First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What am I missing? There have been ~33k+ produced but only ~17,500 sold. With ~6,200 “Gross Stock”, that still leaves over 9,000 vehicles unaccounted for. Maybe a few hundred at OffRoadeo. Where are the others?
In transit and at the rail yards I guess.
Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Is there any insider breakdown of -where- the broncos are going? Just curious, even by region.

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

1. It's reasonable to see that off-road industry companies and enthusiasts were early reservation holders who also got one or more Broncos early on. Many SEMA builders were in this camp, and Ford reached out to many of them to see if they were interested in doing a build for SEMA.
2. There are ~30 Broncos at SEMA. 30 out of 17,568 built+sold is 0.17%
3. You're looking toward SEMA for reality? SEMA has always been one-off, even prototype-level products haha
It was a joke….

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It may be true that at an individual dealer level, reservations will be filled first. However, with the allocation formula for '22, dealers will run out of reservations at different times. Once a dealer runs out of reservations either they will start getting dealer stock or their allocation will drop to zero. I'm guessing dealer stock. Sure, no one knows for certain what will happen. Ford could change the allocation formula next week. However, Ford has been silent on the allocation formula for a month despite being hammered about it on Bronco Nation live, and Levine and Farley being tweeted about it many times a day.

My guess is Ford is being silent because they know that Reservations First can't be reconciled with the allocation formula. If Ford had some master plan on how to make it work, why wouldn't they just give the details? Another bad sign is that the FAQs have been updated to include dealer allocation, in addition to parts availability, as a reason Broncos might not be delivered in timestamp order.
Good description of the situation.
@Ford is being silent to keep a lid on the problem. ANY comment on the issue is quite likely to inflame one group or the other. For that reason the buyers that appear to be in some weird limbo may remain that way. Left to watch new orders created and built while ignoring our growing. frustration.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What am I missing? There have been ~33k+ produced but only ~17,500 sold. With ~6,200 “Gross Stock”, that still leaves over 9,000 vehicles unaccounted for. Maybe a few hundred at OffRoadeo. Where are the others?
PIOOMA - pulling it out of my … 300 units a day and average shipping of 14 days is 4,200 still leaves 4,800 on Dirt Mountain - holy crappy tops Batman!

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

PIOOMA - pulling it out of my … 300 units a day and average shipping of 14 days is 4,200 still leaves 4,800 on Dirt Mountain - holy crappy tops Batman!
I could be convinced product is shipment until sale is 21 days average which gives 6,300 in transit and 2,800 being reworked for bad tops, and airbag recall.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last week was approx 80/20 4/2 door production.
What is overall order mix of “just the right number of doors”? 25%? 👍🏻

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"October new vehicle orders hit 77,000."

-- or --

How to fool Wall Street in 5 words or fewer (and a number).

Step 1: Ford tells all unscheduled orders that they need to re-order starting in mid-October.
Step 2: Ford tells all orders awaiting rescheduling that MY22 build scheduling will begin soon thereafter, and only buildable (non-99) orders will be scheduled.
Step 3: Outstanding reservation-holders scamper to dealers to re-order their Broncos as MY22s as soon as possible after the system opens in October.
Step 4: Ford includes these re-orders as new vehicle orders in October.

Am I wrong? Possibly. Ford might not count such re-orders in its totals. But then again, it might... especially if those were pending MY22s to begin with due to lack of MY21 features.
I doubt if they knowing present padded sales numbers to the investment community - I suspect they update orders still valid at some point.

Sponsored

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As of right now it looks like 12/13 is the finial build week for 21s. Which is also the first Week for 22s. Yea you read that right. 21s and 22s will be coming off of the line at the same time 👍. I was a 12/6 build week which was supposedly the finial build week but was pushed to 12/13….
So weird. There’s a chance that my rig is MY21 built in December and I take delivery in 2022. That’s a first; however, I’ll be super gracious if I’m able to get a MY 21. Don’t know why I care about getting at MY 21, but I really do. Seems like there’s not going to be that many of them.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well if 2 doors actually made up 20% (I don't think it's that high overall) that would be 6,600 in the wild at this point and 9,000 total by end of MY21. Probably between 1,000 and 3,000 per trim level depending on demand (3,000 2 doors max per trim is my guess). If 2 door production is only 15% then total 2 door production for MY21 would only be about 6,750, with about 4,950 already produced meaning some trims could be under 1000 2 doors total. Manual 2 doors are going to be really rare - maybe 500-2000 total 2 door manuals.

For some reason, I just don't think that we'll see many Big Bend 2 doors, I suspect that will be the least produced 2 door model. I see Base or Black Diamond as potentially being the most common 2 doors. Badlands will also be pretty popular 2 doors, and could be more popular than Black Diamond or Base. That would likely be followed by WildTrak, First Edition, and Outer Banks - not necessarily in that order.

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just curious how can they build a vehicle without a chip and send it off the production line? Push it out by hand or push vehicle? Wouldn't it have to go back thru the factory for all the QA checks, engine run, etc? Is that what they are doing pushing/towing dead Broncos around until they get chips?
I'm hearing that they have made 30-50k Broncos, all they all 4 door strippers with canvas tarp roofs is that why my 7/14 AM reservation 2 door Sasquatch hasn't been built?
Thanks
I'd imagine they probably use enough to do the bare minimum of getting the car to run (i.e. powertrain-dedicated chips), but temporarily skip ones for things like infotainment, power seat modules, perhaps safety systems, etc. that wouldn't be needed to just move the vehicle off the production line to a holding lot.

As has been mentioned, a balance of dirt mountain units, as well as ones in transit. Keep in mind too that early production tallies (I'm talking the first few months we see units produced on the chart) would've included pre-production builds and builds for shows that were "produced" but will never be "sold". That number is probably under 1,000, but still is part of the figures.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd imagine they probably use enough to do the bare minimum of getting the car to run (i.e. powertrain-dedicated chips), but temporarily skip ones for things like infotainment, power seat modules, perhaps safety systems, etc. that wouldn't be needed to just move the vehicle off the production line to a holding lot.

As has been mentioned, a balance of dirt mountain units, as well as ones in transit. Keep in mind too that early production tallies (I'm talking the first few months we see units produced on the chart) would've included pre-production builds and builds for shows that were "produced" but will never be "sold". That number is probably under 1,000, but still is part of the figures.

And this is the magic of ETIS and AsBuilt. If modules are missing, it would show, just like it does for the F-150 guys who figured that out.

AK Dcoy

Outer Banks
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, that’s a gain of 304 more produced than ordered. At that rate, Ford will caught up in….hold on, doing the math……2030! 😂
Sponsored