Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My credit was not hit/run...they did take a pic of my license, and from buying cars in the past I recognize it is the standard auto dealer form they have anyone complete who is interested in buying a car. I am not worried about conspiracy theories because these days a Google search will yield about as much info as I was asked to share...and the dealer asked if I plan to pay cash, to use financing, and if I have a trade...the same thing they ask anyone buying anything. I have only been on this forum a short time, but from what I have gathered there a LOT of folks here who spend a LOT of time trying to solve some kind of Bronco Da Vinci code...sorting out the numbers in the reservations, guessing when units arrive, locating secret emails...etc. My take, FWIW, is that I, like the rest of the good folks in this forum who are obviously interested in obtaining a Bronco, would be best served by spending less time perseverating on the things everyone is guessing at/angry with/have zero control over and instead go with the flow. Having bought (and sold, for a very short time) cars in the past, I know that having a customer fill out a simple credit app can be a HUGE time saver (and possibly a warning flag) for dealers. One of the biggest time sucks for a dealer is spending all day with a potential customer, only to find out he or she is "upside down" on his or her finances and/or trade. If that is the case, the dealer can't get the person financed because no one will lend to them or they have to get really creative...and with Broncos costing upwards of 60k out the door the dealers care less about who wants them and more about who can pay for them/who they can get financed. A quick credit pull prevents a deal from going off the rails and from having the dealer explain to a person who does not have the resources to make a 1000 a month payment and still meet their other obligations. If a person does not want credit pulled, all they have to do is tell the dealer they will be financing on their own or paying cash or whatever (and not provide SSN/DL). I don't have 50k laying around, so I was happy to fill out the credit app and then if/when they pull it I can compare whatever Ford is offering at the time or just use my Credit Union. Additionally, it makes a LOT of sense to spend 30 minutes now, prior to the rush of folks who will clog the dealer when the dealer is able to push the order button, so that all I need to do is take a phone call some time in the (hopefully) near future when the dealer is able to hit "send." I personally am trying not to spend a lot of time wondering exactly when xyz will happen because even if I do it changes absolutely nothing...they will arrive when they arrive and whatever I or anyone else decides I can get my 100 bucks back if I change my mind. The wait sucks but so does wearing a mask/working remotely/not being able to go into the stores I used to unless there are less than x people in there at one time and so forth. I could buy a Jeep right now, but they cost as much as a Bronco and I like the Bronco better...and I could buy an original Bronco, but a decent one costs TWICE as much as a new one, and I could build my own Jeep/Bronco/FJ40/FJ55 etc but I'd spend more money than I would on a new Bronco AND it would take longer for me to build it than the wait to get the new Bronco. So for me, I will just wait until the next call and not try to overthink it. Hopefully we all eventually will get whatever it is we are hoping for!
20201202_110410.jpg
Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m not mad- gives them more time to iron out the FE interior.

Fireman Dave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands, 2020 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This probably should be a separate thread or survey if it isn't already, but who else has had minimal communication from their dealer outside of the initial confirmation?
I have received one confirmation call from my dealer about a month after the reservation was made telling me I would be able to order my Bronco SPORT very soon. I told them I did not reserve a sport. Other than that, nothing. That is also including correspondence from FORD other than the initial verification of my reservation.
I am not worried about it, it will happen when it is supposed to. I have waited for another Bronco since 1996, I can wait a little longer. For those too impatient to wait, go ahead and buy a Wrangler. By the time we get our Bronco's you will be ready to get rid of them. :)

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point, I actually welcome any delays to ordering. I figure the later I order, the more likely we are to have a more complete picture of options and accessories. We still are no where close to the 200+ launch accessories, and there are a lot of odd limitations with options and trims that still need to be ironed out or explained.

I'd actually be fine with production getting delayed too if it means that all of these late availability options and accessories are actually available to order with my Bronco.

I guess it comes down to this: I'm more interested in being able to get the Bronco I want, with all the options and accessories I want, than I am in getting it as fast as possible.

PhilS

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have received one confirmation call from my dealer about a month after the reservation was made telling me I would be able to order my Bronco SPORT very soon. I told them I did not reserve a sport. Other than that, nothing. That is also including correspondence from FORD other than the initial verification of my reservation.
I am not worried about it, it will happen when it is supposed to. I have waited for another Bronco since 1996, I can wait a little longer. For those too impatient to wait, go ahead and buy a Wrangler. By the time we get our Bronco's you will be ready to get rid of them. :)
Exactly. I know I would be super disappointed with a wrangler Jeep's historically bad customer service and reliability. I've recently paid of my daily driver, so waiting just allows me more time to grow the down payment fund.

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a skeptic I am just thrilled that my reservation actually made it to the dealer and that the dealer knows I exist...if I set my expectations bar low I am less likely to be disappointed/frustrated. Everyone wants to know what we will be buying...but the dealers are not withholding secret info from us. I think some are making it up as they go along, but that is most likely because Bronco hopefuls can be a tough crowd and they want to be able to share SOMEthing...

ROCKO

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t be surprised if MY2021 is a wash and turns out to be MY2022 as the first set of Broncos ?

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn’t be surprised if MY2021 is a wash and turns out to be MY2022 as the first set of Broncos ?
I'm rather surprised with the late start they didn't just call them 22's, I'm guessing there are some CAFE or other issues involved.

Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know there was a different thread, but another delay or two and they seriously should just start calling them 2022 Broncos. Talk about being out of date as you drive home from the dealer.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At this point, I actually welcome any delays to ordering. I figure the later I order, the more likely we are to have a more complete picture of options and accessories. We still are no where close to the 200+ launch accessories, and there are a lot of odd limitations with options and trims that still need to be ironed out or explained.

I'd actually be fine with production getting delayed too if it means that all of these late availability options and accessories are actually available to order with my Bronco.

I guess it comes down to this: I'm more interested in being able to get the Bronco I want, with all the options and accessories I want, than I am in getting it as fast as possible.
I tend to agree with you....but....when FORD puts out information and date time lines....they should stick to it. Otherwise they look disorganized and will piss some off. Any more delays (other than a Covid delay) and more will jump ship. I am ready to order and....I will not wait forever for the Bronco.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I tend to agree with you....but....when FORD puts out information and date time lines....they should stick to it. Otherwise they look disorganized and will piss some off. Any more delays (other than a Covid delay) and more will jump ship. I am ready to order and....I will not wait forever for the Bronco.
Every manufacture is delayed at this moment .. For one reason or another, if not parts, its raw materials or simply unable to deliver on time ... nothing is guaranteed, everything is under assumption .. if I were you I would jump ship now and save yourself the aggravation!
Sponsored

Last edited: