Sponsored

Bronco order placed online w/Ford.com - ADM?

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealer I selected was dragging their feet with placing my order after I received the "time to order" email. So I went ahead and placed the order directly through Ford.com and they sent the order to the dealership. After a few days they order finally showed as "accepted" by the dealership.

When I asked for a signed copy of the order build I was told:
"Attached is the WBDO build sheet. Because you ordered it online we don't need you to sign it."

My dealer seems a little shady, taking days to respond and acting like they have no idea what I'm asking about.

I'm assuming there is a good chance they will try to tack on ADM once my Bronco arrives (build schedule week of 1/24/22).

Is it feasible that I can avoid the shenanigans?
Sponsored

Mobernerd

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Colorado Z71/1972 GMC Sprint SP
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealer I selected was dragging their feet with placing my order after I received the "time to order" email. So I went ahead and placed the order directly through Ford.com and they sent the order to the dealership. After a few days they order finally showed as "accepted" by the dealership.

"Attached is the WBDO build sheet. Because you ordered it online we don't need you to sign it."

My dealer seems a little shady, taking days to respond and acting like they have no idea what I'm asking about.

I'm assuming there is a good chance they will try to tack on ADM once my Bronco arrives (build schedule week of 1/24/22).

I just talked about this in another thread. My dealer needed me to come in and sign, or at least sign in some way. I had another user get a little salty and say that the information I received about having to sign was bogus, so take it for what its worth, but here is what I received. I'm hoping for the best too. I do have a signed purchase order though.

Ford Bronco Bronco order placed online w/Ford.com - ADM? 2021-11-18 (1)

Ford Bronco Bronco order placed online w/Ford.com - ADM? InkedBroncoemail_2

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's really simple. Sign a purchase agreement with your dealer when placing your order. It's what I did and I'm glad I, along with the dealer, have a signed purchase agreement. No stress for me!

From Ford Bronco FAQ:

What can I do if I can’t agree to a selling price with my dealer?
Dealers are independent franchises. The final price a customer will pay for any vehicle is agreed between themselves and a dealer that’s at, below, or above MSRP. We recommend that all customers agree to a selling price with their dealer when an order is placed via a signed purchase agreement.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is true.

Signing the WBDO build sheet is just confirming that the dealer placed the order correctly in Ford's ordering system. The WBDO build sheet makes zero assurances in regards to price. Since you placed the order yourself within Ford's online ordering system, there is no need to confirm that the order was placed correctly.

The online ordering system (and the WBDO build sheet) only lists MSRP, which is NOT the final sales price. If you want to an agreement on pricing, you'll need to approach the dealer and get a separate signed agreement that lists final sales price. For most dealerships, this is done with a Purchase Agreement.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sorry, there is no such thing as an order directly with Ford. They only sell through franchised dealers, Ford is not Tesla or Amazon.

You still need to buy it the old fashioned way, you negotiate a price and get a signed sales contract, anything less, you are being naive, fooled or scammed.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Signing and providing a copy of your ID isn't bogus. Ford wants signed orders and copies of your ID to ensure it's a legitimate order and the dealer isn't using fugazi names to get dealer stock.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had another user get a little salty and say that the information I received about having to sign was bogus,
I wasn't being salty! I was just pointing out that your dealer gave you incorrect (bogus) information.

:p

OP
OP

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks all. Much appreciated information. Looks like I'm heading to the dealership to get a signed Purchase Agreement. Lord help me.

Mobernerd

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Colorado Z71/1972 GMC Sprint SP
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wasn't being salty! I was just pointing out that your dealer gave you incorrect (bogus) information.

:p
My apologies, but it seems like the completely wrong part of the information to focus on. It was practically an afterthought. I just don't get it. Why? Everyone knows Docusign and like apps and programs exist. But once again accept my apologies for using the term "salty". You obviously didn't mean it in the way I took it. and accept my apologies in the other thread as well. I am frustrated with humanity in general at present--not your fault.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've worked with several dealers, and if they agree to no add ons with special orders, I work with them. If they wont give a straight and honest response, I wont work with them. Sometimes, though, a face to face meeting is required. Remember, you get to CHOOSE the dealer when you order!

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks all. Much appreciated information. Looks like I'm heading to the dealership to get a signed Purchase Agreement. Lord help me.
You don't need to go in, but yes, you do want a signed agreement and you need to know what price you are paying.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My apologies, but it seems like the completely wrong part of the information to focus on. It was practically an afterthought. I just don't get it. Why? Everyone knows Docusign and like apps and programs exist. But once again accept my apologies for using the term "salty". You obviously didn't mean it in the way I took it. and accept my apologies in the other thread as well. I am frustrated with humanity in general at present--not your fault.
Negotiation is always best face to face, if you don't know how please read up on it or take someone with you that does. Dealers eat the naive or inexperienced for lunch.

let-me-talk-to-my-manager.jpg
Nd9GcRD9u2BcUU7ajDVWFMPfDFQHm3tTisPsisyjg&usqp=CAU.jpg

OP
OP

TahoeTexan

Outer Banks
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry, there is no such thing as an order directly with Ford. They only sell through franchised dealers, Ford is not Tesla or Amazon.

You still need to buy it the old fashioned way, you negotiate a price and get a signed sales contract, anything less, you are being naive, fooled or scammed.
My order was placed through ford.com and sent to the dealer I selected with my reservation.

I get it, Ford is not DTC. But they do offer building an order through the Ford website and sending the order to a dealership for acceptance.
Sponsored