Dirt Mountain escapees hit an impressive all time high; mostly by way of record production. In comparison the reduction in Dirt Mountain is a bit underwhelming, certainly not on the order of magnitude of October. Dealer stocks continue to build at the same rate for the last 3 months. Given time off for T'giving, this indicates a stout production capability: production capacity tempered by parts availability.

22greenfordbronco

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 mini cooper, 2020 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is simple math whether you understand it or not is a different question. Just take a deep breath and relax. If this is how your first week on B6g is going I don't see you making it very long here :ROFLMAO: Welcome to the party
Well your math might be simple but that doesn’t make it right.

Ford Bronco Bronco November 2021 Sales & Production Numbers: 8,287 Sold / 10,504 Produced 1638469128506

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So by this estimate does that mean less than 50,000 Broncos made for MY 2021?
Production is one thing: production plus Dirt Mountain reduction may be about 50,000 for the calendar year.
Sponsored