Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This launch has gone just about as well as the Explorer launch!
No the Explorer launch was a debacle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus after launch the quality issues were totally uncalled for.
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Time to move your reservation. They may not know invoice pricing until March, but that should not stop them from committing to it, what ever it is, and show it to you at consummation. They are trying to keep you in the dark and throwing horse shit on you. Not that I don't like mushrooms, but that does not make me want to be one. You're here and know better at this point. Your call, not theirs...
Oh I know they are feeding me crap.

My debate is this - I have to decide on dealer soon. I may want to sit on my 2nd day reservation until I am into MY 22. If I do that, and I am at Stephens, then I am on the back end of the allocation equation and will have to wait even longer. So maybe I don’t want to switch to Stephens. ?‍♂

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I spent most of my running car dealerships and actually owned (partner) a Subaru dealership. I worked ford Ford, Lincoln, Nissan, Porsche Audi, Infinity, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo and others. This is definitely the worst vehicle release I have ever witnessed. If this keeps up I will be forced to go buy something else even though I don't want to. Ford is screwing the pooch. You would think they'd be bustin' butt to get these reserved vehicles built and on the road before interest fades but to the contrary it seems like they are just taking their good old time and don't have their act together at all. One delay after another after another etc, etc. Rumor or not it's just what I would expect from Ford at this point. By now they can no longer use COVID 19 as an excuse as other companies are figuring it out somehow and getting vehicles built.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

sscott87

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m still stuck on the dealer rep’s lack of knowledge on the BCC feature for such a mass email. I’d run to another dealer. ???

Sponsored

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chill, have some patience and understanding. The Virus is wreaking havoc on production facilities, supply chains and even engineering services. Nearly every industry is experiencing long delays. We will all get our Broncos and it will be worth the wait.

Migs1313

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco & Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chill, have some patience and understanding. The Virus is wreaking havoc on production facilities, supply chains and even engineering services. Nearly every industry is experiencing long delays. We will all get our Broncos and it will be worth the wait.
I don't think people are super upset with the delays I think everyone understands the situation. I think the problem is the lack of communication from Ford about anything.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well. This is exactly what I predicted back in the Summer. I knew the Virus would cause delays and reak havoc on the release of the Bronco. This is only the beginning. I wouldn't be surprised if most of us Don't get our Broncos until Fall if 2021 at the earliest. Im not trying to be negative im just being realistic. Be prepared thats all. Good luck to all of us waiting.

Screenshot_20200824-152758_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard from my attorney’s nephew’s sister’s father’s uncle’s dog that’s it been delayed for six months.

Really !?! Because I heard from my nephew's 3rd cousin's neighbor's cat that Ford decided to cancel the Bronco entirely. Just wasn't worth listening to all the griping.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, lets not compare this to Explorer, this is nothing like the Explorer launch. Explorer ordering and scheduling went as expected with no issues, actually was smoother than most. Issue with Explorer was production, there were lots of production issues and holds, some cars were taking 8 months after they were built before they got to dealers (Police mostly), so this is nothing like that. However, you could say that the Explorer issue may be causing Bronco issues since Ford's under heavy pressure to not repeat it, so I can see delays BEFORE production to make sure they don't end up with built units sitting at the plant for months.

Ok, that said, this is the worst I've seen for changing information and lack of clarity before ordering. Part of it is Ford trying to please consumers, I think the opening up the changing dealers thing till January messed up part of the timeline since now the early allocation estimates are meaningless. The bigger part is that they just weren't ready for this demand, and as was said Corona virus seems to be making people lazy as we've seen drastic slowdowns in everything we do with Ford and most with no reason. At the dealership we've dubbed it the lazy virus since it seems to be crutch that many (and not just Ford) are leaning on to not do their job and no one calls them on it.

As to those that are complaining about Ford not sharing info, welcome to the world of being a dealer, we fight this every day, I've been doing it for 25 years and its always been this way. We'll get a vehicle built, but then it will just say "produced" when it doesn't ship, eventually we call OPC to check on it an we'll get told its on "quality hold", no eta, no info as to why, maybe and big maybe, we might get told how many are in the hold with it. Never will we get an estimate or anything we could share with the customer to give them some confidence, furthering the bad reputation of dealerships, yet it's Ford that won't provide the info.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spent most of my running car dealerships and actually owned (partner) a Subaru dealership. I worked ford Ford, Lincoln, Nissan, Porsche Audi, Infinity, Peugeot, Alfa Romeo and others. This is definitely the worst vehicle release I have ever witnessed. If this keeps up I will be forced to go buy something else even though I don't want to. Ford is screwing the pooch. You would think they'd be bustin' butt to get these reserved vehicles built and on the road before interest fades but to the contrary it seems like they are just taking their good old time and don't have their act together at all. One delay after another after another etc, etc. Rumor or not it's just what I would expect from Ford at this point. By now they can no longer use COVID 19 as an excuse as other companies are figuring it out somehow and getting vehicles built.

There is a big difference between building vehicles already in production and bringing online an entirely new vehicle from the ground up. Even the 2021 F-150 isn't as monumental a task as this. You're not just dealing with new design, but new manufacturing equipment and procedures. With everything I've seen and having been involved in new vehicle launches before, they seem to be right on schedule for the June 2021 delivery target. Seeing preproduction vehicles in October puts them in line to build in May which means June delivery. Just because they haven't taken your order doesn't mean squat. Frankly, its not in the critical path to delivery.

Also, lets not forget this whole thread is based on an email from a guy that can't figure out BCC

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Continuing to excuse Ford's lack of communication due to Covid is simply excusing Ford for their inability to communicate with their dealers and customers.

Covid is not stopping Ford from:
  • Communication
  • Email Updates
  • Releasing things such as full technical specs, including Wheel and GVWR information, etc.
Even IF, their entire supply chain was running six months behind due to Covid, basic Crisis Management is being completely ignored or is a foreign concept to Ford. Even if they fired everyone of their consultants it is simple to understand:

6 Effective Strategies for Communication in a Crisis

In a crisis like the COVID-19 pandemic, many businesses and their customers are left in the lurch. Follow these steps to communicate effectively with your audience during this or any other crisis.
  • Prepare a crisis communication plan.
  • Put the customer first.
  • Communicate with the public quickly and accurately.
  • Take advantage of all communication channels.
  • Use social media as a crisis communication tool.
  • Conduct post-crisis evaluation and follow-up communication.
(Ford, my consultant fee is only $1 million or one fully loaded Bronco Badlands.)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford will answer the question on Tuesday :p