IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you have on order? A Bronco or Bronco Sport? What can you go down and pick up today? A Bronco or Bronco Sport?

How does Ford expect people to know the difference if dealers send out marketing like this?

Ford Bronco Bronco or Bronco Sport? Who's Confused? Ford Advertising Bronco What
Sponsored

harperrb

Wildtrak
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What do you have on order? A Bronco or Bronco Sport? What can you go down and pick up today? A Bronco or Bronco Sport?

How does Ford expect people to know the difference if dealers send out marketing like this?

Ford Bronco Bronco or Bronco Sport? Who's Confused? Ford Advertising Bronco What
I think if you know the difference, you know what's available. If you don't know the difference, then you don't know if you're looking at a crocodile or an alligator anyway.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I used to roll my eyes at my wife because no matter how many times I told them that the Bronco and Sport are 2 totally different vehicles she couldn't tell the difference. She even confirmed with some of her coworkers that they are the "same".

So to prove my point, I took her to the Bronco event so she could actually see a real Bronco and finally see the obvious difference.

Turns out they parked the bronco right next to a similar color Sport and you know what... Damned if she wasn't right.

Don't get me wrong, we all know how different they are, hell, there are folks here with way to much time on their hands that have memorized grill per trim specs, but with the novice eye, if it were not for one having a spare tire on the back vs the other not...they do look very similar... Definitely enough to cause confusion.

Before they opened the doors on the Bronco, it really did resemble the sport sitting behind it.

Ford Bronco Bronco or Bronco Sport? Who's Confused? Ford Advertising 20210419_105821

RangerRick

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The worst part is all I'm hearing from family, friends, and my employees are "I have been seeing the broncos on the road why haven't you gotten yours built?" Or "a friend of mine just got there's?" And it's a picture of a Sport. Ford dropped the ball having the Sport come out before the big, actual Bronco. I can only explain to so many people that my bronco will have a removable top and doors and the "broncos" they are seeing are basically Escapes....

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has overestimated the intelligence of the average consumer.

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport & '08Ford F-150 FX2
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Pretty easy to figure out:

Sport has name across lift gate, on dealer lots countrywide, totally unique, and smaller

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford has overestimated the intelligence of the average consumer.
No, they correctly estimated it. Look at everyone buying Sports.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used to roll my eyes at my wife because no matter how many times I told them that the Bronco and Sport are 2 totally different vehicles she couldn't tell the difference. She even confirmed with some of her coworkers that they are the "same".

So to prove my point, I took her to the Bronco event so she could actually see a real Bronco and finally see the obvious difference.

Turns out they parked the bronco right next to a similar color Sport and you know what... Damned if she wasn't right.

Don't get me wrong, we all know how different they are, hell, there are folks here with way to much time on their hands that have memorized grill per trim specs, but with the novice eye, if it were not for one having a spare tire on the back vs the other not...they do look very similar... Definitely enough to cause confusion.

Before they opened the doors on the Bronco, it really did resemble the sport sitting behind it.

20210419_105821.jpg
Ford Bronco Bronco or Bronco Sport? Who's Confused? Ford Advertising tenor-4
Sponsored