TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Admins feel free to merge this if you don't find it worthy of its own thread. Also, I figure others can add their experiences here to create an overview of what people are going through so we can see what's normal and what's unusual.

So, for context, I originally reserved a 4-Door Big Bend but since have decided to get a 4-Door Wildtrak. Anyway, I went in to my dealership on Wednesday 1/20 to place my order (I thought) with the salesman I've been working with for my Wildtrak. We sat down and went through the regular Build & Price. He printed it out and I signed it thinking he was going in to input it into the WBDO System after I left? At that same visit I also signed a pricing estimate and paid my $900 refundable deposit.

After that, I never got a confirmation email from my dealer or from Ford about my order. I also realized that I hadn't asked to see the order guide or add the fold down table and whatnot to my order like I wanted. On 1/26, I checked my reservation on my Ford account and it said I had an In-Store order for a Big Bend with an order # placed on 1/25. I called the Ford customer # and they confirmed that my dealer had put in an in store order for a Big Bend. I panicked a little bit haha. I called my dealer and asked to talk to the Inventory Manager. He assured me that it was part of the process and that he still needed to go through and update my order to what was on that Build & Price sheet I signed initially. I scheduled time the next morning, 1/27, to sit with him and edit my order/put my actual order in.

I went in a sat with him and sure enough, we were able to edit everything including trim and door count (even though I didn't change my door count). He printed out the final build from the WBDO system and I verified it against my Build & Price sheet. Everything was good and he submitted my order. He said that in order to get reservations into the WBDO system, they have to accept them which creates and order for whatever you initially reserved. In my case, the Big Bend. That's what I saw on my account. Then, once the order is accepted and in the WBDO system, they can go back and make all the edits and resubmit the order.

After sitting with the Inventory Manager and submitting my order how I want it, I've gotten an official order confirmation email from Ford with my order details.

Also, I learned that the Rock Rails and a few other accessories are not in the WBDO system yet and therefore you can't order them (yet).

So, I'm not sure if dealership people on here can confirm that it is necessary to accept the original reservation as an order before editing and placing the actual order but yeah.

Takeaways:
  • If you're planning to order, get in and start the process sooner than later in case it takes awhile to get it right
  • Talk directly with the inventory manager or whoever handles the WBDO system at your dealership & sit with them as they enter everything if you can
  • Some accessories are not in the WBDO system just yet
  • You might see an order placed for your initial reservation trim on your Ford account and that's okay as long as your dealer understands they need to edit it
  • Look for an official order confirmation email from Ford after correctly placing your order
Sponsored

Last edited:

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, apparently my dealer submitted my order without sending me the final build sheet, and then mentioned that they can't "edit" my order due to a glitch in the system... to which I responded, "Why would you need to edit my build if you did not submit it based on the PDF I sent in?"

Hopefully, it's just the way this works where they send in an order for trim and doors, then add the options/accessories to that order after the fact? I'm unsure, but it's leaving me with an uneasy feeling...

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's been a nightmare, a nightmare that could had been avoided if we could just submit our orders to the dealer for approval on the internet, then view those details later.

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problems here. My dealer had my build and put it into the system and about 3 hours later I had an email from Ford.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m starting to think that these ā€œunauthorizedā€˜ā€œ orders are much more widespread than it seemed a few days ago. It is possible that these dealers are colliding to blow up the Ford reservation based priority system by overloading it with unauthorized orders. What is Ford going to do? Tell them they canā€™t sell the Broncos they specā€™d which the reservation holder refuses delivery on? They get a lot full of Broncos and by the time allocation catches up to the reservations Ford wonā€™t be able to withhold allocation because they will need to move inventory.

Sponsored

Cryztus

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I did not have any problem. Then again I decided to take out a lot of features from my final decision so that I would not risk delay. I did have a question I am hoping someone can answer. Can the dealer add any fees to the price? My dealer added a document prep fee and a tire/battery fee. Is this normal? are these regular dealer fees?

pitter_patter

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No problems here so far. I did it over the phone with the dealer, they sent an email right away with what the order was, and the next day I got a confirmation email from Ford.

Still yet to be seen how it will play out when I get my build date, as that might change what I want to order if I'll be waiting for high demand items I might change my build.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™m starting to think that these ā€œunauthorizedā€˜ā€œ orders are much more widespread than it seemed a few days ago. It is possible that these dealers are colliding to blow up the Ford reservation based priority system by overloading it with unauthorized orders. What is Ford going to do? Tell them they canā€™t sell the Broncos they specā€™d which the reservation holder refuses delivery on? They get a lot full of Broncos and by the time allocation catches up to the reservations Ford wonā€™t be able to withhold allocation because they will need to move inventory.
That's interesting and kinda scary because it seems plausible. If dealers just turned all their reservations to orders regardless of customers decision to do so would mean they'd get all those orders with customers who don't even want one anymore which would mean they get to sell them on the lot. Hmmmm but why? Dealers only get as many Broncos as Ford allocates them for 21 and I'm sure most dealers have enough reservation holders that will actually order and buy their Bronco. Maybe not enough customers ordering low trim and basic options? I forget what happens if you cancel your reservation or order, does your dealership get to keep it or does your reservation # and everything disappear?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No problems here so far. I did it over the phone with the dealer, they sent an email right away with what the order was, and the next day I got a confirmation email from Ford.

Still yet to be seen how it will play out when I get my build date, as that might change what I want to order if I'll be waiting for high demand items I might change my build.
I did mine by phone also on Monday. My dealer called me back this morning because part of the order didn't print correctly and he wanted to reconfirm everything. They are putting in all conversions today that they have so far. Mine now shows ordered with todays date, but also says "call dealer". Not sure what that means. I'll give it overnight and see what happens.

BigSki150

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did mine over the phone with John from Stephens Auto Center this morning. I had sent him my PDF from B&P and it was quick and Painless.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think I did not have any problem. Then again I decided to take out a lot of features from my final decision so that I would not risk delay. I did have a question I am hoping someone can answer. Can the dealer add any fees to the price? My dealer added a document prep fee and a tire/battery fee. Is this normal? are these regular dealer fees?
Most all dealers have a doc fee, but a tire/battery fee sounds like something made up by your dealer to make a profit for doing nothing. I would call them, and ask exactly what it is. Then I would tell them I don't want that item, and see if they will remove it.

You see many dealers doing the same type of shady deals with pin strips, door edge molding, and whatever they can come up with. They cram it in the fine print as they know the average customer that takes out a loan to pay for the car never looks for these type of "add-ons". And that's nearly a 100% profit making thing for them. Many, when caught, will drop it so they don't lose a sell.

FerkinBlonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 KLR 650, 2022 Bronco Base (2dr/7mt/CO)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My experience:

I originally reserved a bone-stock base. I went into the dealer to spec my order on 1/22 (I guess I was their guinea pig, 1st person to come in and go through the config process).

I walked them through the config I wanted, they got everything entered and printed an order sheet w/ the MSRP and config (ended up with BD and a bunch of goodies).

Judging from my Ford acct., the next day the entered my order... bone stock base. I texted the sales guy on Monday, he basically said not to worry about it and seemed to think that was still the reservation (it's clear that he didn't double check, it clearly states "in-store order" now). The sales guy made it pretty clear he's not going to address it in the near term, although I haven't pressed the issue.

My dealer experience has been pretty dismal... if they order the base I'm gonna walk. I'll go through with it, with a bad taste in my mouth, if I end up with what I signed off on. I guess I get another chance to tweak the order before it hits production, though (?). Supposedly I'm MY22 based on my place in line on the allocation.

I felt a little sorry for the sales guy, though. The GM that was helping him enter the order was pretty snarky to him. I'm surprised they behaved that way in front of a customer.

On the up-side, there's no ADM or deposit at this place. Sales tax is low for the state here. They're gonna sell at MSRP, which is better than some places I've heard of. They were also pretty quick in getting this in for me.

Last edited:

markavelli

Base
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Admins feel free to merge this if you don't find it worthy of its own thread. Also, I figure others can add their experiences here to create an overview of what people are going through so we can see what's normal and what's unusual.

So, for context, I originally reserved a 4-Door Big Bend but since have decided to get a 4-Door Wildtrak. Anyway, I went in to my dealership on Wednesday 1/20 to place my order (I thought) with the salesman I've been working with for my Wildtrak. We sat down and went through the regular Build & Price. He printed it out and I signed it thinking he was going in to input it into the WBDO System after I left? At that same visit I also signed a pricing estimate and paid my $900 refundable deposit.

After that, I never got a confirmation email from my dealer or from Ford about my order. I also realized that I hadn't asked to see the order guide or add the fold down table and whatnot to my order like I wanted. On 1/26, I checked my reservation on my Ford account and it said I had an In-Store order for a Big Bend with an order #. I called the Ford customer # and they confirmed that my dealer had put in an in store order for a Big Bend. I panicked a little bit haha. I called my dealer and asked to talk to the Inventory Manager. He assured me that it was part of the process and that he still needed to go through and update my order to what was on that Build & Price sheet I signed initially. I scheduled time the next morning, 1/27, to sit with him and edit my order/put my actual order in.

I went in a sat with him and sure enough, we were able to edit everything including trim and door count (even though I didn't change my door count). He printed out the final build from the WBDO system and I verified it against my Build & Price sheet. Everything was good and he submitted my order. He said that in order to get reservations into the WBDO system, they have to accept them which creates and order for whatever you initially reserved. In my case, the Big Bend. That's what I saw on my account. Then, once the order is accepted and in the WBDO system, they can go back and make all the edits and resubmit the order.

After sitting with the Inventory Manager and submitting my order how I want it, I've gotten an official order confirmation email from Ford with my order details.

Also, I learned that the Rock Rails and a few other accessories are not in the WBDO system yet and therefore you can't order them (yet).

So, I'm not sure if dealership people on here can confirm that it is necessary to accept the original reservation as an order before editing and placing the actual order but yeah.

Takeaways:
  • If you're planning to order, get in and start the process sooner than later in case it takes awhile to get it right
  • Talk directly with the inventory manager or whoever handles the WBDO system at your dealership & sit with them as they enter everything if you can
  • Some accessories are not in the WBDO system just yet
  • You might see an order placed for your initial reservation trim on your Ford account and that's okay as long as your dealer understands they need to edit it
  • Look for an official order confirmation email from Ford after correctly placing your order

Similar experience. And I was told a $5,000 dealer mark up was going to be added. Not feeling good about it here but trying to work with the dealer before I further put on blast and try to switch my order. Ordered a base 2 door, silver, no add on's but a roof rack.
Sponsored