Sponsored

Bronco Off-Roadeo, what is it and is it worth it?

JetMech

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands Sasquatch (2), Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Off-Roadeo is an event put on by Ford for those who have purchased a new or ordered a new Gen 6 Ford Bronco. You don’t even have to have taken delivery of your Bronco yet to attend. You actually drive their Broncos at the event so it doesn’t matter if you bring yours or not, you won’t get to use it at the event.

What exactly is it all about anyway? Ford knew that there would be a lot of people new to the Bronco brand and that a lot of those people may have never been off road before. They created a purpose built course where you would get to understand the capabilities of the Bronco and learn first hand how to put those capabilities to use. Even if you never plan to take your Bronco off roading I highly recommend attending one of these events. Just getting to experience the capabilities of these marvelous machines truly helps you appreciate them even more. You never know when you might need your lockers to get that blocked spot at the mall 😉

What if I’ve been four wheeling for a while and I’m comfortable four wheeling, should I attend? Absolutely, I’ve been four wheeling for 40 years now (man I sound old). When we attended our first Off-Roadeo in Austin I had not yet received my Bronco so I had no practical experience with one. I was truly blown away with all the tech that is built into the New Bronco. Having a course built to highlight the different features of the Bronco truly brought it all to light.

Which Off-Roadeo should I attend? There are four locations spread throughout the United States. There is Austin Texas, Las Vegas Nevada, Moab Utah and Gilford New Hampshire. Having attended three of the four I can share my thoughts on this. Logistics and costs aside, this is how I would recommend them. First, determine your level of experience at off roading.

If you are a newbie to off roading I would highly recommend choosing an area that closely matches the type area you most likely will be doing your own wheeling. If you are in an area with lots of trees and mud, I wouldn’t choose Nevada. With that said, if your wheeling is mostly desert trails then New Hampshire wouldn’t be my first choice. Being a newbie, you’re going to be so overwhelmed with not only off roading itself but all the features of the Bronco that you won’t have the time to actually appreciate the scenery around you.

If you are a seasoned off roader then I’d choose somewhere you’d like to see. You already have the basics of four wheeling down so you can focus your attention on the tech. Although there is a lot of it to learn, they teach it in small bites during the day so you really get a chance to experience the area you are wheeling in.

So, what are the facilities like? I’ll share my thoughts on the three that I have attended as they are all unique in what they have to offer.

Austin TX: We attended in November and you couldn’t ask for better weather. The facility is new and was purpose built just for this event and the quality of the facility is top notch. You have a wide variety of features that you must navigate throughout the day and your skills build one on the other. At lunch you head back to the facility where a catered meal is waiting. The food was top notch quality. After lunch, you head out for more time wheeling. Since you’ve been exposed to most all the features by this time it’s truly a 4-hour wheeling adventure. Afterwards it’s another catered meal with live music and a campfire for those interested. Austin is on private property and the only way to wheel here is to attend the Off-Roadeo.

Las Vegas NV: February is when we attended here and the morning was brisk but by the afternoon it was quite warm. The facility is an old boy scout camp that was converted for the Off-Roadeo. There is a mix of new and older buildings but you’re not there for a resort experience. Being from Arizona this location had the most similar type of terrain to what is in our local area. My feeling is that Vegas is probably the most technically challenging of the three locations that I have attended. After the morning instruction and four wheeling we returned to base camp for a catered lunch. The food was good and like Texas we had 4 hours of wheeling afterwards to test our new found skills. Afterwards it was back to camp and another catered meal and live music. Being we were all tired and dusty after the day, I can’t say whether they had a campfire available afterwards or not. Vegas is on private property and the only way to wheel here is to attend the Off-Roadeo.

Moab UT: We attended Moab over Memorial Day weekend. You couldn’t ask for nicer weather and the facility is very nice. The Bronco Off-Roadeo is at the host lodge so if you stay there, you are ready to go the morning of your Off-Roadeo. Either way the actual instruction portion is held on public lands rather than private lands so you may experience other traffic on the trails. Being they choose trails further from town this wasn’t really a problem. After leaving the facility we traveled about 14 miles on the highway before turning off the pavement. Once on the trail there are no facilities so be sure to use them before heading out. The trail we went on was Dome Plateau. This trail offers plenty of opportunities to utilize the different features of the Bronco. After the usual morning instruction, it was time for lunch. Being were out in the middle of nowhere there isn’t a gourmet catered lunch. There are coolers in the back of a few Broncos and lunch was set up and we certainly enjoyed the offerings. Afterwards there is another 4 hours of wheeling and more difficult portions to conquer. Afterwards you head back to the facility for a nice catered meal with live music. There is a campfire afterwards for those interested in hanging out and talking to others about your new found skills. Moab is conducted on public trails so there is plenty of opportunity to wheel around here. You can even take your own Bronco on the trail that you just learned on if so inclined.

So, which one would you attend if you could only choose one? If I was only going to attend the Off-Roadeo and nothing else then there is no clear winner. All of the locations are top notch. Being that Texas and Nevada are private property so you have to do a little research of the area if you want to do additional wheeling outside of the event itself. Both locations have wheeling available but you have to look. Moab on the other hand is on public land and there are literally hundreds of trails in the area to go explore on your own. So, to answer your question if I had to choose one destination for an Off-Roadeo event I would choose Moab. Not because it is better that the other, but because I would make it my destination and tie in additional days like I did this trip exploring other trails.

Whatever you choose, make attending a Bronco Off-Roadeo a priority. You won’t regret it.

So, for those of you wondering how I got to attend three Off-Roadeos, it’s simple, I bought three Broncos. I’m not planning on buying a fourth Bronco so I’m hoping my dealer or someone will comp me a ticket to attend the New Hampshire location.

Happy Wheeling!
Sponsored

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bravo old boy, bravo!

I've had questions about this myself. I remember getting a voucher but can't find it now and was debating on sucking it up and just going anyway.

OP
OP
JetMech

JetMech

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands Sasquatch (2), Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go to Broncooffroadeo.com and create your profile. Once you enter your vehicle info they will verify its eligible and you can schedule your event. Enjoy!

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went to the TX Off Roadeo and I agree with the evaluation. I believe at some point, you will be able to go without a Bronco order (you can pay out of pocket). When it is allowed, I plan to take my son for a Father-Son trip.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is not put on by Ford, it is a third party company outside of your dealer and Ford. Ford supports them to an unknown extent, but it is a for profit deal, they are serious about the extra cost damage insurance and non-refundable fees. Still a great time and deal by all accounts, but you are not dealing with Ford when you go, just be aware.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice write-up. I'm hoping to make plans to attend the New Hampshire location. I intend to drive so I can take a long sojourn in and around New England. I figure I won't have the chance to see that part of the country again in my lifetime so I might as well make it count.

If there was one criticism of the off Roadeo locations it is that the locations should have been more diverse and geographically dispersed so that it isn't so difficult to attend.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got back from the Moab, UT Off-Rodeo. Had a great time. Previously, I have had seat time off-road and didn't think I'd get much from the experience. Some of the topics covered were pretty basic, but the big deal was to learn the settings of the Bronco and where to use them. Some of the features I didn't know the exact use. So was informative. In a few places, we did push the cars past where I thought they were capable.
Comment on the extra insurance. We didn't get it and don't really recommend it. The guides really give you all the direction you need, and to be honest, you'd have to do something really stupid to wreck a car.
The trails and sights were pretty cool. The people that were on the trail group with us were fun.
I would recommend anyone who has the opportunity to go, should go.

AzBronc

Badlands
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sante fe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco Off-Roadeo is an event put on by Ford for those who have purchased a new or ordered a new Gen 6 Ford Bronco. You don’t even have to have taken delivery of your Bronco yet to attend. You actually drive their Broncos at the event so it doesn’t matter if you bring yours or not, you won’t get to use it at the event.

What exactly is it all about anyway? Ford knew that there would be a lot of people new to the Bronco brand and that a lot of those people may have never been off road before. They created a purpose built course where you would get to understand the capabilities of the Bronco and learn first hand how to put those capabilities to use. Even if you never plan to take your Bronco off roading I highly recommend attending one of these events. Just getting to experience the capabilities of these marvelous machines truly helps you appreciate them even more. You never know when you might need your lockers to get that blocked spot at the mall 😉

What if I’ve been four wheeling for a while and I’m comfortable four wheeling, should I attend? Absolutely, I’ve been four wheeling for 40 years now (man I sound old). When we attended our first Off-Roadeo in Austin I had not yet received my Bronco so I had no practical experience with one. I was truly blown away with all the tech that is built into the New Bronco. Having a course built to highlight the different features of the Bronco truly brought it all to light.

Which Off-Roadeo should I attend? There are four locations spread throughout the United States. There is Austin Texas, Las Vegas Nevada, Moab Utah and Gilford New Hampshire. Having attended three of the four I can share my thoughts on this. Logistics and costs aside, this is how I would recommend them. First, determine your level of experience at off roading.

If you are a newbie to off roading I would highly recommend choosing an area that closely matches the type area you most likely will be doing your own wheeling. If you are in an area with lots of trees and mud, I wouldn’t choose Nevada. With that said, if your wheeling is mostly desert trails then New Hampshire wouldn’t be my first choice. Being a newbie, you’re going to be so overwhelmed with not only off roading itself but all the features of the Bronco that you won’t have the time to actually appreciate the scenery around you.

If you are a seasoned off roader then I’d choose somewhere you’d like to see. You already have the basics of four wheeling down so you can focus your attention on the tech. Although there is a lot of it to learn, they teach it in small bites during the day so you really get a chance to experience the area you are wheeling in.

So, what are the facilities like? I’ll share my thoughts on the three that I have attended as they are all unique in what they have to offer.

Austin TX: We attended in November and you couldn’t ask for better weather. The facility is new and was purpose built just for this event and the quality of the facility is top notch. You have a wide variety of features that you must navigate throughout the day and your skills build one on the other. At lunch you head back to the facility where a catered meal is waiting. The food was top notch quality. After lunch, you head out for more time wheeling. Since you’ve been exposed to most all the features by this time it’s truly a 4-hour wheeling adventure. Afterwards it’s another catered meal with live music and a campfire for those interested. Austin is on private property and the only way to wheel here is to attend the Off-Roadeo.

Las Vegas NV: February is when we attended here and the morning was brisk but by the afternoon it was quite warm. The facility is an old boy scout camp that was converted for the Off-Roadeo. There is a mix of new and older buildings but you’re not there for a resort experience. Being from Arizona this location had the most similar type of terrain to what is in our local area. My feeling is that Vegas is probably the most technically challenging of the three locations that I have attended. After the morning instruction and four wheeling we returned to base camp for a catered lunch. The food was good and like Texas we had 4 hours of wheeling afterwards to test our new found skills. Afterwards it was back to camp and another catered meal and live music. Being we were all tired and dusty after the day, I can’t say whether they had a campfire available afterwards or not. Vegas is on private property and the only way to wheel here is to attend the Off-Roadeo.

Moab UT: We attended Moab over Memorial Day weekend. You couldn’t ask for nicer weather and the facility is very nice. The Bronco Off-Roadeo is at the host lodge so if you stay there, you are ready to go the morning of your Off-Roadeo. Either way the actual instruction portion is held on public lands rather than private lands so you may experience other traffic on the trails. Being they choose trails further from town this wasn’t really a problem. After leaving the facility we traveled about 14 miles on the highway before turning off the pavement. Once on the trail there are no facilities so be sure to use them before heading out. The trail we went on was Dome Plateau. This trail offers plenty of opportunities to utilize the different features of the Bronco. After the usual morning instruction, it was time for lunch. Being were out in the middle of nowhere there isn’t a gourmet catered lunch. There are coolers in the back of a few Broncos and lunch was set up and we certainly enjoyed the offerings. Afterwards there is another 4 hours of wheeling and more difficult portions to conquer. Afterwards you head back to the facility for a nice catered meal with live music. There is a campfire afterwards for those interested in hanging out and talking to others about your new found skills. Moab is conducted on public trails so there is plenty of opportunity to wheel around here. You can even take your own Bronco on the trail that you just learned on if so inclined.

So, which one would you attend if you could only choose one? If I was only going to attend the Off-Roadeo and nothing else then there is no clear winner. All of the locations are top notch. Being that Texas and Nevada are private property so you have to do a little research of the area if you want to do additional wheeling outside of the event itself. Both locations have wheeling available but you have to look. Moab on the other hand is on public land and there are literally hundreds of trails in the area to go explore on your own. So, to answer your question if I had to choose one destination for an Off-Roadeo event I would choose Moab. Not because it is better that the other, but because I would make it my destination and tie in additional days like I did this trip exploring other trails.

Whatever you choose, make attending a Bronco Off-Roadeo a priority. You won’t regret it.

So, for those of you wondering how I got to attend three Off-Roadeos, it’s simple, I bought three Broncos. I’m not planning on buying a fourth Bronco so I’m hoping my dealer or someone will comp me a ticket to attend the New Hampshire location.

Happy Wheeling!

Happy Wheeling!
Great feedback!! Thank you for sharing!

Cohiba

Outer Banks
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr OBX A51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Two weeks ago I attended the NH location. The offroad takes advantage of local terrain so the offroad experience would be most impactful for future NorthEast off-road. Mud, loose rocks, working through woods. I really enjoyed the time behind the wheel in a bronco where I could both experience the trail as well as improve my off-road skills. Spent several hours on the trail in the day, and for that I was thankful. Overall a fun worthwhile experience if you are new to offroading.

sjjohnny

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Black Diamond, '00 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good job on the write up! I attended ORTX on June 2nd and had a great time and learned a lot... there is much more tech to the Broncos than I imagined. I had some conversations with the guides about the operation and it is indeed not a Ford operation but a private for profit marketing company that has Ford as its client. They are the ones who leased the land, built the trails and buildings etc etc. They have a three year lease on the ORTX land (360 acres) and I asked if he thought it would be extended - the guide thought it would. They've had over 12K people through ORTX the past year or so, from all over the world... amazing. The guide thought the ORTX location was the most diverse course.

Also, for those of us with early reservations, in addition to (everyone) getting reimbursed for the $200 entry fee if we follow through with our order, we also got a $250 gift certificate that can only be spent at Off-Roadeo... for a variety of merch. I applied mine towards a nice Yeti cooler. Every participant also got a nice Yeti water bottle with the Off-Roadeo logo. The guides were excellent and the food was excellent at ORTX. Highly recommended.
Sponsored