Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco in the wild........

#newbronco #2021bronco #2022bronco #outdoors #outdoorsman #outdoorslife #earlybronco #fordbronco #ford #bronco #fordtruck #trucks #vintagebronco #classicbronco #classicfordbronco #4wd #4wheeldrive #fourwheeldrive #4x4

[
Sponsored

Last edited:

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am sure it how my buddy felt,,, and is door seal did not work the water was rushing in..... disaster,,,
Been there, done that. I did it in the Jeep Comanche that I had as a teenager. I took forever to dry it out.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, besides failing to get out and measure the water depth prior to sending it, any tips for newbie off-roaders for this type of scenario, besides “don’t”?

Sponsored
OP
OP
moab6g

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Been there, done that. I did it in the Jeep Comanche that I had as a teenager. I took forever to dry it out.
So far people say the Bronco seal work good,,, I did not have the chance to full test that part yet.,,,,lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
moab6g

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, besides failing to get out and measure the water depth prior to sending it, any tips for newbie off-roaders for this type of scenario, besides “don’t”?
We just did a similar water/mud crossing and for this one he did slower did not have a lot of momentum and he also thought his crawl control was on,,,,,

If you are the first one maybe test the depth with a stick,,,, when he got out he realize the left side was vey shallow,,,

If you don't have locker you need more momentum and hope you don't hit a rock or tree trunk otherwise you in trouble,,,,,

if you sent it too hard look what can happen

I think the bronco need to be in less then 33 inch of water the reason is probably the diff. breather and transmission are at that height,,, if you go deeper then 33 inch you risk to have water in your transmission and diff. that no good ,,,, if it happen as precaution change your diff. and trans. oil

if you not sure you can do what I did,,,

Eventually I will modify the height of my diff. and trans. breather ,,,, and for the 2.7 engine some people have Alternator issue after crossing deep water/mud ,,, the alternator of the 2.7 is located very low,,,, it probably why FORD only offer the trim Everglade with the 2.3

Personally I like better trail in Moab,,,,

Last edited:

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So far people say the Bronco seal work good,,, I did not have the change to full test that part yet.,,,,lol
Better on the doors than the tailgate. I got some mud on the inside of my tailgate past the weatherstripping. I may have been doors deep, but definitely not tailgate deep.

OP
OP
moab6g

moab6g

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Better on the doors than the tailgate. I got some mud on the inside of my tailgate past the weatherstripping. I may have been doors deep, but definitely not tailgate deep.
Thanks good to know
Sponsored